Chapter 65
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The meeting held that morning is also reported by many famous cyber channels, both local and international. This is indeed the first meeting arranged between the Delegation Teams from both Jupiter and Saturn Health Departments. The bright flashes of cyber cameras lighten up as all members of both Jupiter and Saturn delegation teams shake hands with one another. And those who get spotlighted, of course, are the team leaders. Stairmount, as well as the leader of the Saturn delegation team named Ronald Pool.

Ronald Pool shakes Stairmount's hand in a friendly manner, "How are you, Mr. Rivers? Such a great honor to meet you." He is a man in his mid-fifties, with his denim-blue hair combed tidily, and his dark slate-blue eyes shine kindly. On the surface, Ronald Pool appears as a kind, benevolent middle-aged man.

"It's also a great honor to meet with you, Mr. Pool," Stairmount replies, also in a friendly manner, though his mind is grumbling inside, Huh, when the cameras are spotlighting you, all of you put on a friendly face, but what are you actually doing behind your back?

Both delegation teams immediately take their seats. Jupiter Delegation Team consists of a group of productive-age members, neither too young nor too old. The oldest member is Pamela who is now 43 years old. The rest are aged around 30 to 40 years. Stairmount becomes the youngest since he has not yet reached 30. They are different from the Saturn Delegation Team which consists of 7 people, the age 40 is the youngest, and the most senior one even reaches 60 years. The comparison between them is like elders and kids. At a glance, Stairmount can catch the condescending look flashing from the eyes of Saturn team members.

The reporters only report the opening and closing moments. They have no right to report the middle part of the meeting which will surely concern about the main point of the discussion, so they immediately leave this grand, luxurious room as they have reached this part. The door is soon closed. The meeting has begun.

As Stairmount has expected, the Saturn delegation team immediately exposes their true faces.

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe

"I would like to ask about something," Mr. Pool begins. "What is the true intention of the Jupiter Department of Health by conducting this cooperation project?"

The voice of Mr. Pool when he asks that question sounds stiff and cold. But Stairmount has been prepared. He replies calmly, "The main purpose of Jupiter Health Department is to assist the Saturn community in resisting any kind of health problems which find difficult to be resolved."

"However, when Fuxa Pathogen spreads last time, all you had done was blaming us, even demanding that we pay compensation for causing harm to the entire Planet. Isn't that the opposite pattern from what you are doing right now?"

It is the answer he has also expected to be asked. Stairmount replies gently, "Ah, that was all because of several bad-manner high officials. But now they have been diminished from the government. Hence, it can't be the same as it used to be."

Another member, Snow Solvent, a woman in her early 50's, joins in, "But we need to tell you this real fact, Mr. Rivers. We've managed to bring the Fuxa cases down to almost zero, while you the Jupiterians can't do that. Now you want to offer us help? What if the case that would instead happen is the opposite?"

Several members of the Saturn delegation team smile disdainfully. Stairmount answers in a calm manner, "The help we offer, is based on pure sincerity. There is a saying; please don't judge the help by its size, but instead, from the intention. The Jupiter government is committed to providing assistance for Saturn people who are in trouble. Perhaps in your opinion, it's not too much, but we humbly implore all of you to accept it."

This answer leaves Ma'am Solvent to turn speechless, as Stairmount is seemingly blaming her for being ungrateful. Mr. Pool clears his throat, "Alright, we accept the goodwill of Jupiter's government towards us, and we thank you for that. Let's continue this discussion. Would you please tell us; what would Jupiter government like to do in this cooperation project?"

Thus, the meeting goes on quite smoothly - we can say it runs quite smoothly if we ignore the cynical tone in speech and condescending stares from the Saturn delegation team.

Copyright © boundless_universe

0