Chapter 66
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The meeting seemingly goes on quite smoothly if we ignore the cynical tone in speech and condescending stares from the Saturn delegation team. Stairmount glances at his team members again and again, to check whether they get provoked or not. He can breathe a sigh of relief, they all show the same facial expressions from the beginning until now - stiff and flat like statues. As Stairmount has previously instructed.

"Let me tell you this truth; Saturn government doesn't like our arrival. And, they don't like to have cooperation with us, either. So, be prepared for all sorts of cynicism and even rudeness that they're going to launch against us."

"But, if they don't like us, why do they accept this cooperation project?" Lucas asks.

"Maybe they feel obliged. After all, Jupiter is a great nation."

"Ah, if they don't intend to cooperate with us, then no need for us to help them. It's them who need help, not us!" Torrent grumbles.

"Chill, Torrent. It means that you are temperamental. We mustn't let emotions master our mind since it will trap us to act rashly," Stairmount suggests.

"I'm just confused, with our government, anyway. Saturn has only become a nuisance for us all the time, no need to help them after all! They're really like a sluggish one!" It is Calvin who grumbles in annoyance this time.

Stairmount observes all of them. A thought passes through his mind, Then it means, I am the only one who knows about Mr. Landlord's plan. They know nothing about it. And then... Saturn shouldn't know about the plan, either. Because even the Jupiterians themselves don't get the idea about this. Maybe they just hate Jupiter. And, hate me, by assuming that I've become a traitor. He takes a deep breath. "I don't understand, either. But in my opinion, no need for us to have too detailed understanding of the highest orders' thinking. Let's just do as we're told, and believe, that it must be a good thing." He nods, convincing them. "Alright, the meeting will be held soon. If you can't hold back your emotions and feel like you're going to do something bad, just show a stiff face as if you have turned into a blank statue. That would be better than getting angry and making things worse. Remember, we are responsible for the reputation of our country."

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe 

The results of the meeting are deducted about an hour later, with the results as follows; Jupiter Delegation Team has an outlined idea for ​​the health problems Saturn people are encountering. And Jupiter Delegation Team will help in the research sector based on the obtained data, and henceforward, to develop the best steps to overcome this problem. Besides Fuxa Z, some pathogenic cases of other diseases such as XY Pathogen, AB Pathogen, and several infectious diseases which are not as severe as Fuxa also come under the discussion of this meeting. And they also discuss some miscellaneous things which are not included as the symptoms of illness and rather belongs to the mindset of the community, but this problem is inevitably quite disturbing, such as; many people still hesitant about receiving the Anti-Pathogens, especially the Specific one designed for the new type of Fuxa. The last problem mentioned is considered to be the biggest obstacle for Saturn since it hinders the country to be completely free from Fuxa Z, because to overcome Fuxa Z, then the Particular Anti-Pathogen becomes mandatory.

"Why do the Saturnians not accept the Specific Anti-Pathogen?" asks Stairmount.

"They believe that the first and second doses of Anti-Pathogens have been enough. And too much Anti-Pathogen will eventually weaken their immune system," Mintsand Marine, a man in his early forties who is the youngest member of the Saturn delegation team, replies.

"Ah, it must be because you only use your own Anti-Pathogen. You should combine it with non-Saturn-made Specific Anti-Pathogen as the proponent, they certainly won't think it weakens their own immune system," Calvin chimes in.

This is a distinct provocative statement. Startled, Stairmount immediately glares at Calvin. On the other hand, Saturn Delegation Team immediately growls in anger as they heard these words. "What does that mean? Are you saying that the Anti-Pathogens from Jupiter and Nature Continent are good while our Anti-Pathogens are bad?!"

Stairmount immediately takes over the conversation. "Nobody says that, ladies and gentlemen. What we actually mean is, perhaps you can launch a hands-on survey of what Saturn people really want for their specific anti-pathogen."

"Don't control us about that case! We know the best solution for our people!"

"We just give the suggestion. It is at your convenience, whether you are keen to accept that, or not."

Since the meeting has a strict schedule after all, of course, it will end for certain, and at this time, the meeting has reached the ending time, hence they do not pursue the problem anymore, and immediately open the door to invite journalists in and report the conclusions and results of the meeting. The cameras flash again as Stairmount and Mr. Pool is shaking hands, each showing a friendly face. No any sign that a tense argument leading to a fight just appeared not long ago.

But Stairmount understands, that this fire in the hole is heading towards an atrocious condition.

When he returns to his official residence, Stairmount stares at the pile of papers in his hands, his hands are trembling violently. A chill sweeps down his back. From the data in this paper, he has taken one step closer to getting information about Saturn society. More precisely, about their overall conditions, physically and psychologically. And if he continues this research further, as the conclusion of the meeting, then he will be able to get even more - the blood samples of Saturn people - which he can use it to pair with Sierra Pathogen.

Now drenched in a cold sweat, Stairmount's hands trembles even more violently when he realizes that his success in completing his mission can be getting closer, because it is the Saturn government itself that brings him closer to the target, by providing this data for him so as to be obtained easily.

He doesn't know what he has to do; either laughing happily, or bursting into tears.

"I am sorry..." Stairmount says slowly. "I am really sorry... I understand your hatred against me... because... I will indeed plunge you into the deepest valley of death..."

Stairmount places those piles of papers on his desk. Then, he turns on his cyber minipad, and thus gets to work.

Copyright © boundless_universe

0