Chapter 69
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You're wrong, Mr. Landlord. Saturn hates me very much."

In the living room which is safe from any bug, Stairmount is communicating with Mr. Landlord. He continues in a flat tone, "Instead, they are more comfortable with non-Saturnian team members. They eavesdrop on my official residence but don't do this to other members. Does it mean, your assumption that they will prefer Saturnian is totally wrong?"

A chuckle comes from the end of his ultra-cyber minipad. "I've told you, the first and second reasons why we choose you are, because no one is as smart as you, and you are the creator of Sierra Pathogen. About Saturnian that matter is only as a complement. If they like you, that's fine. But if not, that's not a problem either."

"That's a problem, Sir. I'm afraid, it will hinder me from taking their blood samples."

"But what I find from the news, the meeting leads to the result which is the first step in taking their blood samples. At least, it gives a sign that they accept you, doesn't it?"

Stairmount bites his lip furiously. This old fart, if he wants A, then that A must come true, and cannot be changed whatever it takes. And the accursed one is me, who has been trapped in his death nest after all. "Well, but this is all no more than data, and what I need is blood samples."

"I believe, with your cleverness, you will be able to make them believe in you and finally give you the samples of their blood."

Stairmount suddenly feels ironic. Those who hate him are the people of the same blood as him as well as originated from the land of his ancestors, while those who praise him are the people of different races and ethnicities with him.

"Thank you for your trust."

"Well. Keep up the good work, Dude." And the call is disconnected.

Stairmount takes a deep breath. He returns to his cyber minipad and continues his work, while remembering the meeting he has just had.

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe 

Saturn Delegation Team is still as stiff and cold as the previous time. But a strange matter suddenly occurs today - they are seemingly covering up something. Since the meeting held that morning discussed a problem with a deeper topic, every team member was required to give explanation much deeper and more detailed than before. At that time, every time a member spoke, he or she could suddenly fall silent and made no reply for quite a long time, until another team member continued. And it doesn't just happen once or twice, but very often. Well, no wonder that they are trying to hide something. Jupiter has ignited plenty of confrontations with Saturn, now that these two bastions are facing each other, of course, it will make them more alert. Plus, sometimes Saturn's government can be so distrustful, Stairmount thinks glumly. However, his curiosity has been incited; what is that which is covered by Saturn delegation. Hmm, let me take a look at the conversation which always made them fall silent in sudden. Snow Solvent turned silent when Calvin asked her about the kinds of pathogens other than Fuxa, Anne Liquor was silent when Pamela asked her about the transmission of the pathogens, and Douglas Splash was silent when Dominique asked him about strange pathogens... all are pointing to pathogens. Is there something about Fuxa they want to cover up? If so, what is it?...

But he has no time to think about this petty problem because, a more severe problem soon occurs.

"Stairmount, have you seen the news?! Mist Laboratory has been ransacked by Neptune!"

Stairmount soon freezes as he receives the voice message from Torrent. "What are you talking about Torrent, what's wrong with Mist lab?..."

"Look at the news! This is breaking news! It has staggered the entire Planet! Because they're saying that the Mist lab makes biological weapons, and Jupiter is the promoter of all that!"

Stairmount immediately turns on the cyber monitor, then searches for the news. What Torrent says is correct, as soon as he switches the channel to the news channel, it immediately displays the news about Mist lab, complete with the label "International Breaking News". And Torrent is right again, what makes the news become an uproar, is that Neptune claims that they have discovered Jupiter's involvement with the laboratory they accuse of making these biological weapons.

"I am watching the news. You're right." Stairmount says slowly. "Besides this matter, what else did they find? For example, about the research team, or the kind of pathogen exists there? Or something else?"

"They have not yet claimed that they find such detail. But that news is enough to cause an international shock. Right now, many people say that Mist lab produces Fuxa, that Fuxa is a biological weapon, and that it is Jupiter who has made and spread Fuxa. Jupiter's name has fallen in international eyes!"

"Since there's no evidence, they can't make accusation so casually."

"But, it will complicate our cooperation with Saturn. Fuxa appears for the first time at Saturn, so Saturn is definitely the most vengeful about Fuxa! I'm afraid that our cooperation, which has been stagnant from the start, will become chaotic because of this incident."

"There's no evidence that Jupiter has created a biological weapon. They find nothing related to biological weapons there. There's also an official research which resulted that Fuxa is originated from plants. So, of course they mustn't make such kind of accusation." After all, how can they be so reckless, still leaving the records of cooperation there even though Neptune had attacked since a month and a half ago?!... "No need to worry. No hard evidence, there's nothing they can do to us. The cooperation project will still continue as usual."

Unfortunately, it is Torrent's words that proved to be true. At this moment, the Saturn delegation team doesn't even bother to open their real faces; they blatantly express their indignation because of that shocking breaking news.

Copyright © boundless_universe

0