Chapter 93
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stairmount doesn't return to Diadem right away, instead, he is dwelling in Bracelet for a moment. Especially in the hometowns of both his father and mother, those are, Nephrite and Jadeite. Too many issues happened previously that he did not have time to refresh let alone dwell upon the hometown of his ancestors. But now, everything has passed over. Both his grandmother and Sianne have regained their vigor again, and the other patients have got recoveries one by one. Actually, all they need to do is detect the emergence of Ramscal Pathogen as early as possible by being able to distinguish Ramscal Pathogen from other Pathogen, especially from Fuxa, so as not to create misdiagnosis and harm the patient as the result, and provide the most effective therapy for the patients. But thanks to the instructions and medical training that he efficiently provides to all high-level officials of the health department, as well as the dexterity of all healthcare workers in carrying out their duties, they can handle all of this well. As the result of so many things he has to do, Stairmount becomes so exhausted, and for that reason everyone then allows him to rest for a day in this area, which is the origin of his ancestors. So here he is, sitting in this beautiful and spacious garden, gazing at the vast, endless blue sky above his head.

After he entered the working life, to have free time to connect with nature becomes a rare thing. During his occupation at Amethyst, he can do this maybe only once a month. Especially at this time, since he is serving as the delegation team leader of Jupiter Health Department, he almost doesn't have any free time, even to chat with Daphne (maybe only once a week they can have a direct call, the rest is by using the telepathic messages). Hence, he himself feels quite strange about having this leisure time in a sudden. And, what adds the strange feelings even more - is the feeling he gets as he is pondering in this tranquility.

This is the first time in his life, he is in the district where his father and mother were born. In Jupiter, his parents works so hard that they have no time for leisure or something like that. He himself is the same. He was motivated to study hard and all-in so as to experience a kind of life free from poverty and inferiority. He also spurred himself, not only to be strong physically, but also mentally. Many of his classmates who, just because they were rich or powerful then they won in everything. The teachers liked them to the extent that created them as the top of the class just because they possessed wealth or their parents had great influence. Or much worsen, just because they won in appearance or skill in speaking and behaving, even though they were zero in intelligence and they lose far from him, but in the end, it was he who lost them. And Stairmount had to face this harsh reality even when he was still in elementary school, this was what made him get mature faster than he was supposed to. He was mature, which meant that he was more ambitious and became mentally tough to deal with this harsh reality. He then tried his best to reorganize himself. Regarding money, he couldn't change it for that time since he was even still dependent on his parents, so he changed himself in the area of appearance and behavior. He did study diligently like a nerd, but he managed himself to look classy, and he even learned to be canny at speaking attitude. Gradually, it all began to show results. The teachers began to like him, and were willing to award him with class ranking in accordance with his intelligence. They even helped him to get into Millennium University in biotechnology college, which is considered as the top major of that elite university. At the university, his achievement became more and more prominent. Even Chrono could be attracted to him, it wasn't merely because of his intelligence. The way he speaks and behaves also plays an important role to get acceptance from that elite world-class organization consisting of those who are great at conspiring and therefore have extraordinary abilities in appearance and behavior for sure - in short, if he were still dumb in behaving like when he was in elementary school, Chrono won't accept him without doubt even though he was a super genius like a god - maybe they didn't even glance at him. And don't expect him to be able to achieve all these accomplishments right now.

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe

Now, he has achieved all of those accomplishments. He has been at the level of life far from even his wildest dreams when he was a child. But does it lead him to the happiness he always hopes for? The happiness, which befits the calling from the deepest part of his inner heart?

If this question appeared before this all happens, he would have said "Yes" out loud. Moreover, if somebody had a gut to argue against him - like his father - he would fight him with all his might.

But, how about right now?

When this thing he first assumed was happiness instead leads him to cause misery and suffering for others?

For his own ancestral country?

If he spreads Sierra Pathogen just as instructed by Mr. Landlord, it means that there will be a mass death in the entire Saturn. The happy look that he sees on the patients' faces he has helped will completely disappear. Everything will turn in dismay. Everything will be full of sobs, full of suffering.

It will also occur in this prefecture, where his father and mother were born.

This prefecture will be full of sobs, sorrow, and suffering.

" ... You are indeed an unfilial son, for betraying your Ancestors!..."

Stairmount lowers his head. The feeling of tightness that suddenly hits his chest pushes him to let out a long sigh.

"Hey, on this bright and beautiful day, why do you moan instead?"

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe 

0