Chapter 106
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To be honest, nobody can't guarantee that this secret site is 100 % completely deserted although it is nighttime. So, they have been well-prepared in case there is a guard inside that house. That's why they don't take Daphne with them, and just leave her at the hotel indeed. Anyway, it is George's idea.

"So, if we must be engaged in real battle, Daphne won't get hurt," George says as he steps towards Chrono's headquarters.

Payneth stares at him. "George, do you have a thing for Daphne?"

"Eh... uhmmm..." George can't answer right away.

"If I may suggest, you'd better find out whether she has a lover or not. You know, I'm just afraid you get disappointed."

"Yeah... I know. Such a pretty girl like her, no men can't stand for letting her alone..."

"You are a handsome guy, George, you are even well-built and strong. Many women will fall in love with you. There are many beautiful women on this Planet, you know."

"Yeah..." George is silent for a while. "But actually - we do all of this, is for Daphne's lover?"

Payneth is surprised as she gets that question. Well... George is an agent, after all. No wonder he can come up with that conclusion...

"No answer, then it means that it is true?" George insists.

Payneth curves a wry smile. "No, we are doing this for the sake of the country. And, to defeat Chrono."

Payneth looks sharply at the dumbfounded George. "I tell you; this is the competition between me and Chrono. If I manage to destroy their data, then it means I have surpassed them. So, this is for the sake of my pride and prestige. And, to raise the prestige of Enigma."

"But then, why is it Daphne who will turn wrath if I want to conceal the truth?"

"Ah, stop it! Don't ask too many questions." Payneth stops her footsteps. "This is the time to carry out the tasks, not to interrogate me."

They are now standing in front of the house. This Chrono's secret headquarters makes no difference between day and night - deserted, and silent, as if no life and no movement in there. But Payneth and George know the possibility that Chrono has put silencers inside it, which is why they choose to sneak in at night. At least, even if some people are still there right now, the number will be much less than at the day.

George takes out a device like a hairpin, but far more sophisticated in design. He inserts the device into the electric padlock. The padlock then gets released. But there are other steps they have to do. George then picks up another tool, which is a tiny white cube. He puts all of his fingers into the cube. He must put one finger for a few seconds, before moving to another finger. After that, he opens the cube, and presses it against a sensor plate which emits a flashing red light.

In a few seconds, the door clicks open.

"It turns out that the safeguard isn't very strict. I was quite worried, this simple method would fail." George opens the door and steps into the house. Payneth follows him.

The circumstance inside is also deserted. And even pitch dark, so they need to turn on the lights first. Payneth scans the surroundings. This house looks like an ordinary house, even the equipment inside is in minimalistic design. Evil knows what can be done by just being in this minimalistic, boring area.

"So strange, I don't expect that one of Chrono's secret sites turns out to be like this," George mutters.

Payneth takes out her ultra-cyber minipad, she starts to look for the signal from the Transmitter. "But... this kind of room design is indeed showing that Chrono is doing a terrible job."

"Oh? What's that?"

"Mind Programming."

George gawks.

"Yeah, you know. A handful of people have managed to train a militia force, from commoners who are even more cowardly than us, they can change those people to be monsters who even have the guts to sacrifice their lives. One of their 'great' techniques' is, to put those miserable people in such deserted and boring spaces like this, with nothing to distract their focus, so the mind-controller can feed them with full brainwashing training, and because the victims' focuses have got centered, they can become one hundred percent mind-control robots." And I have understood it completely right now. No wonder they can be attracted to Rivers even though he is still young. Because such reserved and centered-focus people like him are so rare in number, especially in Jupiter. Actually, they should be grateful since they can get a mind-controlled slave that one hundred percent fits their desires without searching for citizens from other countries. And, it is understandable that they protect the data about him so strictly. It will be a great loss if the mind-controlled slave who is like an oasis in the desert betrays them instead.

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe

George nid-nods, his lips are pursed. Payneth stops walking, she has found the Transmitter she is looking for, which is located under a desk. She pulls out the transmitter, then enters the access code displayed on the device into her ultra-cyber minipad.

"Okay, we're done." Smiling widely, Payneth stands up. "Now we can return to the hotel."

They hear the sound of the door knocking. Realizing that someone is trying to get in, Payneth and George immediately search for a hiding place.

Such a shame, in this minimalist space, no area can be used to hide.

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe 

0