Chapter 107
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"We go backward!" George takes Payneth's hand, they run to the other rooms. Meanwhile, the footsteps get closer.

"There's no hiding place, George!" Payneth whispers in panic.

The footsteps get much closer. Suddenly, Payneth takes that valiant action. She gets a chair beside her, then stands behind the door. When the door is pushed open, she immediately moves forward, and beats the person with a chair.

"Argh!" But the person - who turns out to be an old man - still has not yet passed out. He is even trying to crawl up. George takes the chair, then slams it again into the man's body. Success. Now the man doesn't move even for an inch.

Payneth crouches down, examining the man. "You don't beat him to death, do you?" She asks worriedly.

"No, I shouldn't... but I am indeed so panic just now..."

Payneth inhales a deep breath. "This place is no longer safe anymore. However, we've got the Transmitter. Then, let's get out of here as soon as possible."

***

"Alright. Now the code accesses of the Transmitters have been fully collected."

They have returned to Emerald, and now, have been sitting in the living room of Payneth's house.

Payneth takes out the Transmitters she has managed to collect, and puts her cyber minipad contained with the complete code accesses on the desk. She re-matches every data one more time, to ensure that the data she will enter into the minipad is correct. And once everything has been set up, she starts to enter all data into the web pages of Chrono.

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe

"Can you tell me, why should we look for those Transmitters that we are even supposed to sneak into some dangerous places, like Chrono's secret site?"

"Chrono uses the Transmitters to save the code access, in order to keep their victim's data encryption secure. We need to know the code accesses saved on the devices to eliminate the data. The code access is so difficult that it is impossible for the human brain's capacity to remember it, it surely needs to be saved. However, by saving it inside the Chrono online database, it will be vulnerable to being hacked. So, the only safe way is by not storing the data online, but in physical form offline. And to make it more difficult to get tracked, they distribute it to many locations as well. But as I said earlier, since human memory is limited, they have to put the code accesses not in any place, but have to make the connection which is easily memorized by that limited human brain - for example, the places must have close relationships with the victim. That's why I ask you to search for personal things about Rivers. Ha, not too personal exactly, Rivers will be reluctant to reveal his personal information to everybody, right? Like the places he frequently visits or gives him strong impressions, he will surely allow Chrono to access them and he won't be suspicious about their true motives, because it's a general topic. Thus they put the code access there. Whenever they need it, they just get the code accesses from the Transmitters and enter it to their web page, just like I am doing now." Payneth explains.

"The places having strong ties to Stairmount... then, we should go to Mist Laboratory? And also Sapphire?!" Daphne asks, agitated. "But, how can we go there?! It has become a battlefield!..."

"I don't think so, because it has reached the international stage, it will only burden themselves since they have to collect the data by coming to the places in person if they need it." Payneth keeps staring at the transparent cyber screen that is still loading. "But I don't understand their way of thinking. If they are abnormal people and have abnormal ways of thinking, the thing you fear might happen."

A "Tschring" sound chimes. Payneth lets out a breath of relief. "Ah, thank God, I make a correct guess. Good. I just thought that they are a bunch of psychopaths whose thoughts are different from normal human beings, but they are still normal anyway, it's only their hearts are eviler than us."

"Thank Goodness." Daphne also lets out a breath of relief.

"Ah, it turns out that we still have to pass another stage," Payneth utters again. "But, we have reached the final stage. By the way, by getting into this stage, we then can have access to much more secret documents... Huh? What is this?..."

Payneth freezes. Her eyes widen as she gazes at the screen which is now filled with data.

"Stairmount Rivers... no way..." Payneth finds her words stuck in her throat.

"What's going on with Stairmount?" Daphne turns agitated.

"In Mist Laboratory, Rivers has killed some of his research team members... and all of them... are mostly ethnic Neptunians..."

"What?!..." Daphne immediately rises to her feet. Eyes turning wide, she observes the data one by one, which tells the entirety of what has happened in Mist Laboratory, and everything related to Stairmount. About the incident which had happened, its chronology, where and when it precisely happened, and even the names of the people who got involved, as well as the victims who have got murdered.

As she comes to that name, Daphne suddenly feels that she has stopped breathing. She can't breathe.

"Warren Yalle..." Daphne whispers. "That is... my Dad."

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe

0