Chapter 112
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Daphne knows that her mother is starting to suspect her sudden-and-strange depression. So in order to avoid her mother's suspicion, she exerts her best to get rid of the depressed facial expression. She also understands that she can't be maintained this depressed facial expression at work. She has often delivered orders to incorrect customers, and this bad behavior has been going on for two days. Some customers even make frank complaints about her attitude. Since Daphne doesn't give the customers the regretful reaction they expect, Mr. Finns is the one who then apologizes to the customers. But after that, Mr.  Finns immediately complains to Daphne.

"Daphne, what's wrong with you? You've been very diligent all this time, but why have you changed drastically over the past two days? Are you sick? Or, do you have any problem? If you get sick, you can take time off. But if you encounter any problem, then let me tell you about this; Humans won't be able to survive if they let their emotions control them. And you mustn't mix any personal matters with work, or it will turn out this way. You get my point, don't you?"

"Yes, Mr. Finns," Daphne answers in a low voice. "I get it."

So, after getting such complaints from Mr. Finns, by exerting her best effort, Daphne is finally able to ignore her depression (only during work hours), and focus her mind totally when she is working. She doesn't know whether her effort works or not, but at least, until the end of her working hours, no customer complains to her anymore.

Eight o'clock in the evening. Daphne's shift is replaced by another waitress, a refugee of Ralara descent. Daphne is just about to go home when someone appears before her.

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe 

"Hi, Daphne." That man turns out to be George. He is standing across the front of the restaurant.

"Oh... hey, George..." Daphne forces a friendly smile.

"So, you are working here?"

"Yes."

"And now, you want to go home?"

"That's right."

"So, you are free?"

"Um... well... yes."

"Ah, that's great. I have some free time, too, by chance. Want to go for a walk in the park? Just to fill our leisure time?"

"Uhm..." Daphne taps her fingers, a sign that she has to consider it first. To be precise, she is considering whether her depression will recur if she spends her leisure time together with George and thus it will let George disturbed.

George stares at Daphne, eyes emitting a serious look. Then, he nods reassuringly, as if saying; Rest assured, spending your time with me won't trigger you, instead, you will be free from all of your problems.

"Well, then," Daphne answers at last.

When they go toward the public park, they don't interact closely like co-workers usually do, instead, the atmosphere between them feels quiet, and far off. But George has been informed about it. Payneth has told him before.

"I have good news for you, George. Daphne is having a big fight with her lover. Well, it's a great chance for you. You have to take it immediately."

"Eh?... You mean, I have to approach Daphne?!"

"That's right. And more, I tell you; by doing this, you have also carried out the state duty."

"Huh?! Are you serious?!?" George is astonished. "How can the way to carry out the state duty give so much fun?!?"

"So. You have to do your best, you have to succeed! Because there are two kinds of results you'll achieve at once, carrying out the state duty, as well as getting Daphne's heart."

"You are serious?!" George keeps laughing. "That's really weird!... Hey, by the way, who is Daphne's lover, actually? Why have I carried out the state duty by snatching Daphne from him? Tell me! I'm so curious, you know!"

"It's not included in the results you need to achieve, so no need for you to know."

"Ah... alright, then. I'll try to get the information directly from Daphne!"

"Hey, I tell you, once you try to do it, she will turn away from you completely and will never come back again. So! What matters is that Daphne becomes yours, right? And you can devote yourself to your country? You don't have to worry about anything else, just focus on the results. Happy service!"

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe 

0