Chapter 113
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Daphne, by the way, what is your position at that restaurant?" Starting to feel uncomfortable at the silence from Daphne's lingering coldness, George decides to break the quietness.

"As a waitress," Daphne answers.

George looks surprised. "Ah? But you're so smart, why do you only work as a waitress?"

"I haven't graduated from college yet. My school stopped because I was forced to evacuate from Sapphire."

"Ah... such a shame... But, don't you think about continuing your education here at Jupiter?"

"I have no money."

"Or, in Neptune? I can find you a connection to continue your education there.... and also to help you financially."

They have arrived at the public park.  By that time people have returned from work, the park is quite crowded. George leads the way to a quieter area in order to have a smoother conversation. And, he hopes, Daphne will be touched, and by then this cold atmosphere can be melted.

Out of his expectation, Daphne keeps silent even though George has been very kind by offering such a big help for her.

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe

Inside his mind, George sighs. Well, even though the goal brings so much fun, but it won't be easy to get realized. Because, melting Daphne's heart turns out to be as difficult as melting a diamond.

It indeed turns out to be a difficult matter. Daphne will only still keep quiet if George hasn't thrown her the questions. And when Daphne answers him, her answers are always very brief, spoken with a robotic expression. The longer he is with Daphne, the deeper George understands that Daphne seems to suffer from depression. Wow, tsk tsk, the effect of heartbreak Daphne suffers is really terrible. She appears to suffer from severe depression. Actually who is having such a cruel heart by hurting a girl as beautiful and kindhearted as Daphne? Whoever he is, he is surely the most selfish and ungrateful man on this entire Planet. Tsk tsk, Payneth knows who actually he is, but she doesn't tell me anyway. Maybe she knows, once I find the real identity of that bastard, I will definitely beat him up!

Three hours have passed, yet no significant progress George has achieved. George finally decides to end this rendezvous. He springs out of his seat. "Ah, time flies, it's getting late. Such a pleasure to have a chat with you today, Daphne." He curves a wide smile. "We can meet and chat some time, like today, okay?" It is the first rendezvous anyway, I can't give up so easily.

Daphne also rises to her feet. She nods slightly, forcing a fake smile. "Yes... George..."

"Let me take you to your home." George offers.

"Thank you... but I don't want to bother you... I can go home by myself..."

"It doesn't bother me at all, really. Come on." George leads the way.

Actually, Daphne gets a sudden urge to spend her time alone. But since she finds that George is so kind towards her, she becomes uncomfortable to refuse his offer. Being forced to take the offer, Daphne forces a fake smile once more. "Thank you..."

When they arrive in front of the house, Mrs. Yalle is drying clothes and watches both of them by coincidence. Upon seeing Daphne and George's arrival, Mrs. Yalle turns her gaze toward them. "Daphne, you've come home?"

"Yes, Mom," Daphne replies shortly.

"This is your friend?"

"Yes... let me introduce, this is George." Then Daphne introduces George to her mother, and vice versa.

"Alright, I'll excuse myself," George says. He turns to Mrs. Yalle. "Ma'am, please excuse me. See you later."

"See you later," replies Mrs. Yalle.

After George has vanished from sight, Mrs. Yalle immediately asks her daughter. "He is also a Neptunian? How do you know him?"

"He's the friend of Payneth, the woman I have treated before."

"Hmm... there is something weird. Why does he seem to have a thing on you?" Mrs. Yalle is pondering. "Beware, Daphne. You are going to marry Stairmount, right? Make your choice. Don't get yourself caught between two loves."

In response to her mother's words, all Daphne does is turn around and enter the house in silence.

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe 

0