Chapter 114
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Alright... hold on a bit longer... Good. It's done, Grandsire. Thank you."

Stairmount nods politely at an old man in his 70s. He has just taken the old man's blood, which he then collects together with the samples from other participants and after that examines it, to determine what anti-pathogens or drugs are suitable to be developed according to their conditions, as well as the health services needed for that specific area.

"It is we who should thank you, Young Man!" The Grandsire shouts excitedly. "You have become a hero by saving all of us!"

"Thank you. I am happy to hear that." Stairmount replies politely. After the old man leaves, he is replaced by a middle-aged man, and this man is just as excited as the previous old man.

"Alright, done. Thank you." Stairmount nods politely at the middle-aged man.

"We also want to thank you. You bring dignity to the name of ethnic Saturnian all over the Planet!" The man shouts cheerfully.

"Ah... well..." Having no suitable idea about how to react to this response, Stairmount finally chooses to curve a fake smile.

Right now they are on a research visit in Diadem. The people of Diadem are evidently as enthusiastic as the residents in the southern cities. As for the participants who take part in this research, they are more in number than southern areas, perhaps because Diadem is the capital, so the information about health extension can be more massive in obtaining the responses from the residents. It thus makes them much busier than before. And moreover, they still have to work in the laboratory to find the best type of treatment for the community after that.

And of course, specific for Stairmount, to get the blood samples for the completion of Sierra Pathogen.

Every time he thinks about it, his whole body will turn extremely languid. Not because of physical fatigue, but because of psychological fatigue. Moreover, every time he counts, the more cities he has visited, and the more blood samples he has taken, then it means that he is getting closer to the completion of that cursed mission.

This moment, he can't bear it anymore. His head suffers from excruciating pain, so intense that he has to support his painful head with his hands.

"It seems that you are too tired."

Stairmount looks up. Mintsand Marine is standing in front of him.

"You work too hard," Marine continues. "Plus, you are the most tired among the entire workers. Indeed, the media also give their spotlight mostly on you. It must be. Young Hero of the Century, you are." Marine praises with a smile.

"Th... thanks..." Stairmount replies weakly. He takes a thermos containing hot tea, then drinks it. The pain he suffers reduces a bit. "Maybe I just catch a cold because of the temperature shift... I can handle it..."

"As healthcare workers, we are the ones who are most vulnerable to getting sick. The protection we use must be much stricter than that of ordinary people."

"Yes, I know."

"And don't work too hard. It will weaken your immunity."

"It has been my duty."

"You may take a little rest, I guess. You even work harder than the rest of your team, so they'll understand if you take a break for a while."

"I have to set an example for them. If the leader is sluggish, then the subordinates will exactly follow his step and they will be even more sluggish. And the work will surely be messed up."

"I like that working principle. But still, you need some rest. Well, then. You said, you've never traveled to Saturn before, right? There is no meeting tomorrow, so you can have some refreshing. I want to take you to have a trip."

"Ah?..." Stairmount seems astonished. "Trip? Where?"

Marine only answers with a mysterious smile.

***

Stairmount feels as if he has been spellbound when he arrives at that vast, widespread area. The expanse of clear blue sky stretches majestically above him, over it is laid a path leading to that huge, red gold gate, as if it feels that heaven and earth are one thing. This horizon, is very hard to find in Year 2,100, especially in the megapolis, but it can evidently be found in this area. The merging between heaven and earth is so grand, so magnificent. And that huge, red gold gate, will lead him to explore more deeply into the splendor of nature, soon after this.

"This..." Stairmount is in awe. "I don't think I've ever seen this cultural heritage..."

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe

Marine explains, "Well. It is indeed not a well-known tourist spot like Moon & Sun Horizon or Crystal City. However, being unpopular doesn't mean it then turns meaningless. Welcome to the Sagacious Pyramid XV Complex, which is a pyramid complex for all kings of the Sagacious Kingdom."

*) On this Planet, Saturn is famous of the mystical energy. On their history, most things the Saturnians created must be full of mystical and magical energies. The most popular historical site is Moon & Sun Horizon, there the Saturnians have combined the meeting of Moon and Sun and it can be seen 24 hours a day - such mystical site can't be found in other countries. The second most popular site is Crystal City. It is actually the palace for Kings and Queens, yet they built it by using crystals as materials, and they were not just a common crystal. The crystals have magical energies. The crystal energy is believed to make The Kingdom become powerful at their ear. At present, the tourists are eager to visit Crystal Palace because they yearn for getting that powerful crystal energy.

"Sagacious Pyramid XV Complex?..." Actually Stairmount is about to say that he never knows such a cultural heritage exists in Diadem, but he decides not to speak it out, anyway. But indeed, his knowledge of geography is very inadequate. Let alone Saturn, he even doesn't know much about the cultural heritages in Jupiter. Because all this time he has been too focused on pursuing his dream, even if he ever visited some tourist attractions, wherever on the field trips or some tours with his family or close friends, it would be the tours that wouldn't make him remember the real meaning of the tourist's attractions.

"Come on, let's enter inwards." Marine leads the way, guiding him through the huge gate before them.

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe

0