Chapter 116
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stairmount gasps. It is out of his expectation, this is what Marine would tell him. Not knowing the best way to reply to that man, finally he decides to remain quiet. However, he doesn't make any refuse, different from the previous time, that if someone said something like that to him, he would automatically refuse, plus corrected that he was Jupiterian, not Saturnian.

This time, a different thing happens. He just remains silent.

"Alright. We're on the next pyramid." Once again, Marine takes Stairmount into the flying car. A sign that the pyramid they are going to is located quite far from the Sagacious Long Pyramid.

"Here it is. Sagacious Lucid Pyramid of the Sagacious Pyramid XV." As they arrive, Marine introduces the pyramid. "The Prosperity King who is buried here doesn't get a massive response from Saturnian people or the foreign society, but that doesn't reduce the value of achievements he got. After the era of Eternity King, Saturn had ever entered a reserved and closed state policy, but when Prosperity King came into power, he revived the economy by opening Saturn's relations with other nations. Even from here, the relations with Nature Continent which were once disconnected, were re-established again. Some said, this King is more liberal and open-minded than the other Kings of the Sagacious Kingdom. Well, so it's not like the international opinion that Saturn is only consisting of old-fashioned megalomaniacs. Maybe the way of thinking Prosperity King possessed just like the Jupiterians."

In response, Stairmount only curves a half smile.

The pyramid complex they are visiting at this time is even more deserted than Sagacious Long Pyramid. If in Sagacious Long Pyramid they could run into one or two tourists, here they don't meet even a single person. This deserted situation even makes his hair stand on end for a while, because the sensation he is experiencing is even stronger than before.

"Near to the Sagacious Lucid Pyramid, there's a sacred shrine where the Kings of the Sagacious Kingdom worship. Well, you know, praying to the Gods or Deities... as the Saturnian believe in Mystical Universe Energy... but the point is, this is a sacred pyramid. Annual ritual prayers are often carried out here. I don't know whether you believe in spiritualities or not, but, The power in this Pyramid should not be underestimated. This pyramid, possesses an extraordinary Power. Mention your wishes, then They will help make it happen... especially for their descendant." Marine emphasizes the last sentence.

"Really?" Stairmount asks; he appears to get interested.

Marine can capture the changing aura emitting from Stairmount, and it leads to the positivity he is hoping for. He nods firmly, "Yes. You can try."

"Then..." Then, if it is true, that I am really a descendant of these Sagacious Kings, and They are willing to grant my wish... then, I have only one wish. Please, thwart The Sierra-NX635 Pathogen Project, don't force me to spread it here and thus kill innocent people... and all leads to a good ending at last. I don't want to see anyone hurt and suffer because of me, really...

Ah... if it is true that I am the descendant of these great Kings... then I have disgraced them. Actually, I mustn't even come here. Because it actually makes them turn wrath as my nasty existence has created a mess here.

The wind suddenly blows hard. The trees wave here and there. And once again, Stairmount feels a strange sensation welling up inside his chest. Unconsciously, he reaches out his hand, to touch the center of his chest where the sensation radiates from.

Marine smiles broadly as he watches what Stairmount is doing.

"Okay, let's go to the last pyramid." After Stairmount looks quite 'refreshed' in Sagacious Lucid Pyramid, Marine then takes him to the pyramid he said as the last pyramid they'll visit. "Sagacious Keen Pyramid Complex."

Sagacious Keen Pyramid has a different format compared to other pyramids. It has stairs which lead them to a crypt. "Because only in Sagacious Keen Pyramid, an archaeological excavation was carried out. Actually, the Saturnians were reluctant to excavate the pyramids of their own ancestors. However, at that time logical science emerged and forced spirituality and magical things to move behind. Those who got mad on exploring science were more in number than those who still maintained Saturnian old cultures. Even the Prime Minister then gave permission to do so. As for the performed pyramid, then the most underappreciated King in the history of the Sagacious Kingdom was finally chosen, and that is the King who owned this Sagacious Keen Pyramid. The King is infamous for bringing chaos and misery to his people during his reign, and indirectly caused the Sagacious Kingdom to fall."

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe 

Unlike the previous pyramids, this pyramid is more crowded, they meet with many tourists as they step down the stairs. The atmosphere of solemnity is much reduced compared to the previous pyramids Stairmount has visited.

If I am caught doing such a shameful act which will eventually bring misery to this country, I wonder what will happen to my corpse and grave when I die? Maybe it will be excavated since they'll turn wrath with me? Or maybe even worse, being crushed cruelly by those who hold a grudge against me?

Some of the tourists are staring closely at him, to the extent that it makes him quite uncomfortable. One of them asks in a loud voice, "Hey, you are Mr. Stairmount Rivers, right?"

Now all tourists turn their gazes to Stairmount. He immediately becomes the center of attention there.

"Wow, such a great surprise for us to meet with Mr. Stairmount Rivers here!" A middle-aged man greets cheerfully. "Nice to meet you, Mr. Rivers!"

Curving a slight smile, Stairmount shakes the middle-aged man's hand back.

"You also like history?" Another man also utters.

"Well... that's right..." Stairmount answers in a soft voice. Meanwhile, Marine complains in his mind. It is the real reason why he doesn't choose popular sites like Crystal City or Moon & Sun Horizon. Stairmount, which in fact needs tranquil atmosphere so much, may instead feel tired again if he still has to maintain his image as a public figure even in a tourist attraction. But, he is powerless to hinder this phenomenon, after all. Now the tourists who are just arriving also soon approach Stairmount, asking him about this and that, and even seeking some health advice from him. It takes about fifteen minutes for Stairmount to answer them all. And actually, the 'healthcare session' can just be ended because Marine takes the initiative to disband them, "We are really sorry, Ladies and Gentlemen. If you want to interact with Mr. Rivers and ask him questions about healthcare and medical science, please do it during the official events implemented by the government. Now Mr. Rivers is in a refreshing session with a historical tour. Thank you for your understanding."

"Ah, we do apologize! Because we're just worried that we can't ask him for his treasurable advice, we are worried that he only has a very little time in Saturn, and has to return to Jupiter soon!"

"We are really sorry! Mr. Rivers, please continue your historical tour in Sagacious Keen Pyramid!"

The hordes of tourists soon go away, while Marine gives a sign for Stairmount to continue his trip. To be back to his original purpose - having a refreshed-but-meaningful trip in Sagacious Keen Pyramid.

Copyright ©️ by boundless_universe 

0