Chapter 118
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They now arrive at the palace's backyard, which turns out to be a very large garden.

"This is the Palace of Chimera Botanical Garden." Marine provides the information. "This is the uniqueness which differs the Palace of Chimera palace with other palaces. If other palaces are spacious but lacking the touch of nature, then the Palace of Chimera is filled with greenish plants."

They enter into the garden. Stairmount asks, "The Kings of Wisdom Kingdom also like plants?"

"In this case, the initiator's idea was not from the Kings of the Wisdom Kingdom. But from a king of the Sagacious Kingdom. He was very fond of botany, herbology, and medical science, in order to do research in those sectors, he thus created this botanical garden by collecting various kinds of plants for himself, therefore, this garden contains many useful horticultural plants and herbs. The history traced from this garden will take us to very long and ancient trails, to the point that many scholars even believe it to be the oldest botanical garden on the entire Planet. This king had also created several medical books, one of which even gets well-known internationally. Praise for him came from all over the Planet; Callisto, Neptune, some countries of Nature Continent, and even Jupiter."

"Really?!"

"That's right. It was the Jupiterian scientist himself who said that it was the oldest book to record the use of wild plants to help needy people. Well, then." Marine stops walking, then stares at him sharply. "What makes it really honored is; the true motives of the king why he created the books - he wanted to help the people affected by famine. At that time no books concerning that issue, but this issue is urgent to be solved as soon as possible. So, he should get involved in that issue by himself. He tasted the plant materials which could be poisonous and take his life personally. Even though he was a king, but he was willing to take the risk, because his greatest hope is to save the lives of many people." He taps Stairmount on the shoulder. "Hey, looks like he is the same as you. The one who dared to inject Ramscal Pathogen to help the infected patients." He smiles widely.

"Ah..." Stairmount feels his cheeks flush bashfully. It is just that, he feels so ashamed of being compared with the king. If the Great King dedicated himself sincerely to helping the people, then about him, it is more or less because of the pressure from Mr. Landlord who forced him to keep staying here. If Mr. Landlord had allowed him to return to Jupiter, then he would haven't cared about that damn Ramscal Pathogen, go to Hell with all of that.

What makes him still persistent on this path, is not because of what many people are assuming on the surface. All, are simply because of the ambitions for wealth and power - and the wish to keep surviving in this cruel life.

Copyright © by boundless_universe

However, Stairmount feels that he experiences that peculiar sensation which has ever existed previously as Marine tells about that part. "The king... is also from the Sagacious Kingdom?"

"That's right," Marine responds. Suddenly, he snaps his hands. "Aha! That's right! It indeed emphasizes the connection between you and the royal family of the Sagacious Kingdom. Could it be that you didn't get the idea of ​​researching Ramscal Pathogen all by yourself? But, because of the intuition your ancestors told you?..."

Realizing that he has asked the wrong question, Stairmount quickly moves to another topic, "Can you give me the book created by the king? I am interested in reading it."

"Oh, you can browse it on the internet." Marine takes out his laser pen, clicks the button, and the laser pen projects the transparent luminous screen containing the book as the result of browsing the internet.

Stairmount gazes at the screen. "Wow, the ancient Saturnian language... it's too difficult for me... Is there any Jupiterian language version of this book?"

"I regret to tell you, no one has translated it to Jupiterian language. Well then, I'll help translate it for you later, okay?"

"Oh wow, it's so wonderful if you can do that!" Stairmount exclaims cheerfully. "And I'll make sure that your translation won't become unprofitable. I'll help publish it in Jupiter. Who knows, it will get famous there, as well as in Nature Continents!"

Marines gets startled. As far as he remembers, Stairmount has never shown such that cheerful and happy face. Instead, Stairmount usually appears quiet, cold, and even at some point, melancholy and standoffish. Stairmount is so cold and standoffish towards him and the other members of the Saturn Delegation Team that even Ms. Liquor labels him as The 'Handsome-but-Ice-Cold Monster'. In fact, when he makes up his mind to approach Stairmount by using positive persuasion for the first time, he doubts whether this form of approach would work or instead fail, thus making things worse than before.

But I think, even the monsters have a good side. The cold ice, will be melted in the end.

Marine turns his gaze back at Stairmount, who now turns his eyes to pay attention to every kind of plant in the garden. He will stop in front of a tree or the bushes once in a while, observes it thoroughly, takes his ultra-cyber minipad and takes a photo of it, then searches for the data of the plants. Marine is about to approach him and give an explanation when he realizes the look in Stairmount's eyes - it shows that he really enjoys what he is doing right at this moment. Once or twice, the young man is holding the leaves, observing the texture of the stems and twigs, and taking a thorough look at the flowers. And after that, he gets busy with his research activities.

Curving a slight smile, Marine decides to remain silent. Giving the opportunity for Stairmount to be more immersed in enjoying his exploration of nature.

It is when Stairmount examines the third plant that he just notices that Marine acts differently from usual, by not giving him his typical thorough explanation. Stairmount gets stunned. Marine hasn't been by his side anymore. Even more, he is nowhere to be seen.

Copyright © by boundless_universe

0