Chapter 124
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the other hand, Stairmount is seemingly struck by lightning as he hears Daphne's sentences. Warren Yalle? The doctor who led the opposition towards the creation of Sierra pathogen? How can he not know him? The doctor who, although from the outside appeared quiet and very reserved, but when he expressed his opinion, he transformed into a very fiery person. Moreover, when he launched that protest, he was like a fierce and savage general who was trying to defeat his enemy.

Yes, he still remembers the incident clearly. Everything is still etched in his memory, as if it just happened yesterday.

"We want an explanation! What actually are we all doing here?!?"

The normally silent laboratory room was now filled with this tumultuous protest action. The protesters consisted of a dozen male and female physician-scientists - most of them were ethnic Neptunians, but Stairmount wasn't informed about this part. All he knew was, these physician-scientists looked so fierce, and they were totally overcome by anger and prosecution.

The other scientists quickly moved to the edge of the wall in fear. But the protesters didn't care. What they wanted was to ask for an explanation from Stairmount, as the chief of their team.

With arms crossed, Stairmount stared at them all, said calmly, "You have been informed of that, haven't you? That we are researching infectious pathogens to heal the sick?"

"Don't you think we are stupid! When we research pathogens, what we research is the method to cure them. Whereas this research actually ends up in participants being left injured, or even dead!" Dr. Warren, Daphne's father, growled loudly. "Just tell the truth. Actually, this research leads to the creation of a new pathogen, right?!"

All of the protesting physician-scientists shouted furiously. In response to their protest, Stairmount said coldly, "Say no more. Get back to work."

"If you can't give us any proper explanation, we will not only stop working; we will even report this to Neptune!"

Dr. Warren's howl spontaneously made Stairmount's body stiffen. "What... you dare to do that?!"

"Yes, we will report it! We will report, that Jupiter is creating a new pathogen intended as a biological weapon of mass destruction to exterminate the human population!..."

Stairmount could feel his body tremble with fear. How can they report it to Neptune?! Not only it will burden this project, moreover, it will also entrap all of them to international courts. And they will be punished as big-time criminals!...

"You dare to do it... and you will suffer the consequences," Stairmount threatened.

"Huh! No matter how awful your threat toward us, we are not afraid! Because you can't contain the power of truth! And, we will win!" After shouting so, Dr. Warren and his colleagues turned around.

Stairmount couldn't stand for it anymore. Slowly, he said, "Put them all in the Prison of Pathogen."

The scientists were soon taken aback as they heard Stairmount's order. All of them knew, the Prison of Pathogen was different from an ordinary prison. The walls inside were made of jars containing hundreds - or even thousands - of dangerous pathogens. The prison was aimed to frighten any disobedient and defiant scientist - they somehow knew that this incident could explode at some point in time.

However, the scientists who were previously crawling in fear against the wall, soon got alert. Because they were afraid that the protesters really reported them to Neptune.

"Hey! What are you doing?!" This time, a female doctor - one of Dr. Warren's colleagues - protested. "You want to kill us?!"

"If you refuse to work obediently," Stairmount replied sharply.

"Let go of us!" The physician-scientists started to scream in terror, trying to dodge the captures of the scientists. Stairmount continued, "Say that all of you will work obediently, and won't tell about this matter to anyone, then I will withdraw my order!"

Dr. Warren threw Stairmount a fierce look. "And make us your vassal dogs in harming mankind?!" He shouted to all of his colleagues. "Comrades! Don't be afraid of this bluff! What we are doing is for the sake of truth and justice! Don't be afraid! Because, the truth will always win!"

So, still maintaining their steadfastness against that research, Dr. Warren and the other protesters were dragged into the "Prison of Pathogen".

Copyright © by boundless_universe

But actually, all Stairmount wanted to do was no more than threaten. Although the prison walls were made of jars filled with pathogens, the prison itself was empty and free of any pathogens. And, the jars containing the pathogens were also made of very thick glasses, designed in such a way that no matter how small the form of the pathogen, it won't be able to break out of the wall of those special jars. The Prison of Pathogen was actually a prison that gave psychological fear to its prisoners. It could torture its prisoner with psychological effects, but it wouldn't physically injure them in the slightest, let alone kill them. Stairmount hoped, those protesters would be afflicted with extreme fear, they would no longer stand for it, and in the end, would be willing to work obediently. And after they apologized and promised to work obediently, of course, he would release them.

Therefore, he was very surprised as he got the report stating that all of the physician-scientists died in terrible conditions due to being infected with pathogens from the prison walls. He even entered the prison personally just to ensure that the prison jars were completely undamaged, and that was impossible for the pathogen to penetrate and kill them all tragically.

"But Sir, we will never know, right? These pathogens are very small, not to mention that many of them are new creations and their characters were even alien to us. Perhaps the pathogens could penetrate the jars and then destroy those poor doctors' bodies," A lab assistant commented.

But Stairmount didn't believe in his men's analysis. He then reported this case to the Chrono central office.

"So. I am sure that the pathogens won't be able to penetrate the jars. There is something wrong with this case. Would you please send an investigation team to come here?"

A voice from behind the ultra-cyber minipad answered, "Those physician-scientists are planning to report you to Neptune, right?"

"Eh... yes..." How do they know it?

"Actually no need for you to bother yourself in investigating this case. Instead, you should be grateful since they're all dead. Who can guarantee that even if they apologize and return to their previous work, they thus won't report it surreptitiously."

"B...but, Sir!..."

"Don't pay attention to them, Mr. Rivers. Pay more attention to yourself."

Something wrong was going on here! But... since the voice of the Chief implied that it was strictly undeniable, Stairmount had no choice but not to prolong this matter. Let this all be managed by the local government according to their procedures. While hoping that what the Chief said came true - this incident would instead ensure the safety of their lives.

And the Chief's words really came into reality, no one dared to prolong this case. He didn't get the picture of what the local bureaucracy actually was doing, but the families of the deceased didn't complain about the sudden death of their family member, they didn't even ask a word for that. And the incident then passed safely and peacefully.

Until now.

Copyright © by boundless_universe

0