Chapter 125
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yes, that's right... Dr. Warren Yalle, his surname is the same as Daphne's! Why do I just remember it right now? That the doctor is evidently... Daphne's father!...

"Stairmount?" Daphne asks again. "Can you give an explanation about this?"

Daphne's voice at this moment, sounds exactly the same as that moment, when her father demanded an explanation regarding Sierra Pathogen.

That father and daughter. Both of them do the same thing to him. Demanding his explanation.

Stairmount inhales a deep breath. A very long, and very deep breath.

"Well, Daphne. You're right. Soon, we'll get married. And because of that, you need to know everything about me. Just like I need to know everything about you."

Daphne swallows her saliva. Something inside Stairmount's voice makes the hairs on her neck stand on end.

"So, let me ask you about this matter; After I explain everything about that incident, will you still believe in me?"

Daphne swallows her saliva again. She is silent.

"You have the right not to believe it, Daphne. It's okay. And you also have the right to hate me. Or curse me. Or whatever. I am ready for that. I am ready to suffer the worst consequences, Daphne. Yes. I am ready to lose you."

Suddenly Daphne feels her chest stiffen. "Stairmount... how... can you talk like that?!?..."

"Because I have no right to force you. Everyone has their own life choices. It doesn't matter. And it is better for all of us to know the truth about our partner before we get married, right? So we'll have no regrets in the future? Because, I don't want to make you unhappy by being tied to me, Daphne."

Daphne feels her tongue go numb as she replied, "Alright... Stairmount... please, explain about it..."

Copyright © by boundless_universe

After that, Stairmount tells everything which has happened during the incident, without exaggerating or reducing even a single word. Because he wants to be honest with Daphne. Just like his commitment, to be open, and truly honest, to his potential life partner.

"That's how it happened, Daphne," Stairmount ends his story. "No witnesses. No evidence. What every one sees is, it is me who issued the order, which means that it is me who committed the murder, and not another party." He turns silent. "It seems that you have been informed about this case, I don't know how you find it, maybe from your friends at Enigma. But I want to make it clear; I really have no intention to kill them, really. To be honest, I am suspicious that they were killed by someone else."

Stairmount falls silent. So does Daphne, who is so eager to wait for the continuation of his story.

"I have told you about everything. Actually, I really hope you believe me. However, the witnesses and evidence for this case are inadequate. So, even if you don't believe me, I won't blame you. Don't worry, Daphne. Feel free to make your own choice. Even though I really want you to believe in me, but still, you have to follow your own inner voice."

No reply. Daphne still remains quiet.

"Daphne?" Stairmount calls her.

"Stairmount... I..."

"Well? So?"

"I... don't..."

"Ah, it's okay. It's okay!" Stairmount immediately makes assumption that Daphne doesn't believe in him. "Have no hesitation, Daphne. Didn't I tell you, you are free to make any kind of choice? It's okay, Daphne. What matters is that you're happy. Because all I want is only one thing, Daphne. I want you to be happy." Stairmount takes another deep breath. "Okay, it's late, Daphne. Get some sleep, or else you'll get sick. Good night."

Stairmount hangs up the call. He doesn't know that when Daphne does the same thing, her eyes are all wet, full of tears.

Copyright © by boundless_universe

0