Chapter 128
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This time, his conversation with Marine is so exceptional that it can make a deep impression inside his mind. Even when it is nighttime right now, when he is only by himself inside his room in the hotel, but still, he can't forget the conversation.

The conversation, which seems to pull him back into the complicated love problem he is facing with.

Contrasting with the calm and relaxed feature he showed to Daphne during the conversation yesterday, actually he senses a great deal of turmoil behind it. How come? He has been determined to marry the woman he is completely in love with, but that woman instead has a grudge and hatred for him because of assuming he as the murderer of her father. He must be grateful since he doesn't become mentally ill or even tries to commit suicide. However, this psychological torment may even be worse than the death itself. In the previous time, he often felt confused whenever he heard that someone could be mentally ill because of love, or committing suicide because of love. It didn't make sense to him, after all, his 'big' problem was merely breaking up with his girlfriend. Just look for the substitute, and everything will be back to normal again. So why did the man think that his life won't keep going, then? He even labeled the person as a fool, the fool whose EQ level was so low, that's why he could be easily manipulated by his emotions.

But now, when he is experiencing it by himself, his opinion then turns different.

"Daphne... you are really an amazing woman. Nobody can ever harass my mind, except you. You make me feel happy, as well as make me feel miserable at the same time. Actually... everything I said yesterday, was all a lie. How eager I am, that you would believe in me. How eager I am, to beg you to keep staying by my side. Actually, I am a selfish person. I really want you to stay with me, Daphne. Stay with me, forever."

Stairmount takes his ultra-cyber minipad. The minipad keeps silent, and makes no sound. No incoming messages or calls at all.

Looks like he has made a big mistake yesterday. He shouldn't have said so frankly and so bluntly. It can't be helped, he's totally clumsy in capturing the heart of a woman. What he did towards Daphne yesterday, was like what he usually does at work - too strict, and harsh. Yet in fact, it is said that woman is a romantic creature. To make them comfortable, then they should be seduced, enticed, and pacified. Now he even becomes harsh towards Daphne, he can't imagine what will happen next. It is so possible that, Daphne who has been antipathy to him from the start, will turn much more antipathy toward him and, finally leaves him.

Leaves him forever.

But, can he turn back time? Can he fix the stupid mistake he made yesterday?

Can he?

***

Daphne has been settled with her decision. Whatever happens, she doesn't want to have any rendezvous with George again. That's all. Even if her relationship with Stairmount will come to an end, but still, she doesn't want to have a relationship with George to replace Stairmount.

In fact, she doesn't want to have relationship with anyone else.

Copyright © by boundless_universe

She has got acquainted with George all along, and recently, has started a closer relationship with him. But eventually, she can't accept George as the substitute for Stairmount. Stairmount's figure has taken control of her whole mind, her whole soul so powerfully. Nobody can replace him.

Even though, that young man did have a hand in his father's death?

The stars are twinkling and sparkling above the sky, illuminating the entire surface of this Planet. Their dim but beautiful lights reflect on Daphne's hair. Daphne looks heavenward, staring straight at the horizon. To be precise, far across the vast ocean to the northwest area.

Towards the area where Stairmount dwells right now.

She has to be honest with herself. That, even though Stairmount has been cruel to his father, and has wronged her fellowmen of the same ethnicity, however, her deepest heart will always love that young man, forever.

"I am sorry... Dad... I am sorry... all of the Neptunian physician-scientists... all my fellowmen... I am really sorry..." Daphne whispers hoarsely, tears running down her cheeks. "I can't deny this feeling. Stairmount is the man I love the most in my life, no matter what happens, despite everything."

Yes, I have been settled.

I have been determined with that decision.

Daphne takes her ultra-cyber minipad, and starts dialing Stairmount's number.

Copyright © by boundless_universe

0