Chapter 132
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

But, before Field clicks the button, Oliver has twisted Field's wrist in a few seconds. Screaming in pain, Field drops his electron gun to the floor. Next, Oliver pins Field, then slams him so that he tumbles to the floor. After that, Oliver beats Field again and again without mercy.

"This is to avenge the ethnic Neptunians in Sapphire you've slaughtered," Oliver says coldly while looking at Field who is now curled up in pain with his nose and lips excreting blood. He draws his electron gun, clicks the button, and the gun soon emits a green-yellowish laser that directly hits Field's right rib, at the same time Field screams aloud. "And this is for the victims of racism around the Planet who have lost their lives because of you."

Then, Oliver points his electron gun at the other Chrono members.

It seems as if the war drum has been beaten for the members of Chrono to start the combat. They all soon take out their own electron guns, and even click the 'Fire' button.

But apparently, Enigma members are faster than them. When Payneth clicks the button, she manages to incapacitate two Chrono female members at once just before they clicked the button. So does George;  he dodges the shot of a male member, then fires his gun into his opponent's stomach who immediately falls to the ground. Likewise with the other Enigma members, who can swiftly beat their opponents.

"You've lost!" Oliver shouts loudly; yet indeed most of the Chrono members have collapsed to the floor. "Just cooperate with us and we will spare your lives!"

A member - hands trembling severely - reaches for his ultra-cyber minipad and is ready to press the button, when George takes a step forward and kicks the minipad. He then grabs the man by the collar, forcing him to stand up. "Tell me, where is Matthew Scotts?"

Finding the man keeps his mouth shut as if he refuses to speak up, George raises the gun to his forehead.

"I'm not kidding." George's finger is halfway through clicking the button. "Tell me, or you'll die."

Weakened by fear, the man squeaks. "Go... upstairs... the room by the window..."

George has got the info he wants; He beats the man until the man passes out.

All personnel of Enigma immediately trot up to the second floor.

Copyright © by boundless_universe 

The room by the window the male member pointed is a minimalist white bedroom that only consists of a bed, a desk, a chair, a wardrobe, and the most striking thing inside is an immense white window, with its size almost filling the entire wall. The transparent curtains attached to it are waving, blown by the strong wind. All members of Enigma now turn their gaze to an elderly man sitting on a bed. A man with completely white hair and beard, appears like one who has no passion for life.

But when the Enigma personnel come, the man soon widens his cadmium-yellow eyes; he looks scared.

"Finally... you're going to kill me?..." He whispers.

"Are you Matthew Scotts?" Oliver asks.

The man blinks. "No..." He whispers one more time. "You are not them... but... why do both of you have the same aura..."

Oliver steps forward. He takes out his ultra-cyber minipad, and blinks his right eye at the PictureApps which then shows the screen containing a photo of the elderly man. "Yes. You are Matthew Scotts."

Scotts furrows his brows. "Who are you?"

"Inside your body, there's a data chip containing the Key of Stairmount Rivers, right?" Oliver asks straight to the point.

"You're not them... otherwise... you won't have asked that..." Scotts crawls away. "Who are you?!"

Oliver shakes his head, appearing wistful. "We apologize... Mr. Scotts..."

"You want to kill me?! Who are you?!"

Oliver has his index finger approach the 'Fire' button of his electron gun

"If you kill me, Rivers' parents will die!"

Scotts screams hysterically. He turns insane. Different from the information told by that he is ready to die, he instead seems very scared of death.

"You are after the data chip of Rivers?! Then let me tell you something - it will end in vain. Once you kill me, Rivers' parents will immediately die!"

"Liar!" Payneth shouts. "You're just trying to cover up the real data. It's useless. Because we know everything!"

"Hihihihihi..." Scotts giggles, his giggle sounds high-pitched and horrible. "I think, I know who you are. The enemy of Chrono that they hate so much. So interesting, looks like I have been baited by Chrono to get slaughtered by their mortal enemy..." But when Scotts stares at them, the horrible tone inside his voice soon disappears completely, replaced by a wistful voice full of depression. "If you are Chrono's enemy... then, you are supposed to free me..."

"No wonder Chrono uses this guy as a caretaker. Apparently, we are dealing with a madman." Oliver points his electron gun straight at Scotts' forehead.

Scotts screams, "No!!! Please, don't kill me! Trust me!!!"

Oliver clicks the 'Fire' button.

Daphne closes her eyes. Unable to see the forthcoming death.

Copyright © by boundless_universe 

0