Scary Monsters (and super creeps) Part 2
454 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This'll be a 3 part chapter, (more or less) I don't want to go too far with the flash backs, but I do want to cover a little bit of part 3 and explain what the journey meant to Kakyoin himself.  From that I want to properly explain what he's doing here, in the present, from his perspective.  So please bear with me as we take a short trip to the past before we come back to the present C:

 

Kakyoin Pov

 

Perhaps this analysis might sound biased coming from someone like me, given my personal history with him. But I doubt anyone else who encountered him and lived, can tell a different tale. 

 

Looking back, before my world was flipped upside down, before fighting and killing became the norm for me, I was just a simple tourist visiting a foreign country. 

 

A normal kid, with a normal family, a future, and people who cared for me. Well, maybe 'normal' wouldn't have been quite the right adjective to describe me. 

 

I had my eccentricities. I had my secrets. Chief among them, was the fact that I had a power that no one, not even my family knew about. 

 

I had a stand. A spiritual power that only those who were particularly attuned to the supernatural could even perceive. It was fast, strong, and could kill a normal person in an instant, if I wanted it to, It wouldn't even leave any evidence behind. Not that I would ever need to use it like that, under normal circumstances. 

 

If I kept it hidden, if it stayed within me, and laid dormant, no one, not even another stand user could know of it. 

 

It was a power that I thought no one else would ever find out about, something I thought no one else could ever know about. 

 

But I was wrong. 

 

Somehow, that monster knew about it, and because he knew about it, I… I nearly lost everything.

 

In Dio's eyes, his goals, motivations, and overwhelming power, were all the justification he needed to take whatever he wanted. 

 

He had a plan, one that required people like me. 

 

'Special' people. 

 

Powerful people. 

 

Stand Users. 

 

He had a use for us, and as the future monarch of the world, he would make use of us, with or without our consent…

 

That was why… I had no choice, but to become one of his subordinates.

 

I was young, weak, ignorant, and inexperienced. I didn't even know that there were others like me in this world. 

 

Refusing him was something I simply couldn't do. I couldn't even imagine it. What I felt in his presence couldn't even be described with a simple adjective like fear, terror, or cowardice.

 

Even with my powerful stand by my side, I felt incredibly vulnerable in his presence. There was this terrible feeling deep within the very core of my being, a horrible all encompassing anxiety that prevented me from even thinking of resisting or even running away. The word panic wouldn't even begin to describe it.

 

In the face of his overwhelming presence, negotiation was useless, resistance was useless, sadness was useless, anger was useless, regret was useless, Useless, Useless, USELESS! 

 

Anything other than total submission was death. 

 

So like the coward I was, I meekly knelt before him, as he forcefully injected something into my skull.

 

At the time I didn't know what it was that he used on me, but later on I would learn of the 'Flesh Bud', a living creature created from a vampire's cells. Once it's inserted into the skull of a human, the vampire will be able to subtly influence that person's mind, and in addition, if that human were to become a liability, the vampire could kill them with a thought.

 

***

 

I became a victim of a monster that had already destroyed countless lives. On top of that, as long as the flesh bud remained in my skull, I would become a party to his continued destruction of many more people in the future.

 

From the moment that thing was implanted into my skull, my mind was taken in and corrupted by its influence. My thoughts, emotions, and even my memories were manipulated so thoroughly that I wouldn't even recognize my family if Dio had ordered it.

 

But that wasn't even the worst part.

 

It wasn't just that he forcefully put me under his control, the worst part was that he made it pleasurable. Under the effect of the implant, living in service of Dio, was an experience akin to being constantly drugged over and over again without a break.

 

Receiving his praise would grant me the greatest of highs, I might even reach the stars! But on the other hand, the very thought of disappointing him would make my heartbeat spike and my body tremble in fear…

 

'I have a power, and my master has a use for it.' That was all I thought, it was all I could think! I was nothing without my lord, and nothing existed outside of him. He took the number one priority in my heart. 

 

It was a level of devotion so thorough, that the very thought of dying in the service of my master actually excited me.

 

I became a different person, someone drunk on power and cruel beyond reason. I was happy to hurt people if it was what he wanted. Happy to kill, maim, steal, and destroy innocent people's lives if it was under Dio's orders…

 

***

 

Even years after being freed from its control, I still carry the weight of the horrible things the implant made me do, and the fear of what I could have done if it hadn't been removed so quickly. 

 

Jotaro Kujo, Joseph Joestar, and Muhammad Abdol, were my saviors during a time that I can only look back on in horror, and shame. I will forever be grateful to them for freeing me from Dio's control. 

 

However, our initial meeting was not a pleasant one. In fact, it was an encounter orchestrated by Dio himself.

 

***

 

It all started when I received a direct summons from my lord himself. It hadn't been long since I'd been inducted into the organization, so I was eager to prove myself. However, I hadn't seen him since I joined. 

 

For the most part, the stand users in the organization were managed by Dio's right hand woman, Enya The Hag. It was rare for Dio himself to give us orders, so I was both nervous, and excited to meet him.

 

With trepidation, I headed straight for his quarters…

 

The atmosphere in his private chamber appeared to be cold, and gloomy at first, but if one took the time to actually look around, they'd find the interior to be well decorated and luxurious. It was a room fit for a king, only covered in a blanket of darkness. 

 

Dio was seated on a throne, lined with red velvet. 

 

I knelt before him. 

 

"Dio-Sama what are your orders?" 

 

Dio looked down at me and with a benevolent, almost fatherly smile, gave me his commands.  "I need you to kill someone for me…"

 

Dio ordered me to assassinate the Joestar family. Not just one person, but the entire bloodline. 

 

As his loyal servant, I of course, easily agreed to this order without question. This was the chance I'd been looking for. The chance to rise up above the riff-raff and take my place among Dio's elite.

 

In order to carry out my mission, I was given a decent amount of funding, and told to use any means necessary. I took a plane back to Japan, booked a hotel, and made my preparations…

 

Because of a certain peculiarity about the stand users under Dio's control, I had to work alone. But rather than feeling distressed or nervous, I felt overjoyed that my lord had so much confidence in me. If Dio believed that I could do this alone, then it was a certainty in my eyes. 

 

Still, I knew that neither pride nor arrogance would lead me to victory, I needed to carefully plan things out. I decided that my main objective should be to isolate and kill every member of the Joestar clan individually as much as possible.

 

Even though my mind had been corrupted by the Flesh Bud, and my ego had been heightened, I knew that I couldn't possibly beat all of them together as a group. So I made sure I wouldn't have to.

 

First, I would start with the youngest, Jotaro Kujo (17 at the time). Then I would target his mother, Holly Joestar(45). Finally, I would kill the old patriarch of the clan, Joseph Joestar(69), and end the bloodline for good.

 

Because a stand is a spiritual power, the age and physical condition of an opponent wasn't especially important. Mental strength, intelligence, and cunning were comparably much more important in a stand battle.

 

I figured that if I killed the youngest family member first, I could demoralize the older family members, and eliminate them with greater efficacy. After all, an emotional enemy is much easier to deal with, than one in full control of his mental faculties. 

 

But that wasn't the only reason. One of my targets was a wealthy foreign real estate mogul. I figured he might have had a security detail with him, making it a bit more difficult for me to approach. My other target was a housewife, this would have made her the easiest target to assassinate, but at the time she was living with her father, the aforementioned business mogul. So for the same reason, I couldn't easily approach her either.

 

In comparison, his grandson Jotaro was a relatively normal kid freely attending a public highschool without a care in the world. Given that I was also a 17 year old at the time, It would have been much easier and natural for me to approach him.

 

So, in order to get close to Jotaro, I forged some documents and transferred to his highschool. 

 

Under the guise of a fellow highschool student, I secretly followed him around at a distance, as he went about his daily life for a few days, and meticulously studied his movements. His schedule, his daily routine, and even his daily habits, I learned everything I could, and when I was finally certain of my success, I launched my attack on him.

 

First I isolated him from other possible witnesses, I mean students, by causing a small injury to his leg, and tripping him down a set of stairs. 

 

Of course, In order to prevent him from suspecting anything, I made it look like an accident, and even approached him to help.

 

Then, when he went to the school nurse's office for treatment, I manipulated the attending nurse, and forced her to stab Jotaro with a pen by using the power of my stand.

 

At first glance,「Hierophant Green」appears to be a humanoid stand with the ability to shoot out projectile gems, at bullet speeds. However this is only one part of its power. Its true strength lies in the network of membranes that line its surface. While these membranes might seem like mere decoration, in actuality the entire stand is made out of them, and it can fully unravel itself into hundreds of thin tentacle-like membranes that I can control at will. 

 

Using this ability, I can have it enter a human body and puppet it from within by physically connecting the stand's membranes to the victim's central nervous system. The only downside is that I need to do it from the inside of their body. 

 

I kept myself hidden and watched as Jotaro desperately wrestled with the nurse. 'Hahahaha!' I laughed as an unfortunate bystander caught a pen with his eye in the ensuing chaos.

 

At the time, I wasn't sure exactly what kind of ability Jotaro had, so I used the nurse as a disposable pawn to force him to summon his stand.

 

Finally, I saw him manifest the stand beside him, as he used it to forcefully eject my Hierophant Green from within the nurse. 

 

As he frantically looked around the room to find the source of it, I revealed myself before him, and began using my 「Hierophant Green」to attack him head on. Despite it being firmly within his stand's grip, I was able to escape his grasp by unraveling my stand and having it entangle his body. 

 

I attempted to use the tentacle-like membranes to try and pierce through his abdomen at high speeds, however I quickly learned that this would not be enough, as he was able to catch them with his stand's hands and free himself with its sheer strength.

 

I took a step back and began pelting him with more and more long distance attacks. Forcing him to stay in place and defend, or die.

 

It seemed that Jotaro's stand,「Star Platinum」, had the advantage in speed, precision, and strength, but unlike my 「Hierophant Green」, it was decidedly a close range power-type stand. Meaning It could not move outside of a range of about 2 meters from its user. I took full advantage of this limitation by having my stand pepper him with plenty of projectiles and tentacles, but he fought back by punching away my projectiles and moving backwards to avoid the grasp of my stand's membranes. 

 

At this point in the battle, It might have seemed like we were at a stalemate, but I still believed I had a massive advantage. 

 

I had him alone, cornered, physically injured, and with no means of escape. In addition, unlike me, who had been born with a stand, Jotaro had only just recently acquired his. Therefore, In terms of experience and skill, I was leagues ahead of him. 

 

While「Star Platinum」was indeed extremely fast and powerful enough to deflect my attacks, it could not protect him forever. So as long as I kept my distance, I could slowly wear him down, and bleed him dry.

 

But just because one is at an advantage, does not mean one should act carelessly. I learned that lesson the hard way.

 

***

 

For his part, Jotaro also knew he wouldn't win the fight if he couldn't reach me.

Rather than having his stand fully protect him at a distance, he decided it'd be better to put himself at risk in order to close the distance between us. So he lunged towards me.

Like a veteran soldier rushing forward in a desperate push under a hail of machine gun fire, he zigzagged on foot, hopped on tables, and ran on walls. He only focused on protecting his vital areas with his stand, and mitigated as much damage as he could only with his physical movements.

Because he had to divide his concentration
between his physical body and his stand, he couldn't use the full force of its power to protect himself. As a result, an imperfect shield was all that stood between my 「Emerald Splash」and his vulneral human body.

I took the chance to shoot at him as he approached, but it was harder to aim at a moving target, and many of my shots missed their mark. Still, I knew for a fact that he did take some hits along the way. However, he did not falter. Pushing forward past the pain and keeping his glaring eyes focused on me the whole way.

When he reached me, he used his stand to fight mine in a fierce battle of fists and kicks.

In desperation, I pulled everything back, and quickly manifested the stand's full humanoid form to protect myself.

This was the turning point.

My「Hierophant Green」both unraveled, and in its humanoid form, is incredibly fast and agile, but it couldn't match his「Star Platinum」in a direct confrontation. I blocked and deflected as many punches as I could, but eventually, I was overwhelmed by its speed and power.

Suddenly, I felt a powerfull impact hit just above my eye, and my world went black.

That was the end of the fight. I...had lost.

Not only did Jotaro succeed in overpowering me, but he even managed to save the life of my hostage. 

13