Chapter 9- A Hidden Task Completed By Chance
25 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a long cold and dark night, the sun bloomed on the horizon like a flower opening.

 

Its warmth and golden petals of sunlight softly caressed the land and ignited the birds into a chorus of melodies.

 

It was the invitation to a new day, to a new beginning.

 

“It seems like I had fallen asleep.” Cain who was laying on the floor within the underground den has already woken up minutes ago and taken in his first-morning breath of fresh air.

 

He was so exhausted both mentally and physically last night that he had fallen asleep soon after hearing the notification of the system.

 

There was nowhere in his body that didn’t hurt. He felt as though he was hit by a truck.

 

To escape from the clutch of his pursuers last night, he had exhausted both his physical strength and the monster qi within his monster core.

 

At this moment, Cain tried to move his previously tired body, and he was pleasantly surprised by the outcome.

 

Although his movements were a little sluggish, the mobility of his body did not seem to be stiff.

 

Instead, he felt refreshed and brand new. All of his tiredness and his muscles pain was gone.

 

“Phew!”

 

After a roll, Cain pushed himself up from the floor and stood on his four little legs.

 

He then stretched his four little legs, making sure that his senses weren't deceiving him.

 

“Yep, It seems like I am fully recovered.” He added with a surprised expression on his face.

 

Not only his body function had fully recovered, but the monster Qi within his monster core had fully replenished as well.

 

“Not bad, it seems like a good night's sleep was all I needed,” he said as he felt the brimming power within his body.

 

“Now that I take a good look at this small den, it isn't a bad hideout,” Cain added as he was scanning his surroundings.

 

Despite his small entrance and considering the fact it was within a tree trunk, the underground den was very spacious. It was big enough to fit a grown lion.

 

Rays of bright light spilled through the small hole, hence, it was very bright and warm compared to last night.

 

“I wonder what animal used to live there?”

 

The underground den looked quite neat and abandoned. Cain couldn't find any footprints on the ground except for his own.

 

Despite his keen and powerful sense of smell, he couldn't smell the lingering scent of any animal within the underground den either.

 

“No matter, from now you'll be one of my hideouts.” He declared as he made himself comfortable.

 

“Now let’s see what’s so great about you that made those bastards risk their lives to get their hands on you,” Cain said as he grabbed the spatial ring that lying on the floor with his tiny claws.

 

However, the moment he picked it up, the cold and mechanical voice of the system suddenly rang out within his mind.

 

[Ding! Would the host like to absorb the spatial power of the Spatial ring to increase the System Dimensional Storage’s space]

 

“Yes,” Cain hurriedly answered without hesitation with an excited expression on his face.

 

Though he had the spatial ring in his possession, he didn't have any idea how to use it or to open it.

 

Now that he heard the system’s suggestion, he didn't even think twice as he hurriedly agreed.

 

Though he wasn't a hundred percent sure, he had the feeling that the system would need to expel or take out anything that was within the spatial ring before it could absorb its spatial power.

 

Buzzz!

 

Sure enough, soon as his voice faded, the small spatial ring suddenly shone brightly as numerous items flew out of it and landed on the ground before the ring completely disappeared.

 

At the same time, Cain also felt the system dimensional storage space get a little bigger as he was somehow connected to it.

 

Unlike the spatial ring he had previously found, Cain was able to easily use and access the system dimensional storage as though he was his all along.

 

After he was rewarded the dimensional storage by the system for completing the last side quest, his brain was also filled with information on how to use it and access which was quite neat.

 

He only needed to touch an item to drag it within the system dimensional storage. As for taking it out, he only needed a single thought.

 

However, Cain didn't care about all that. His eyes were now glued on the items on the ground. These items emitted the entire color spectrum.

 

On the ground, there were disorganized piles of herbs and strange fruits that Cain has never seen before. They were all rich with spiritual energy.

 

Aside from that, there were various kinds of armor and weapons such as swords and daggers. Each one of these weapons had frightening auras or bone-chilling glints.

There were also dozen of monster cores. Their colors varied, from a soft bluish glow to a red one.

 

Hundred of bluish tiny crystals along with dozens of jade slips littered the ground as well.

 

Cain’s eyes were wide open while looking at the small mountains of unknown treasures in front of him.

 

Even though he had never seen or heard of many of those items before or even been able to assess their worth, he could tell that they were extremely valuables.

 

“I am rich!” He inwardly thought as he was salivating with greed. With so many monster scores, he could increase his strength by several levels.

 

If he was as powerful as the so-called Monster Lord, those bastards wouldn't have dared to chase after him.

 

It didn't matter whether it was on earth or this strange new world, the law of the jungle was an ironclad truth that transcended time and space.

 

[Ding! Congratulations to the host on understanding the rules of the Azure World. The secret task is completed and you have gained 400 experience points and a manual about the introduction of the Azure World]

 

“Holy smoke! I've completed a secret task!” Cain blurted out with a surprised expression on his face.

He already knew what the task assigned by the system was divided into three categories, main tasks, side tasks, and hidden tasks.

 

Unlike the main tasks and side tasks, the hidden tasks were unknown and could only be completed by chance.


3