Chapter 5
739 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My Kiss With The Culprit Id Wrong As I Expected!

"Mouri-san!

I…

I killed my husband!"

Kogoro could only stare at her mouth. He couldn't believe that those words came out of those lips!

Still holding her hands, Kogoro asked Mrs. Hinata- or was it just Miss, now that her husband was dead?

"Are- are you sure? Please tell me everything! I won't be able to help you if I don't know the exact situation."

"I… he came back in the middle of the night… He… he was drunk, and- He called me by that harlot's name!"

The woman called Hinata Hanaoka was breaking down in front of him. Her words were said almost in whisper, but the venom dripping from her words made him shiver.

Kogoro couldn't help it, and pulled her into a hug.

"... Did you hit him?"

She greeted his question with silence. All he could see was her dark hair, shaking slightly from her sobs.

"... Hinata-san?"

She finally replied with a small 'yes'.

"Then let's go quickly to your house!"

Alarmed, she looked up to Kogoro and looked into his eyes, before asking, "... Why?"

"... I'm gonna take care of everything. You don't need to worry about it."

Again, the ticking sound of the clock could be heard by the only two in the room.

"Okay…"

"Then let's hurry up, before it's too late!"

She nodded, and the two of them rushed out of the office. Kogoro locked the door from outside, and they went down the stairs directly to her parked car.

"Hinata-san, let me drive for you."

Kogoro asked her for her key, and she rummaged through her purse, before handing it over to him.

Kogoro unlocked the door of her Toyota MR-S, and they both got in the car. He started the engine, but before he stepped on the gas, Kogoro turned to his left.

"Hinata-san!"

Broken from her thoughts, she turned her tear-stained face to Kogoro.

"Yes?"

Unable to hold himself back, Kogoro reached for her cheek, and put his lips over hers.

Her lavender eyes were wide open,  showing her inner struggles. Then, as if accepting the situation, she closed them gently. Her hands clutched his shirt, neither pushing nor pulling. Her soft lips parted, shyly danced along with his rough ones.

Kogoro broke the kiss, and said with a smile, "Everything's going to be okay, so just trust me!"

His words brought back the smile to her face, "Thank you, Kogoro-san."

Kogoro stroked her cheek gently with his thumb, before he focused on driving. She could see a smile on his face, but unknown to her, inside his mind was pure disarray.

'Why did she have to taste like blood!?'

***

Almost fifteen minutes on the road, Kogoro was now driving in silence. Along the way, Kogoro received the whole story from his passenger. It turned out, his client had confirmed her husband's affair just a day before Kogoro!

Because of his old self's lack of urgency in investigating the case, she asked her friends living in the town Mr. Hanaoka visited on his business trip to tail her husband. She received a lot of photos of the adulterous couple walking out of a hotel, taken secretly by her friends all over the town.

His client planned to confront her husband as soon as she knew the truth of the matter, but Mr. Hanaoka was away for the rest of the day yesterday. She waited for the whole day; and the more she waited, the angrier she became.

By the time he came back, Kenjin Hanaoka was so drunk, he ended up spilling the beans before she even asked about anything. Worst of all, he called her by his student's name!

Enraged, his client picked up her husband's golf stick, and went to town on the poor sod. Too consumed by her angst, her mind was blank during the torture she gave her husband.

Finally, when her anger subsided, she found herself still holding the golf stick, and Mr. Hanaoka lying down in a pool of his own blood.

That's exactly the moment when Kogoro called her, unknowingly giving her an absurd thought of asking for his help.

'What a mess!'

Kogoro cursed silently. All of this could be prevented if his pre-awakened self had investigated the request faster. But no, he just had to spend his time in the pachinko!

'Well, there's no point beating the dead horse. I just have to find a way to minimize the damage for her.'

Thought Kogoro, as he looked at her reflection captured by the front mirror. Of her lonely gaze, and her drying tears.

***

The duo finally arrived at Hanaoka's house. The area where it was located was quite sparse, with the closest building about a third of a mile away.

Getting out of the car, Kogoro put his arm around the shoulder of Mr. Hanaoka's wife. She offered him a fragile smile, clearly still shaken from the whole ordeal, not that he would blame her.

Together, they entered through the front door, which she forgot to lock in her hurry. Her right hand holding his shirt tightened its grip, the dread was slowly returning inside her.

"Kogoro-san, it's in the dining room…"

Although she wasn't clear on what Kogoro was planning to do, she still trusted him enough to comply with his instructions. And one of the things he had asked her while they were in the car was to guide him to where her husband's body was.

From the living room, they went through a hallway, past a row of rooms, before stopping at the door to the kitchen.

Kogoro opened the door, and sure enough, there was a body lying down on the floor. And-

'Did the corpse just move?'

His face paled, before he shook his head.

"It can't be… Corpse don't move! Or maybe…"

Kogoro approached the body, and he put his finger on the neck to check for a pulse, and he was right!

Finding the situation humorous, he couldn't help but chuckle.

Kogoro looked over his shoulder, and called, "Hinata-san, I think your husband is still alive!"

~To Be Continued~

-

-

-

A/N: Chapter 6 is up on my patréon and ko-fi pages! I need your support so I can pay for my monthly mobile data plan.

Once again, thank you so much!

segalengko69

13