Chapter 11
556 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My Detective Lesson Is On Point As I Expected!

'Let me tell you something! If you were to look at the definition of detective, you would find the face of Kogoro Mouri in there.'

That was one of the lies that Kogoro Mouri told himself all the time. The other one was of course the obligatory, 'Kogoro Mouri never lied.'

Anyway, Kogoro was feeling extremely generous after making good progress on the case he was working on. So he decided that in the likely case of his life being secretly filmed and broadcasted without his consent, he would change the perspective otherworldly people had about Kogoro Mouri as a detective!

'Yeah, after the upgrade from the System, this bro was no longer the same!'

The first lesson was about…

Stalking!

Part of being a detective was, of course, stalking! No wonder it was not a crime to stalk someone. How can you punish someone for stalking, when the police also stalked the stalker.

"So, how many rose stalks were there on your table?" Kogoro said to his phone. A woman's voice answered after a second. She counted the numbers, and stopped at 9.

"So table nine, then? Got it. I'll be there in a jiffy."

Kogoro walked through the swarm of people heading to the Beika train station. He was meeting a technical advisor of the talent agency which Yuko Ikezawa signed at.

Her name was Velma, and she was a foreigner who came to Japan because of a scholarship. Before she even graduated, Velma got contacted by many companies in different industries, because of her sheer prowess in software development.

He could tell that she wasn't familiar with the restaurant she waited at, just from the conversation before. The outdoor dinery just a few minutes from the train station was famous for their use of flowers as part of their restaurant's theme. On each table in the restaurant was a vase, with a different number of flowers in it. Nine stalks of roses meant the table number nine of the third row; the first being lily, and the second one's sunflower.

The seating arrangement in the restaurant was decided by the customer, so the fact Velma had chosen to sit at one of the rose tables did little to hide her intention in this meeting.

Kogoro might be feeling apprehensive at that, if not for the fact that he got her name from Rukia before he came back home yesterday. She said that despite her nerdy looks, Velma was a chatty character, and he could try to get something out of her. Unexpectedly, Rukia had set up a date for him with Velma!

***

Distracted, Kogoro almost bumped into a lady running in his direction. Kogoro immediately apologized, "Sorry about that!"

Then, he took a good look at the woman's face, and she turned out to be his wife's assistant, Midori Kuriyama.

"Kuriyama-san! What are you doing here?"

She looked surprised to see Kogoro, before she quickly responded, "Mr. Mouri! Madam Kisaki sent me an urgent message just now!"

Her worry was palpable by the rushed way she spoke, and Kogoro's expression turned grave. He turned back and urged Ms. Kuriyama.

"Let's go then! Did she say where she was?"

"Beika station!"

"Don't waste more time, let's hurry!"

 ***

"I'm sorry for being late, Miss Velma!" Kogoro said before sitting across his date.

Velma was dressed in an orange sweater and a red skirt. Her thick glasses hid nothing of the chubby, but extremely pretty face of hers. Her blinding, if shy, smile only added to her charm.

"It's not a problem, Mr. Mouri."

Kogoro chuckled, "Please, call me Kogoro. I don't like being so formal on a date, especially with a beautiful and young woman like you!"

Velma's cheeks felt warm, and she nodded, "Then you can also call me without honorific too, Kogoro!"

Indeed, Velma was quite direct with her words. She leaned on their table, and her expression turned into one full of worry for a moment.

"Has the problem you mentioned before been solved yet?" Velma was of course asking about the reason why Kogoro was delayed. He was fairly sure she was a mystery junkie, with how quickly she offered to come with him when he told her he might get delayed by something related to a case.

"Well, I couldn't possibly make you wait any longer, can I? So I had to solve it quickly, otherwise you might get bored and leave before I get here!"

That was another lie. When he was rushing to the station with Miss Kuriyama, he didn't think about Velma at all. His focus was a hundred percent on Eri. Hinata? Rukia? Who? All he could think about was his wife's safety.

Imagine his surprise when they finally got to where Eri was, and the problem turned out to be just a stained skirt! She was asking Kuriyama to hurry because she had an appointment, and couldn't attend the meeting wearing stained clothes!

Kogoro was struck speechless for a moment. When he asked Eri why she needed to hurry Miss Kuriyama, she deflected the question, and told her assistant not to bring along suspicious looking old man next time.

Kogoro deflated. After he made sure Eri was safe, he just left; sulking about the little aunt being unreasonable. His thought about the reason Eri refused to reunite with the old Kogoro was solely because his dalliances were dead wrong!

But still, even if they said awful stuff to each other all the time, Eri remained the number one of his women in his heart. After all, she had given Kogoro the light of his life, their daughter, Ran. Kogoro noticed, of course, that he no longer considered Eri as the only one for him, but that's a problem for future Kogoro.

'Anyway, I should focus on solving this bloody case instead! Let's hope that Miss Velma can help me narrow down the suspect list further. There's only two names left!'

~To Be Continued~

-

-

-

A/N: Thank you for my very first patron, Dragon_knight240!

segalengko69

12