Chapter 19
485 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

His Story Panned Out Wrong Unexpectedly!

Shinichi Kudou did in fact have some sensibilities in him. Of course, sensibilities meant jack shit when you are a teenager with a quite successful career as a highschool detective. The number of people worshiping the grounds he walked on far exceeded the ones who were put off by his cocky attitude.

And then, he shrunk.

No one listened to him. No one cared about his opinion. No one took him seriously.

Hell, not even Professor Agasa did. Not until Shinichi convinced him of his identity, at least.

Now, as a six years old boy named Conan Edogawa, Shinichi was pacing back and forth. Inside the Professor's familiar but now gigantic house, Shinichi was filled with unease, waiting to see if Ran would actually come back.

Yesterday, she visited the Professor's house in order to ask about Shinichi. Her voice he heard outside the door was like a soothing balm over his metaphorically bleeding wound. He was elated, wanting to shout her name. But as he was running towards the door, he realized the situation.

Professor Agasa immediately told him to hide himself first, and went to greet Ran himself.

Shinichi did as he was told, but before five minutes had passed, Ran came barging in the house. She found his shrunken form, and he had the most excruciating conversation with her.

"Conan Edogawa!"

"I'm six!"

"I want to go with you!"

One lie after another came out of his mouth, all he could taste was ash.

Ran looked happy when he and the Professor persuaded her to take him home, but she shook her head and said, "Sorry Professor, Conan-kun, I will have to check with my Mom and Dad first!"

Hearing the fact that the scary old lady was in Ran's house scared Shinichi much more than the Black Organization did!

"Maybe I should just stay here then?" Shinichi wondered, and Ran seemed to melt when she saw his pitiful look.

With a smile, Ran crouched down and ruffled his hair, before saying, "Don't worry Conan-kun, I will convince them to take you in! Just wait for me tomorrow morning, okay?"

Shinichi had only nodded then, too dazed to say anything else.

But now, after waiting for more than a hour, Shinichi started to lose hope. He went to the phone and was about to make a call, before the front door bell rang.

Shinichi's eyes lit up!

"Ran!"

***

"...So you don't have to worry about anything, Conan-kun! I'm sure my parents will like you a lot!"

The two walked through the street to Ran's house. She was getting in the groove of being an elder sister. Just the way she was holding hands with Shinichi made them look like real siblings.

Their conversation was mainly Ran talking his ears off about her Mom coming back home after ten years, and her Dad who was going to be a singer.

'Huh?'

Shinichi didn't expect for that Ossan to be able to sing. In fact, if not for the fact that Kogoro Mouri was an awful detective, him not being able to sing was one similar feature they shared. But now that same person wanted to be a singer!

'Some people really don't have a conscience!'

"How about you Conan-kun? What do you usually do?"

Ran's questions wake him up from his daydreaming.

"Well, I like to read stories about Holmes!"

Ran raised her eyebrow, "Really? Well, remember that person Ran-neechan was looking for? That Shinichi also loved Holmes! You two will probably get along if you ever meet him"

She then grumbled, "If he ever comes back, that is! What a nincompoop, all he does is talk about Holmes, even on our date! Can you believe that Conan-kun?"

Shinichi's eyes were wide, not expecting her to be this mad. He hurriedly tried to calm her down. "Wow, you went on a date? Then do you like him, Ran-neechan?"

Ran smiled wryly. "I used to think so, but now I'm not sure anymore."

Ran's mind recalled what happened with her Dad before, and went red with embarrassment.

Shinichi frowned, thinking, 'No way!? Did she meet someone else!?'

His mind ran a hundred miles an hour, trying hard to find clues about this 'other man'.

Shinichi's face was all scrunched up, not noticing that Ran was looking at him.

"Ne, Conan-kun… Are you possibly-"

At that, his scrunched up face went slack, his jaw dropping. 'Did Ran find out already?'

"-Shinichi's brother?"

Immediately, his skyrocketing heartbeat dropped to the bottom of the ocean.

Shinichi quickly denied, "No! I have never met him before!"

Ran just hummed, before they resumed walking in silence. The sight of the Cafe Poirot was getting closer and closer. They directly took the stairs, and went to the top floor, where her house was.

Ran pressed the bell, before calling, "Mom, Dad, I'm back!"

A second later, the door was opened by her mother, Eri Kisaki. Shinichi reflexively hid behind Ran's legs.

Eri smiled, before crouching down to his level.

"Welcome back, Ran! Is this Conan-kun you are talking about?"

Ran also smiled, ushering Shinichi to her front. "Yeah! Conan-kun, say hello to my Mom!"

Conan shyly greeted Eri, "Hello, my name is Conan Edogawa! I'm six! Please take care of me!"

Eri looked surprised, "Ara, what a smart boy! But where are my manners? Let's all come inside first, Conan-kun. My husband was still waiting in the living room."

Conan nodded along, and trailed behind her and Ran.

They went inside, and sure enough, Kogoro Mouri was waiting for him. Ran went to her Dad's side and started blabbering about Conan.

Kogoro looked amused, before his gaze went to Conan.

'How!?'

That's the only word that Shinichi could think of. Just a month ago, he met Kogoro in his unholy glory. He was skinny fat, his beard unkempt, and his eyes sunken. But now, he looked ripped, his facial hair was immaculate, and his eyes were that of a predator!

'What the hell happened!?'

~To Be Continued~

-

-

-

A/N: The end of Volume 1 of KMPE! If you want to read the start of Volume 2, you can go to my patréon or ko-fi!

As always, my purely platonic gratitude to the patron comrades, Dragon_knight240 and phil, and also to all the loyal readers of this fanfiction.

Thank you so much!

segalengko69

11