Chapter 47
200 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fallen Angel 12

 

After the craziness he had all week, Kogoro did not expect anything when Ran had told him to pick up Conan at Hinata's apartment. What popped up in his mind was obviously Hinata herself, being the owner of the place; and of course Conan, the one he was there for.

He did not expect anyone else at all.

What met his gaze when he went inside the suspiciously unlocked door was not his lover Hinata, nor his charge Conan. Instead, it was the Black Organization elite member, Vermouth.

And not her snow white-like sleeping form he last saw her, but the one Kogoro was much more familiar with: the little piggie in a bondage!

His disbelief was such that his enhanced reflex did nothing to his slow reaction. Kogoro stared at the tied blonde without blinking. As his mind rebooted itself, he finally let out his surprise.

"Huh."

Without making any sound, Kogoro approached the blonde assassin currently binded by what looked to him as an amateur attempt of shibari. He even subconsciously graded the binding technique applied.

'The crotch looks too tight, but the ones around the chest were too loose. It's either A for Amateur, or E for Effort. One of those two sounds about right.'

Kogoro nodded sagely, but shook his head once he realized the situation he was in.

He started looking around, hoping to find some kind of clue, and completely ignoring the weird but tantalizing sight in front of him.

While his 'lesson' with her was one of the most exciting experiences he had with a woman, Kogoro did not have an ounce of attraction towards Vermouth right now. Not that she was not physically attractive, but because he was once again put into a corner where he did not know how to react based only on the information he had.

Not able to think clearly, Kogoro searched the whole place for any signs of this being a trap.

'Did that other member of the Black Organization who rescued her before did this? Or was it someone else?'

Finding nothing and no one else in the apartment, Kogoro went back to the living room, where the tied up blonde was blissfully sleeping, unaware of the danger she was in.

Scratching his head, Kogoro helplessly sat back on the couch.

"No sign of tampering means that whoever put Vermouth here did not do it by force. Either they had the key, or…" While he did not like where his thoughts were heading towards, Kogoro could not ignore the urge to find out about the truth behind this bizarre situation he was in.

So, he reached for his phone, and made a call to someone he thought could explain what was going on. He did not have to wait at all, as just a moment after he made the call, it was picked up.

"Hello? Yes. Where are you now?..."

***

"So, care to explain to me what's this all about?" Kogoro calmly asked the nervous Hinata sitting across from him.

She clenched her fists atop her lap, clearly not expecting him to be this upset.

"Well…" Hinata paused, clearing her throat, before she revealed everything to him.

Hinata was the one who released Vermouth from his clutch. She did it out of filial piety. Her father told Hinata to do it because of a favor they owed to the Karasuma family.

But Hinata did not know that Vermouth's camouflage was so great, it ruined her and Kogoro's 'child', the RSTA. When he heard that bit, Kogoro could guess where the idea of giving him Vermouth as a present was coming from.

Hinata had always been a vengeful woman. Looking back on what she did to her ex-husband, she probably thought that by gift-wrapping someone who had left him befuddled was like hitting two birds with one stone. Hinata got her vengeance, and Kogoro got her piggy back-

'Err… That doesn't sound right.'

Then, Hinata told Kogoro something that made him pause. She had apparently taken some blood from Conan, and gave it to her father's subordinate.

That set the alarm bells off in his mind.

'The only reason someone would want some of the bozu's blood is the damned drug running through his veins! So they already know about his real identity, then?'

As Hinata finished talking, Kogoro pulled her into a hug.

"Hina, I know that you mean well, but you should have told me about this earlier. Don't you trust me?"

He felt her murmuring onto his shoulder. Kogoro then loosened his arms around her, and stared into her eyes.

"Do you promise not to do stuff like this again?"

With puffy eyes, she nodded, and quietly said 'I promise' before diving into his embrace once more. They just sat there, enjoying each other's presence, when Kogoro remembered something.

"I almost forgot. Where's Conan?" asked Kogoro.

"He was still sleeping in the guest room." Hinata answered.

Kogoro hummed. "If you don't mind, why don't you take him home, so I can take care of our sleeping piglet here?"

He gestured to the still passed out Vermouth. Kogoro winced when he recognized how the woman was going to feel the burn after she woke up.

Hinata agreed to drive Conan home, so she went into the guest room, when a loud explosion rang above their heads!

Without thinking, Kogoro pulled the tied up Vermouth under the small table. Not a second later, The floor above the living room collapsed down onto their prone form.

Kogoro pushed the back of the table above him and Vermouth with his right arm, but they still got crushed under all the rubbles!

"Goro-kun!"

Hinata's cries were the last thing he heard, before everything went dark.

***

Today was the day Yoko Okino was officially released from the hospital. Although her injuries were long gone, she followed Kogoro's instructions to the letter and postponed her departure. She avoided most of the doctor's scrutiny by sticking to Miwako like glue.

Her days were spent reading the books Miwako had brought for her. Other than that, she was also visited by the owner of the Rising Star, Hinata Yamashina. They bonded with each other rather quickly, and even formalized her transfer to the company.

Both Hinata and Kogoro were supposed to be here for her discharge, but no matter how long she was waiting, there was no sign that they would come. Yoko could not reach their phone, nor did Miwako when she told the female police officer to try.

Just as Yoko was about to give up, she received a text from HInata. When she opened the message, the idol let out a gasp, and shakily told the curious Miwako, "Kogoro-san is in the ICU!"

 

~To Be Continued~

-

-

-

A/N: Thank you to my patrons Dragon_knight240, phil, XOL, anime addict, omar amurrio, and to all the loyal readers of KMPE!

My youngest brother was sick yesterday, so I could not concentrate writing. Chapter 48 and 49 were up on my patréon and ko-fi (epub only), search for the username segalengko69 and enjoy it ahead of time!

Another way of supporting me is to read my story on WebNovel, FanFiction. net, wattpad, and scribblehub, and by sharing it with your friends.

Once again, thank you!

✌️

segalengko69

6