Chapter 51
161 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Death In The Family 1

Sitting on a plane could be a bit boring, especially when one is lonely. Now, Yukiko Kudou was not exactly alone, but she might as well be! Her husband of almost nineteen years, Yusaku Kudou, was getting more and more lethargic these days.

While he wasn’t exactly forcing himself to work, the numerous times they were chased by editors made the famous writer unable to relax even for a moment. When he finally got a breather, Yusaku would choose to sleep, like what he was doing right now!

‘Of course, he left his young and beautiful wife horny all the time!’

Yukiko grumbled in her mind, while playing with her food.

Normally, Yukiko would be more careful about her diet. As an actress, although she was no longer an A-lister, she still needed to watch her figure in case she appeared on camera. But after being neglected by her husband yet again, the brunette was past the point of caring about how the food would mess up her figure. After all, there were only so many things she could do to alleviate her stress. Especially up in the sky, where she could not play with her phone; eating became her only source of dopamine.

As Yukiko rolled the broccoli on her plate, she glanced at the sleeping Yusaku, before scoffing and turned her head to the window, wondering how her son was doing these days.

‘Shin-chan hasn’t said anything since yesterday. Is he okay?’ The mother silently worried over her only child, Shinichi Kudou, while looking at the passing clouds…

***

‘If Yusaku or Yukiko knew what happened, they would be out of their fucking minds!’

Kogoro Mouri thought as he scratched his head, wincing at the tender spot hidden under the bandage. He had not been discharged yet, so he could only solve cases from the confinement of the bed that he was currently sitting on.

Over his lap was a small table Velma had sent him. On the small table were some papers filled with Kogoro’s writings, and scattered beside his legs were some dictionaries for different languages. Again, his quirky assistant was the one who prepared them for the sitting detective. He had one for Italian, one for German, one for French, one for Portuguese, and several other ones he hadn’t checked out yet.

“Why can’t I find anything about this!?”

Kogoro wanted to shout, because he finished looking for the word Vermouth left him in the first four thesaurus, but the man could not find anything at all!

The word he was looking for was ‘candi’, and it was the key to the clues that would lead him to where Conan was kept hostage.

‘Come on! I don’t believe that it’s a made up word!’

He started looking over the next set of lexicons, this time from the asian languages of Chinese, Korean, Filipino, and Hindi. Kogoro was immersed in the process of searching through the diminutive letters that without anyone disturbing him, it was already midday.

But he finally found it! In the last dictionary, no less. He encountered a similar word in the Indian language. The word Chandi or Candi was actually the name of a deity in Hinduism, derived from Chandika or Candika, believed to be the manifestation of the goddess Durga. As she was the goddess of death, Kogoro thought that maybe there’s something of that nature around the Touto Tower.

So from there, Kogoro took out his indestructible Anoki 3310 and relayed instructions to Velma and the rest of his girls to note down places that had some connection with death, like mortuaries, cemeteries, crematories, or stores selling funeral necessities. For safety reasons, they would go in a group of three. The detective also taught them not to leave their car unless necessary.

After that, Kogoro could only wait patiently, praying to the heavens that they could save Conan before anything bad happened to him.

‘Damn it, Vermouth! Why would you complicate things like this!? I hesitated to do it at first, but now, it looks like I need to use the card on you!’

Kogoro swore, as he opened his inventory interface, and took out his trump card:

The Basic Psychedelic Card!

***

To the south of Touto Tower, on the street of Kocchijyanai; the idol Yoko Okino was in the car of her lover’s wife, Eri Kisaki. On the back, Eri’s daughter, Ran Mouri was diligently reading the name of the places they slowly drove by.

“So… What are we looking for, again?”

‘Oh right, there is one more person in the car.’

Beside Ran was her childhood friend and classmate, Sonoko, the heiress of the Suzuki Corp. Unlike the other three in the car, she was the only one with a jubilant mood.

Ran answered absentmindedly. “We are looking for a place with a connection to death, like mortuaries, cemeteries, crematories, or places selling funeral necessities…”

From her verbatim answer, it was clear that the youngest Mouri was desperately trying to follow her father’s instructions.

“Still, do your parents know you are skipping school, Sonoko-chan?” Eri asked Sonoko while driving the car. The one she asked just waved her question.

“Don’t worry, oba-sama! They will be too busy to notice that I’m not at class!”

Hearing Sonoko’s nonchalant reply, Eri could only shake her head exasperatedly. Still, it did slightly alleviate the heavy atmosphere between them.

“We are looking for that bozu, right? What’s his name again? Gouman?” Sonoko chirped again, and this time Yoko was the one who responded.

“It’s Conan, Suzuki-san. Conan-kun.” The heiress let out a long, quiet ‘oh’ at that.

Actually, today was the first time that Sonoko had ever met the idol, but because of her upbringing, she did not say anything even though Yoko’s presence among them was strange.

“There’s one there!” Ran suddenly exclaimed, and sure enough, right across the street was a crematorium. The name above the door said Touhou Crematorium. Yoko flipped her phone open and sent a message to Kogoro about the place. She also took her stun gun. She did not study any martial arts, so Eri gave her one to defend herself in case something bad happened.

Eri, Ran and Yoko furrowed their brows, preparing for their share of investigation. Ran opened up her notebook, looking through the tips her dad gave her.

‘Appear calm… Lure the target with small talk… Ask the question subtly-‘

Before Ran could read through all of the tips, the door on the opposite side was opened, and Sonoko had skipped right into the crematorium building!

Kogoro’s lovers were all dumbfounded by this, and hurriedly unfastened their seatbelts, before they got out of the car and chased after the whimsical girl!

~To Be Continued~

-

-

-

A/N: The lemon is back! Not on this chapter, unfortunately, but on chapter 53 which I just uploaded on my patréon under the username segalengko69 .

I want to thank all of my patrons, Dragon_knight240, phil, XOL, anime addict, omar amurrio and all of the loyal readers of KMPE!

If not for your support, I definitely won't make it this far.

Once again, thank you!

🙏

segalengko69

4