Chapter 57
110 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Death In The Family 7

 

Standing with all the confidence in the world, Vermouth curled the corner of her lips when she realized Kogoro did not approach her any further. He might look dangerous, and she might have pushed one of his buttons by masquerading as his wife.

"Who knows~ for all I know, she could be across the country right now."

Both of them knew that that was a lie. Kogoro was sure Eri was with him this afternoon at the hospital. Any good pair of tits might leave him horny, but a horny dog was still a dog. 'No one could fool the nose of this hound!'

"You act like you have any other options besides answering my damn question. I'll repeat it one more time, and if you still choose to be obstinate, then don't blame me for being rude! Where. is. Eri!?" Kogoro cracked the cast around his injured hand with a thunderous slam to the pillar beside him.

Like an earthquake, the old building was shaking like it was about to fall apart. Vermouth looked up in alarm, and just as she predicted, a groan could be heard from above them, and a snap told her that she should back off from where she was standing, unless she wanted to be as flat as a pizza dough!

As Vermouth flung herself backward, something unbelievable happened in front of her eyes.

The man in front of her could not be human; that's the thought that went through her head when Vermouth noticed the lack of wincing or any involuntary bodily reactions to the impact of a two hundred pound statue from twenty feet above his head. Instead of being crushed flat, Kogoro Mouri managed to spin around, jumped, and used the momentum of the object and changed the direction of the falling structure. Now, he spun the candi upside down like a spinning top, with the tip as the point.

Good thing that he did, because if Kogoro was just a millisecond late, the person hidden inside the mini temple would be crushed to death.

As he slowly decreased the speed of the spinning temple, Kogoro finally saw the person inside. The detective reached into the mouth of the candi, and he pulled the body out carefully. When Vermouth saw the identity of the person Kogoro saved, her eyes went wide with bewilderment.

"That's impossible!? How-"

Snap!

She heard a snap, and this time, it did not come from the ceiling. It came from the fingers suddenly appearing right next to her ear. Before Vermouth could continue with her words, her sight went dark, and she bonelessly fell to the floor.

Immediately, the world shattered into million pieces. The real world appeared, and if she were awake, Vermouth would see Kogoro breathing heavily while kneeling beside her. But there was no temple, and there were no other people beside the two on the floor. The floor was not cracked, and above the two and hanging by multiple chains, one could see something swaying as the wind swept past the building.

Judging from the volume, Kogoro would guess that it was originally the temple across the Heiwayou. He didn't know why it was here, but the man was glad that he could finally take a breather for a moment.

After he recovered, Kogoro called the system.

'Baa-chan, before the time for the Basic Psychedelic Card is up, change her number one priority from the B.O to me, and make it so that she would report every important thing to me in the future!'

[Implanting suggestion…]

[Suggestion implanted!]

Relieved, Kogoro swore in his head, 'Finally!'

He got up, and looked coldly to the sleeping agent, and then left her to climb to the stairs yet again.

'Wait for me, Eri!'

Because he was still banged up, Kogoro took his time walking towards the hanging temple. The man found the control mechanism on one of the railings surrounding the lone candi.

Kogoro lowered the stone structure. As it slowly descended, he finally noticed the thin gaps that signified the nature of the artwork. Also a thing his gaze locked onto was the familiar booty hanging from inside the mouth of the temple.

"So it's only assembled here, then."

Before he went into another tangent, Kogoro decided to follow the damn thing back to the eighth floor. When he looked down, however, the unconscious Vermouth was no more.

"Damn, that was fast. But I'm more at ease with letting her go now that she is firmly on my side, than before when she went apeshit with explosions. Speaking of explosions, I need to get a hold of that creepy dude she sent to Hinata's father in order to silence her forever."

Limping to the candi now firmly on the floor, Kogoro reached out with both hands and pushed the temple gently so it rested on its side. Now, he could see both Conan and his wife Eri tied inside the stone structure. The difference was Vermouth had secured Conan with a great effort, while Eri's binding was half-assed at best.

'So she must have been swapped by Vermouth when we went two separate ways. About twenty minutes? No wonder it is amateurish.'

Kogoro untied the love of his life and the death god's emissary, before he woke up his wife first.

Gently, Kogoro grabbed the scattered clothes Vermouth had left before and covered his almost naked lover. And in response, Eri slowly fluttered her eyes open, and got up abruptly from her sleep. She looked around in confusion for a second, before realizing that her love was here all along. Eri's eyes watered, and she hugged Kogoro, lightly sobbing from her fear.

The only thing that Kogoro could do was to stroke her hair, while whispering sweet words into her ears. After a while, Eri finally calmed down and tried to extract herself from her man's embrace. Her panty-covered bum was sore from sitting on the concrete, but Kogoro was having none of it.

He hugged the woman tighter, and all Eri felt was love.

Until the still unconscious kid next to them sneezed and ruined the atmosphere.

Lamenting the fact that he had to somehow postpone his lovey-dovey moment with his wife, Kogoro checked on the sleeping kid.

'Days in captivity, and still managed to look fine. As expected of the number one shinigami-in-training!'

 

~To Be Continued~

-

-

-

A/N: Chapter 59 of KMPE and Chapter 1 of RMPD (Ran Mouri - Pet Detective) is up on patréon and ko-fi under the username segalengko69 .

I'm sorry for the delay, and thank you to my patrons Dragon_knight240, phil, and omar amurrio, and also to all the loyal readers of KMPE.

Once again, thank you!

segalengko69

1