Chapter 59
117 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Death In The Family 9

 

'She lied to me!' Hinata viciously thought, as she watched her lover return home with his wife and Conan. Even though the raven-haired woman had murder written across her face, it was not necessarily directed at the one who deceived her, Vermouth.

Instead, it was directed at herself. She was once again just a pawn on the chessboard. During her marriage to Kenjin Hanaoka, Hinata was forced to accept the role of a trophy wife. That did not last, as many had already known. The slime went and got himself a young cat because he was a failure of an artist and needed a ghost painter to prop up his fame.

And then Hinata clubbed him to death. Or at least sent him to its door.

If she was to point out Kenjin's merit, it would be that his cheating indirectly landed her onto Kogoro's lap.

Kogoro Mouri was the man of Hinata's dream. He was everything that she would ever ask in a lover. She even thought that him having numerous women was a good thing, because it was a solid proof of her dating a desirable partner. Caring, patient, good looking, and more importantly, a huge dick; Hinata had promised herself that she would do everything to maintain their relationship.

And then, Vermouth came.

The hussy had manipulated her and her father to do her bidding. It brought a huge rift not only to her relationship with Kogoro and her sisters, it even made her a legitimate kin-slayer.

'Chichi-ue…' Hinata thought, her heart hollow. She killed him. Even though the man had sold his own daughter, she killed him. Even though the man had gone mad, she killed him. Even though she had hated the old man, she killed him!

The desolate feeling did not leave her afterwards, and it probably would stay there for the rest of her life. Strangely, when she accepted that fact, her tears stopped. Her quivering lips also stilled, only to curl into something else. Something that should not be on her face given the circumstances. Something ugly. Something worse.

Hinata Yamashina smiled.

And it was the most beautiful one she ever put on.

***

"Are you sure?"

It was the day after he rescued Conan and Eri back from Vermouth. After rounds and rounds of dicking, Eri, Ran and Velma were still out, completely drained. They slept on his bed, while Conan was back at the professor's house. As he sat down on the couch in the Mouri Detective Agency, Kogoro asked the same question once again. Across from him was the most troublesome woman he ever came across.

No, it wasn't the softly smirking Fuyuki Natsume currently sitting beside him.

It was Hinata Yamashina, the first woman he truly boned in his second life.

She nodded to his question, and assured her man of her intention.

"Although I still hold some power over the Yamashina family, Chichi-ue is still the main force behind us, so it's better if Fuyuki-san takes over for me. She'll do a better job handling RSTA than I did."

Kogoro pinched the base of his nose, clearly exasperated by the whole charade. The man knew that Fuyuki was the one behind this request. Having only recently joined his family, she was not satisfied by being the 'youngest' in terms of their relationship's age.

Her solution was to replace Hinata as the CEO of the RSTA. That way, she would be above Yuko, Yoko, Rukia, and Velma, at least business-wise. Although he kind of expected Hinata to agree, what with the recent debacle she partially caused, it was still jarring that the wilful woman just let Fuyuki walk over her.

But even then, that was not the thing that gave him a headache.

"I'm not talking about that; I'm talking about the second part of your request." Right then, Kogoro pointed to the paperwork laid on the table between them.

"You want to be Conan's adopted mother?"

At his question, the serious Hinata flushed in shame. She looked down for a moment, before the raven-haired woman raised her head and resolutely returned his gaze.

"I know I did a lot of stupid mistakes, but please believe me! I'll make sure to take care of him, Goro!"

There was no way that Kogoro would be convinced just by her words, but unexpectedly, Fuyuki came to her aid.

"Don't be too hard on her, Kogoro-san. Although she did screw up, at least she wanted to redeem it by working hard as the boy's surrogate mother. It is a positive thing for you and your family. I imagined it was quite hard to make love with Ran-chan and Kisaki-san when he was in the house, so Hinata-san taking him in would free you from sneaking around for your daily dose of cooch~"

Her words made him want to vomit blood. Kogoro could only give her a stink eye. 'This damn woman! I can't argue because it's true, but do you need to spell it out like that?'

After he contemplated for a while, Kogoro sighed and closed his eyes for a moment in resignation. His gaze went back to the pleading Hinata, and he caved in.

"Okay, I'll agree with you. But!" Hinata's eyes lit up with excitement, but Kogoro stopped her from interrupting him. "You'll need to apologize to the others, and convince Ran about it. If she refuses, then I'll retract my permission."

Hinata nodded furiously, looking like a chipmunk with the way her plump cheeks jiggled. Kogoro was not finished, however. And this time, he was facing the smug lady, Fuyuki.

"Also, I'll only accept the handover plan if you can convince the girls that would work under you."

Seeing his stern eyes, Fuyuki did not lose her cool and only nodded once in agreement.

Finally done with the troublesome matter, Kogoro relaxed his posture and slouched on the couch, feeling the strain on his still injured body. As the tension left him, Kogoro remembered one little detail he forgot to ask.

"That's right, if you really stepped down from the company, what would you do?"

At his question, Hinata got even more vibrant, and said. "I'll be your maid, of course!"

Kogoro was dumbfounded, and Fuyuki let out a tinkling laugh at his expression.

 

~To Be Continued~

-

-

-

A/N: I'm so sorry for the delay. I did not feel great, so my productivity decreased.

Big thanks to my patrons, Dragon_knight240, phil, omar amurrio, and to all the readers of KMPE.

I hope you all stay safe and healthy!

segalengko69

1