Chapter 11- Night Attack
31 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a few restless hours, midnight arrived and the sky was at its darkest. The whole city of Katonia was enshrouded by the darkness.

It was unknown if it was due to the sudden visit of the Imperial Family, but tonight all the night establishments were close early.

 

Even the citizens had closed their windows and had gone to bed early as well. As such, the city that was usually vibrant and bustling at night was now quiet.

 

However, within Mikhail's room, a loud tractor sound could be heard as he was snoring like a pig. It seemed like he was already deeply asleep.

At this moment, he didn't have the bearing of noble, let alone an Imperial Prince. Instead, he resembled a delinquent.

 

He was sleeping flat on his back with his right hand inside his crotch while his left hand was underneath his head. He was completely defenseless.

 

Right at this moment, a fog suddenly condensed as a shadow quietly appeared in his room like a ghost.

As the magic light in Mikhail's room wasn't completely turned off and was instead dimmed down, the physical appearance of the unexpected visitor could be seen.

 

It was a woman. She was wearing a tight black assassin's outfit. Her face was covered with a thin black cloth which hid her face and she had a pair of daggers on her thin waist. Aside from that, her body looked extremely voluptuous.

 

The moment the woman stealthily appeared in Mikhail's room, she didn't utter a single word as she unsheathed one of the daggers on her waist and cold-heartedly plunged it into Mikhail's heart at an incredible speed.

Swoosh!

One could tell that the woman was an experienced assassin as she aimed for Mikhail's heart to finish him in one blow. Furthermore, there wasn't a a hint of emotion and hesitation in her eyes.

 

With such closed distance, the assassin didn't believe that Mikhail could block or evade his attack even if he were to wake up.

 

However, before her dagger could reach Mikhail's stomach to pierce through his heart, it was suddenly stopped midair as a hand swiftly and quietly clasped the assassin's wrist.

 

"Here I thought my dear brother has forgotten about me."At the same time, Mikhail's cold and emotionless voice suddenly rang out as opened his eyes with a frightening murderous intent.

 

Being suddenly gripped by the wrist caused the assassin to jump from fright. After seeing the awaken Mikhail, the assassin's expression greatly changed.

'I even release a ton of colorless sleeping gas in the room, so how could he is awake right now .' Inwardly thought the assassin as she was looking at Mikhail with a frightened expression on her face.

 

"Crack!"

As the assassin was lost in thought, Mikhail put pressure into the assassin's wrist as he crushed it, blocking the circulation of Aura into her right arm.

 

"Snap!"

"What a shame."Mikhail coldly uttered as he was looking at the figure of the assassin before he then pulled on it.

 

The assassin's hand was severed from his arm, causing blood to spurt everywhere as she miserably screamed: "Ahh!!"

 

Nevertheless, her killer's instinct allowed her to run away instantly. After her hand was ripped off by Mikhail, she immediately turned into smoke and escaped.

Meanwhile, Mikhail threw away the hand and looked at the window, and smilingly said." I see you like foreplay as well." And then jumped out of the window.

 

The assassin escaped to the north of the city right after she left Mikhail's room. As an assassin, her speed and stealth were both top-notch. Those in the same realm were not her match.

 

She was a peak a 7-Star Aura Knight and had one foot in the 8-Star Aura Knight. Furthermore, even though she was only a 7-Star Aura Knight, she had killed many 8-Star Aura Knights before due to her mastery of assassination.

 

But tonight, she had met her match. She understood that his opponent was formidable, so she ran away with all her might.

"These people gave me false information. This wasn't the power of 5-Star Aura Knight but that of a peak of 8-Star Aura Knight at least."Murmured the woman with a completely stunned expression in her eyes.

 

Since the 13th Imperial Prince was able to easily block her move and crush her wrist, he would be able to easily kill her as well.

 

As such, she didn't dare to engage him any longer as she made her escape. Not to mention, she didn't want to wake up the Imperial Knights she had drugged into sleep.

So the only thing she wanted to do now was to get out of here as soon as possible; she wanted nothing more than keeping her life!

One could only do something when one stayed alive; that's what she believed!

 

The moment when the assassin thought she was safe, Mikhail's lazy voice suddenly rang from behind her: "You think you can escape?"

With his Dash skill activated, Mikhail easily traversed the dark little forest as if the distance was not a hindrance to him. With one step, he easily caught up to the assassin.

 

Although the assassin was very fast, she was far too lacking compared to Mikhail.

At this moment, the assassin was scared out of her wits when she saw Mikhail get right behind her with such ease.

She unleashed a slash as fast as lightning towards Mikhail with her dagger, but Mikhail easily evaded it.

 

At the same time, Mikhail channeled almost all his Aura into his right hand and punched the assassin into her stomach. He was extremely fast.

 

Bang!

With a deafening bang, the assassin was sent flying like a sandbag as she slammed into the nearby three which broke in half due to the impact.

 

The crisp sounds of bones breaking could be heard clearly. This punch destroyed numerous bones in her body as her chest was caved in with only a thread of life.

Nevertheless, the assassin did not dare to stop. She gritted her teeth and turned into smoke yet again to escape with her top speed.

 

A look of despair showed up in her eyes as she looked back.

Swish! Swish!

 

However, before she could even make it far, several shiny and sharp sword lights suddenly flashed as her body was slashed into numerous pieces. She didn't even have the chance to scream

 

After killing the assassin, Mikhail took out the black cloth on her face to see her appearance.

 

"So, it was one of the maidservants assigned to me. Such a waste of beauty." Mikhail said with a disappointing look on his face.

 

"It seems like Count Bertrand has already become one of my big brother's supporters."He added with a slight smile on his face.

 

In the next second, Mikhail started to loot the corpse of the assassin like a scavenger.

 

"Damn! She is penniless as well just like those damn Ether Church bastards." Cursed Mikhail after finding out only a few silver coins in her pocket and some magic spell talismans.

 

[Would you like to store those items into your Dimensional Storage]

As Mikhail was angrily looking at the belonging of the assassin in his hand, the cold and mechanical voice of the system suddenly rang out in his mind.

 

"Yes." He answered without hesitation. The Dimensional Storage was another cool and extremely useful feature Mikhail had discovered about the system.

There were magic rings in this world where people could store stuff, but the space within wasn't that big.

 

However, the Dimensional Storage of the system was extremely huge like a giant cubic room and it would also get bigger as he grew stronger.

 

[The Demon God Avaritia Unique Skill's Plunderer has been Partially Unsealed]


[Current Progress. 1:09%]

 

"Damn! only this much."Angrily blurted out Mikhail after hearing the notification of the system.

 

"With this pace, it will take me a long time before I could completely unseal the Plunderer Skill."He added as he found himself in a dilemma.

 

As Mikhail was deep in thought, his eyes suddenly shone brightly as an idea flashed into his mind.

 

"Why don't I go rob that bastard Count," Mikhail murmured with a devious smile on his face.

As the ruler of Katonia, one of the most prosperous cities throughout the whole Helios Empire, Count Bertrand was extremely wealthy.

If he were to rob that bastard blind, he would be able to raise the progress level of the Plunderer Skill by a large margin.

Furthermore, he would also be able to stick it to his big brother after trying to kill him by doing that. It was like killing two birds with one stone.

"Yeah, let's do this." Mikhail coldly added as he suddenly disappeared from his previous position like a ghost.

0