Chapter 2: An Unexpected Quest
248 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moment Vikram opened his eyes, he found himself in a dark room with nothing except for his body visible to him. Vikram moved his limbs in order to get familiar with it and just like his expectations the movements felt just like how it would in reality.

Vikram wanted to try more movements but a blue transparent screen soon appeared in front of him and on that screen, texts slowly started being typed.

*Welcome to the world of Odyssey player!

Would you like to save the account from which you played last time or would you like to start from scratch with a new account? (Y/N)

 All previous progress along with the items would be lost if the player chooses to play the game from a new account. *

Seeing the message displayed Vikram soon realized that the earlier user forgot to bind his account, as a result, his biometrics were not recorded and now, Vikram would be able to access his account and play as his character.

Though it would be considered best to start as a new character and get familiar with the game since he got this opportunity then he might as well try to see if the previous player, which most probably is that child, had some good items in his inventory.

Thinking about that line, Vikram clicked on the ‘Y’ that was displayed on the screen with his finger and the words on the blue screen slowly changed.

*Biometric information saved. The account is now bonded to the player and would remain theirs as long as they don’t delete the account.

Enter Game? (Y/N)*

Seeing the message Vikram pressed on ‘Y’ again and the screen in front of him scattered followed by Vikram’s vision going dark for a millisecond before he found himself in a different surrounding.

Vikram was now currently in what seemed to be a dimly lit cave. In front of him was a passage that led to god knows where, even though this was a game, what seems to be the end of the tunnel, was dark and gloomy enough to give Vikram an anxiety attack. Vikram looked behind him only to find a path that was blocked by rocks.

‘Great’ Vikram thought to himself. He was now having second thoughts regarding his decision seeing the situation of his character.

“Well, before logging out let me check the stats and items that this account has.” Vikram thought out loud and willed for the stat window to appear in front of him, which it did.

Player Information

Name – Rossian

Level – 54

Class – Assassin

Strength – 520

Speed -570

Endurance - 600

Dexterity – 600

Intelligence – 400

Mana - 800

Health – 540

 

Attack List:-

  • Wind Twister (250+ DPS): Move so fast around your opponent that you twist the wind around them making them trapped in their place as they lose the ability to move while being slapped by hard currents of winds.

              Consumption - 100 Stamina + 250 Mana consumption per second.

  • Backstab (Instant Kill disregarding all defence): Successfully sneak behind your opponent's back and attack them when they’re unguarded. If failed, the player’s health and stamina stat become ‘1’ for three seconds leaving the player vulnerable.

 

Consumption – 100% of Stamina

 

  • …..
  • ……..
  • ……

 

…..

Seeing the huge number of information in front of him left Vikram momentarily confused for a while before things slowly started making sense to him. Apparently, this was a quite high-level player considering that the levels of the top players of the game were currently in the 150s.

Vikram was not expecting such a good thing to happen. It would most probably take him more than 2 months to reach such a level and that too if he played the game seriously, that is investing at least 6 hours of his time to the game per day, in-game that would be around 18 hours, one hour in real life is equivalent to three hours of in-game time.

The gaming equipment which Vikram got though looked much newer than two months old, so that meant that the kid was playing much more than 6 hours of this game every day in order to reach this level.

Vikram soon got over the excitement and focused on his next task, which was to escape from this cave. The rocks behind him won’t budge so the only place for him to go from here was deeper in the caves. Placing his hands on his waist Vikram soon realized that he had a dagger which was fastened there with the help of a cloth and soon pulled it out. He admired the intricacy of the dagger for a while before heading deeper into the cave.

While walking further in, Vikram wasn’t idle as he practised his movements as he walked deeper in the cave so that in case of any problems, he would be ready to respond to them. After walking for what seemed to be around half an hour Vikram finally saw the light at the end of the tunnel. He quickly ran towards the source of light thinking that he could now finally exit this cave but unfortunately for him what lay at the end of the tunnel was not the outside world but a large open area which was still inside the cave.

The area had some stones on the rooftop that gave light which made Vikram mistake it for the light from outside. The light from the rooftop helped in illuminating the area but even if it didn’t, one could easily notice the sword that was buried in the ground right at the centre of the place. The sword was giving out a purple evil glow. It looked more like the sword of a villain rather than that of a hero which excited Vikram a lot only for him to be disappointed later when he thought about how he was now an assassin and as an assassin, he couldn’t equip weapons such as swords.

Even though he couldn’t equip the sword, he could definitely sell it and just from seeing the weapon, he could guess that it was not going to sell for a low price which would help Vikram to get some quick cash to improve his livelihood.

With greed clearly covered in his vision, Vikram approached the Sword and pulled it outside and with a ping, a system message popped up in front of him.

 

SS+ Level Quest Activated: - The Baleful Sword has finally been taken out from its resting place after a millennium. During the war between the human and the demon race, the sword showed its might and decapitated thousands of demons and hence collecting their resentments, thereby converting a demon-slaying sword to a state such that it would corrode the owner of the sword because of the strong resentments it carried and would make the owner fall into the path of the demon race. As a result, the man who was once considered human, a hero at that, became the greatest general of the demon race and battled thousands of humans before meeting his end.

The person who killed the demon-turned-swordsman buried his sword in this cave because of its indestructibility and so that it doesn’t fall into another’s hands a very strong inscription was put in place around the area. The moment the sword leaves its place hundreds of A-Level soldiers would spawn in order to kill the person who eyed on something he shouldn’t have.

Survive till the end.

The spawning will begin in 100 seconds.

Quest completion reward: Get to exit the Cave.

Quest failure penalty: Restart

10