Chapter 6: A Loophole
172 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Earlier while surfing through the forum Vikram saw a discussion which had a heading, 'Beginner's guide'. Clicking on the said discussion, he found that other players liked the instructions given by one particular person a lot and seeing so many positive reviews Vikram decided to follow the guide.

According to the guide before doing the class-assigning missions the players should do some basic quests in the starter village in order to increase their level because most people clear class quests only when they reach above level five because they have enough stat points now to complete the missions.

Vikram had gone through a variety of basic tasks that were on the list and decided to start with cleaning the stable. He went to the village's stable which was in the same direction as that in the human village. Seeing that the places in the human villages matched with that of the human-made things were very convenient for Vikram.

"You look idle, traveller. Want to clean my horses and earn some easy money?" an old man with a cowboy hat on his head said while leaning on a wooden gate.

"Sure," Vikram said knowing that this was the procedure to get the quest.

Quest assigned: Clean the old man Hubick's horses as because of old age his regular back pain restricts him from doing much physical work.

Horses cleaned (0/10)

Quest completion reward: 10 EXP (Experience Points), 20 Bronze Coins.

Vikram entered the stable ready to complete his first mission quickly. The moment he entered the building he was attacked with the intense smell of horse shit which kind of slowed him down for a bit.

Vikram first filled the large wooden water tub that was fixed on the ground. It was an exhausting job, he had to the well, fill a bucket with water and then bring that bucket back to fill the tub. He wasn't allowed to bring the horses out of the stable because their gates were locked.

Initially, he had thought of asking the old man about the keys and telling him his reasons to which he replied as if it was something obvious "I'm also paying you for filling up the tub, otherwise, why would I be paying you fifty bronze coins for such an easy job."

'Easy job my ass, cheapskate.' Vikram thought to himself as he went to the well to fill the bucket with water and then he transported it to the stable and poured it on the tub. He repeated this nine times before finally filling up the tub.

Vikram looked down at the water that filled the tub and saw his reflection in it. This was the first time he was seeing how he looked in this game. He looked the same just now but had two short horns that were protruding out of his head. He didn't notice them at first because of his thick hair but after shuffling his hair and adjusting them a bit his horns were now clearly visible.

The horns were also black in colour which camouflaged well with his hair. Vikram smiled seeing this, it meant that other players won't know about him being a demon even after seeing him unless he tried showing them his horns by adjusting his hair deliberately.

Realizing that he still had work to do Vikram looked at the horses in the stable. Now was the time for him to individually wash each of them…Initially, he had planned to do the job properly but now when he was exhausted just by filling the water, he thought of trying something. Vikram took a bucket filled with water and went towards a horse.

The horse neighed seeing Vikram's approach but that's all it was capable of currently. Vikram grabbed the bucket tightly with both his hands and splashed all the water inside onto the horse. The horse neighed surprised by the sudden water attack but that was expected.

Not minding the horse that continued on neighing Vikram opened up his quest page and saw something that made him grin to his ears.

Quest assigned: Clean the old man Hubrick's horses as because of old age his regular back pain restricts him from doing much physical work.

Horses cleaned (1/10)

Quest completion reward: 10 EXP(Experience Points), 20 Bronze Coins.

Initially, Vikram had thought of sincerely cleaning each of the horses and earning his money but after hearing that cheapskate wanted to make him fill the large tub with water as well and not even increase the reward he was in a sour mood. Now that he has an opportunity like this, he'll surely use it without an ounce of guilt.

Vikram busied himself for a few minutes as he grabbed another bucket and poured it on the next horse. His grin became even wider seeing the progress bar and he busied himself with using this loophole.

Twenty minutes later Vikram walked out of the stable in a happy mood. He got the old man's money along with experience points while doing a job poorly. He didn't do more than what he was paid for so he was satisfied.

Vikram looked at his stat panel to get an idea of how much more EXP he needed to level up.

Player Information

NAME – ROSSIAN

RACE - DEMON

LVL– 1 (10/100EXP)

CLASS – UNASSIGNED

STR (Strength) – 1

END (A/N: Stamina Changed to Endurance) - 1

DEX (Dexterity) - 1

INT (Intelligence) – 1

HP (A/N: Health changed to Health Points)- 1

Seeing the information, he now knows that he needed 90 ninety more experience points in order to level up. Vikram's next destination was the blacksmith. His quest there was to melt the ores and make pour them all into a mould to make ingots out of them.

"Youngling, hurry up! Young demons like you should be all fast and fit. Don't spill it out! You're wasting metal there!" A burly middle-aged man shouted from inside the workshop while hammering the tool or weapon he was currently making.

While waiting for the ores to melt Vikram looked at his mission and sighed.

Quest assigned: Help Drake the blacksmith. Create ingots from the ores so that Drake can use them later on conveniently.

Ingots made (25/250)

Quest Completion Reward: 80 EXP Points, 50 Bronze coins.

10