Chapter 8: Free Meal
149 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vikram also felt the level-up increasing his physical abilities so he put up the stat screen in front of him to see what all has changed.

Player Information

NAME – ROSSIAN

RACE - DEMON

LVL– 2 (0/200EXP)

CLASS – UNASSIGNED

STR (Strength) – 2

END (A/N: Stamina Changed to Endurance) - 2

DEX (Dexterity) - 2

INT (Intelligence) – 2

HP (A/N: Health changed to Health Points)- 2

All his stats increased by one after levelling up. Even though he knew that he was far away from being able to defeat the demonic hounds, just being able to see his progress even by a small amount filled him with pleasure.

Vikram initially had planned to go and do the rest of the quests in the village that he read in the forum so that he could level up and then complete the class assigning quest but hitting the training dummy 10 times with his sword made him change his mind.

Vikram had never gotten into a fight in a real life, it was more like he couldn’t afford to do it. Being an orphan, he knew that unlike others he didn’t have any backing so he took extra care in order to not get in any trouble.

Such type of life was not something Vikram respected, he had resisted the urge to hit some people so many times that he couldn’t even count them and after resisting his aggressive behaviour so many times he subconsciously became meek in order to fit into the society.

During the last two times he wielded his sword he didn’t put much thought into it because he was fighting enemies but now that he had just hit training dummies, which obviously can’t attack him back, he felt a feeling that he had never experienced before. He felt the thing he had been suppressing since his childhood, he could let it all out now.

With that, not bothering about levelling up he started hitting the training dummy with the same downward swing as before again and again. With each downward swing, he felt more and more refreshed as a grin slowly formed on his face.

The instructor glanced at Vikram and chuckled as he said to himself “I like the dedication. Let’s see how long he can remain dedicated.”

Unknowingly an hour passed and Vikram still continued swinging the sword not realizing that he had been hitting the training dummy for more than an hour now but he was soon made to stop by a notification he received.

The Player’s satiety has become low! Eat food quickly or any other supplements to raise your satiety to an appropriate level.

Seeing the message Vikram soon stopped training and began to walk towards the exit of the training hall. The instructor seeing him like this asked “Where are you going, child?”

Vikram placed his hand over his stomach as he said while smiling “I’ll come back after eating.”

“Ah, it’s already lunchtime, how about having lunch with me? My wife prepares a lot for me to eat alone so I could appreciate some help.” The old man said while chuckling.

“Sure!” Vikram said not wanting to refuse the free food.

A few minutes later the old man brought his homemade tiffin which his wife made as he kept on complementing the food prepared by her wife.

Seeing the food inside the tiffin Vikram made an aghast face because unlike the pleasant aroma the food was emitting it looked not very…pleasant to the eyes…disgusting would be the right word to describe it.

Seeing the instructor looking at him with eyes that were eagerly telling him to try the food Vikram was put in a tough spot. If he rejected the food then his relationship with the instructor would deteriorate and who knows, he might make things difficult for him.

Vikram finally decided to bite the bullet and grabbed the spoon filled with the gooey disgusting substance that the instructor called food and pulled it towards his mouth. The only good thing was that it had a good smell.

The moment the spoon entered his mouth, Vikram who was preparing himself to control his vomit was shocked. The food was indeed disgusting….disgustingly delicious, that would be the right term to describe it. He soon took another bite of the meal and ate it delightfully.

The instructor chuckled seeing Vikram’s reaction as he said “Don’t shy away, I got a lot to eat so make sure to eat your fill.”

Vikram just nodded with his mouth filled with food as he continued on taking in more. The instructor didn’t mind and started eating his part. After a few minutes, Vikram finally finished eating and regained his bearings as he said, "Ah! sorry I lost myself there and ate so much of your lunch.”

“That’s alright, don’t mind it.” The old man said to which Vikram replied “Thanks for the food! It was delicious, I can say that it’s the most delicious thing I’ve ever eaten in my life till now.”

“My wife would be truly happy hearing that.” The old man said as he continued “Do you plan to continue training or go do something else now?”

Hearing the old man Vikram replied in a manner as if he never considered doing anything else.

“I will of course go and train more, I never felt that I would feel so alive just by hitting a training dummy.”

“Oh? Do you feel like that? I see, I won’t keep you occupied anymore young man. Go and train well then, and remember to ask me if you have any queries regarding swordsmanship later on.” The instructor said.

Vikram was elated hearing this and quickly went back to hitting the shit out of the training dummies. It was not only just him feeling alive when he kept on hitting the dummy that made him practice more in the training hall, another reason was the increase in his sword proficiency by another point which motivated him to keep on going.

6