Chapter 12: Two Weeks Later
131 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
A Happy Diwali to all my readers

After recovering himself, Vikram slowly stands up on the ground still grimacing in the pain of getting punched and kicked by a random stranger. Vikram had clearly heard the reason for which the person had attacked him, it was a childish reason at best but the fact that it was so childish made him even more infuriated.

One would expect Vikram to be angry at the person who attacked but that was not so the case, he was angrier at himself, he was both physically and economically weak if not for that why would that person dare to attack him? He clearly wouldn't and he might even treat him in a servile manner if he was more powerful than him.

Vikram was not dumb enough to think that the law could protect him because the law was for the benefit of the powerful. A person like him can't depend on the law to give him justice. If he wanted to get justice, he needed to do it himself or get powerful enough to forcefully take it.

Staring down at the bundle of money that was on the ground Vikram felt disgusted at himself because he was still attracted to it. He wanted to throw it all away but deep down he knew that it would be a foolish decision considering his finances. He grabbed the two stacks of 500 Zk(Zenki) notes and placed them inside his pockets.

The amount was close to 50,000 Zk which was something he could only earn by labouring his ass off for five months. With the money now with him, Vikram walked towards his home, his anger had subsided a bit by now but even if it goes away completely, he would never forget about today's events. The face of the person who hit him and treated him like a punching bag was still very clear in his mind. He'll make sure to make him regret his actions in the future.

Entering his house Vikram went to the washroom to look at his face. His nose had dried blood on it but there wasn't any deformation. His abdomen also only had a bruise and will heal with time. Vikram decided to freshen up to change his mood.

Coming out of the bathroom Vikram started preparing his lunch and by the time he was done, it was already one in the afternoon. After eating his lunch and cleaning his utensils Vikram was finally ready to log back into the game.

Wearing the Helmet Vikram found that he could log back into the game and soon found himself in the spawning point outside the Ekkinisi village. The first thing he did after logging back in was to check his player information.

Player Information

NAME – ROSSIAN

RACE - DEMON

LVL– 4 (0/400EXP)

CLASS – UNASSIGNED

STR (Strength) – 4

END (A/N: Stamina Changed to Endurance) - 4

DEX (Dexterity) - 4

INT (Intelligence) – 4

HP (A/N: Health changed to Health Points)- 4

Vikram couldn't help but be delighted seeing that he had levelled up twice thanks to the 500 EXP points he received after slaying the demonic hound. There was no penalty for losing experience points after death before level 10 so Vikram didn't lose any experience points even though he had died.

Moving his body a bit he was clearly able to feel the changes the increase in his stat points have made as he was able to exhibit more strength in his actions and move and respond even more quickly. A part of Vikram wanted to go and test his strength on the hounds which would help him level up quickly and would also help him in completing his class assigning quest but after thinking on it for a while Vikram controlled his urge and went back to the training hall to practice the stab attack.

During the last time practising Vikram felt that his sword proficiency would only increase if he could perform a perfect attack continuously. As a human, he was supposed to make mistakes when attacking continuously but he had to minimize it to the maximum as doing that would most likely increase his efficiency in increasing his sword proficiency.

For the next few days, Vikram carried continued on practising his sword in the training hall. He might have shifted to doing something else but thanks to the money he had gotten his hands on he could focus on improving his skills rather than earning in-game currency which he could exchange for Zenkis in the real world.

The first few days Vikram continued on practising his stabbing attack before he finally felt that he had reached perfection and could improve his proficiency by doing this attack no more. The instructor then taught him diagonal slashes from both sides and left him to himself.

Vikram kept on practising them juicing out all the proficiency points he could as he learnt them. The amount by which his proficiency points were increasing was also a lot by now. Maybe this was because the amount of knowledge he had been gaining was also much more than before.

After perfecting the slashes, the instructor told Vikram that he should now start training by mixing up all the attacks that he had learnt because in a real fight that's what he would be needing to do. Vikram readily agreed and while doing it found out that it was a lot more difficult than he had initially thought because he would confuse about what attack he was going to do next after performing the current one.

Sometimes this would lead to pauses in between the attacks which Old Man Krieg would point out and smack him in the head saying that he would die if he was fighting a real opponent like this.

Two weeks later.

After finishing up his morning chores Vikram logged back into the game. During these days Vikram's comprehension of sword fighting had increased by a lot. Especially because these 14 days were more like 52 days for him in the world of Odyssey.

Wearing his helmet on, Vikram finally logged back into the game. Yesterday Old Man Krieg had told him that he had reached a plateau in his sword skills and would need to experience some real battles if he wanted to increase his sword proficiency by more.

Vikram was not disappointed hearing this because he wasn't expecting his sword proficiency to increase by so much just by practising on a training dummy. At first, the increase in the sword proficiency points was quite normal but the moment he started mixing up the moves the increase in his sword proficiency took a leap.

Vikram gazed at his current sword proficiency points and chuckled to himself.

Sword Proficiency- LVL1(384/1000)

Vikram was quite satisfied with the results of his training and he was now finally going to focus on increasing his level. With that thought in mind, Vikram started walking towards the forest to settle the scores with the demonic hounds.

5