Chapter 13: Carnage
124 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vikram was now surrounded by a bunch of demonic hounds. The majority of them were at level 5 with one being at level 7. The hound that seemed to be the boss growled and as if abiding by his orders two demonic hounds leapt towards Vikram from opposite sides with an intention of tearing his throat.

Vikram dodged away from them and sliced a bit of the hound’s skin as it passed near him. The hound growled furiously at Vikram to express its anger before jumping back at him again. Vikram who was already in his stance just like earlier sliced the hound in two halves with a critical hit thereby ending its life.

LVL 5 Demonic Hound Slayed

+500 EXP

Vikram got a notification but unlike earlier he didn’t waste his time in noticing it and quickly parried the teeth of the hound that was about to rip off his neck from behind. Creating some distance from the said hound while keeping his eye on the surrounding hounds Vikram adjusted his heavy breathing.

He was scared but having enough skills gave him enough courage to ward off his cowardice and still stand there instead of pissing off his pants and bawling his eyes out like a helpless kid. Vikram noticed that the surrounding wolfs became a bit vary of him seeing him slay their fellow hound with such ease.

He knew that this was a very good opportunity to reduce their numbers quickly and gain an advantage over them and that’s what he did. Vikram rushed towards the hound whose teeth he just parried and before it could recover, he cleaved its head as the hound fell down on the ground with blood sprinkling from its now headless torso.

Vikram’s face which was now drenched in the hound’s blood gave a very spine-chilling feeling to the hounds as some of them even whimpered back a few steps. Seeing his subordinate like this the Level 7 hound couldn’t stay still as it slowly stepped forward with a loud howl to give strength to its pack.

It did the work as the other hounds gained enough courage to stop their whimpering and now started watching their boss to see how he rips apart the evil person in front of them.

Vikram saw the demonic hound which was the leader of the current pack and gulped down his saliva as he prepared himself to face it. This hound was much larger than the rest which was most likely because of its increase in level.

Instead of jumping at Vikram like the rest of them at first, the boss hound instead slowly walked towards Vikram which made Vikram tighten his sword’s grip as the most optimum way of attacking the hound in close proximity came into his mind.

When the distance between the boss hound and Vikram was less than 30 centimetres the hound kicked on the ground with its rear legs as it sprinted towards Vikram. Vikram who had already prepared his legs jumped towards his side and rolled on the ground before stabilizing his stance.

The boss hound growled with irritation clearly written over its face. It didn’t want to give Vikram enough time to recover from the fall so the moment Vikram recovered his stance he found the boss hound rushing towards him.

The hound made sure to be on the ground so that it could change its direction quickly if the person in front of him tried anything. The hound opened its mouth wide with the intention of chopping down on Vikram's head but didn’t expect a rock to be thrown towards him.

When rolling on the ground Vikram picked up a piece of sufficiently big rock from the ground and the moment, he saw the hound’s large mouth, Vikram with all his might throw it inside its throat making it choke.

The boss hound stopped the moment it felt the rock blocking his throat, it tried to cough it out but before it could, it felt a sharp sword rushing towards its head taking away its life.

Critical Hit

LVL 7 Demonic hound Slayed

+700 EXP

Vikram didn’t know how much he had levelled up but the feeling of levelling up recovered his stamina as he rushed towards the other wolfs who were now petrified at their respective places seeing their boss being killed right in front of their eyes.

One by one Vikram slayed all the leftover demonic hounds. The more he attacked the more perfect his attacks became. With each swing Vikram was adapting his attacks to kill the hound quickly and most efficiently, it was something he learnt while attacking the training dummy. While training with the dummy Vikram needed to constantly adapt his attacks at first in order to reach perfection and gain some sword proficiency points.

His attacks were perfect but only in terms of a target that was stationary, now that he had targets that were moving, he could further perfect his skills. Even though it was time taking it was worth it. Especially with all the EXP points and the loot that he was about to get.

+700 EXP

.

.

+600 EXP

+600 EXP

+800 EXP

.

+900 EXP

After 4 hours of slaying, Vikram was much more confident in his ability. His level had increased by a lot but much more importantly his confidence in attacking live targets had also increased. As his last kill, Vikram successfully slays a lvl 10 hound and completed his class quest.

Swordsman Class Test: Defeat 30 Demonic hounds in the periphery of the Ekkinisi village.

Progress: (30/30)

Status: Completed

Reward: Swordsman class would be assigned. [Visit the training hall to receive your class]

Seeing the message Vikram was quite happy with himself to the point he was about to rush back to the training hall but he controlled himself. He looked at his surrounding as he saw piles of dead bodies of demonic hounds and a sparkle appeared in his eyes.

Vikram had heard about the skill of skinning monsters and collecting their bones so he had bought a skinning knife from the marketplace. It was quite obvious that the majority of players wouldn’t know how to do the task so Odyssey made sure to have an autopilot version where the player’s avatar would skin the monster itself as the player observes it from inside their avatar while feeling its movements.

The final product would be of moderate quality and if players wanted things of high quality, then they would have to learn the skill through observation and then start practising it. It was the same for all other skills except for weapon skills. Weapon training was the only exception in which players got no help and would have to start from scratch and would be trained with time thoroughly through certain class-related quests.

After collecting whatever he could Vikram now walked back to the village. He was finally gonna complete his class mission and along with it earn a bit of money after selling his loot in the marketplace.

5