Chapter 14: Swordsman
205 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the way back to the village Vikram couldn’t hold himself back and ended up opening up his player info to check his level and other stats.

Player Information

NAME – ROSSIAN

RACE - DEMON

LVL – 10 (1000/1000EXP)

CLASS – UNASSIGNED

STR – 10 (+75)

END - 10

DEX - 10

INT– 10

HP – 10

Vikram saw that he was at level 10 at this point even though by normal calculations he should be above level 10 at this point. Vikram didn’t fret over it as what had happened was for his own good. One can’t level up above level 10 before completing their class mission and getting their class. Why? This was because after the class is assigned the player would get extra stat points in their class-specific stats which would help them further in their journey.

Even though he had lost a huge chunk of exp he could always make it back so it was nothing to worry about. Vikram then changed his attention to his Strength. What the hell happened here? It took him a while to think of a reason and his eyes then fell on the sword that was in his hand currently. He quickly opened up the inventory.

Inventory

COINS: 69 Bronze (A/N: I swear it's just a coincidence…a good one at that. Looks like the stars are in my favour.)

Items List

1) The Baleful Sword (Suppressed)

  • Unlocked - Increases ATK strength by 50 points (+5 for each level increase) [Unlocks at level 5]
  • Locked ??
  • Locked ??

…??

2) Demonic Hide x30

Higher Durability compared to normal Hides. Can be made into good equipment.

 

3) Demonic Hound’s Flesh x99

Looks like normal flesh but is poisonous to all beings except for demons who eat it like a delicacy. If anyone except a demon eats it then they would start losing their HP at the rate of 2 HP per second for the next 10 seconds.

4) Fangs x60

Sharp fangs, can be made into weapons capable of tearing and penetrating low-tier armour easily. Getting scratched by them will cause a bleeding effect and the player will lose HP at the rate of 2 HP per second for the next 10 seconds

Getting his questions answered Vikram was quite happy. He wasn’t sure whether his strength was strong for his level or not so he needed to check about it on the forums after going offline. For now, seeing his loot and after reading their functions he was even more satisfied. He didn’t plan to sell the flesh as it would give away the existence of the demon race to other players and that was not something he wanted to happen so early on. For now, he decided to sell the fangs.

With all this in mind, Vikram went to the marketplace and put up the fangs for sale. He didn’t know their worth but he wasn’t dumb enough to put all of those 60 fangs for sale. So, in order to test the waters, Vikram put 10 sets of 2 Fangs for sale and left for the training hall. He had set the time to one hour so the person who pays the highest in this one hour gets to keep them.

A similar description that Vikram saw of the fangs was now visible for all the players in Odyssey who were currently going through the marketplace to see. Items that could cause bleeding effects were not available at low levels so seeing such an item appear on the market caused a slight interest among the people.

At a low level, an HP loss of 2 HP per second for 10 seconds was quite a lot and would definitely end up killing new players. There was also no dearth of players who had enmity with each other and would love to use these types of things on each other. There was also a lack of good weapons at low levels so players who were below level 30 also got interested in it.

As a result, a small-scale bidding war took place in the marketplace which was nothing new as it used to happen more than once every day.

Vikram had reached the entrance of the training hall and saw Old man Krieg there waiting for him.

“I’ve been waiting for you young lad, you did a fine job and now are worthy to be called a swordsman. Here’s the insignia of the swordsman.” The instructor said as he passed the badge which had a symbol of a sword carved on it to Vikram. The moment Vikram grabbed the insignia it disappeared and the same symbol appeared on the top of his wrist like a black tattoo which faded away a few seconds later.

Following this, a message popped up in front of Vikram.

Congratulations on successfully becoming a swordsman.

STR and DEX stats will now increase by two points after each level up

Vikram saw the message and with that, he finally entered level 11. Vikram opened up his player info to check himself up.

Player Information

NAME – ROSSIAN

RACE - DEMON

LVL – 11(0/11,000EXP)

CLASS – Swordsman

STR – 12 [+80 (Baleful Sword Bonus)]

END - 11

DEX - 12

INT– 11

HP – 11

Vikram was happy to see his progress. Seeing the Swordsman in his Class made him feel good. His eyes soon fell on the EXP he now required to level up as his happy mood dampened. This was the reason why levelling up in Odyssey was considered so difficult. The more they level up the harsher it becomes to level up.

Vikram then focused his attention back on old man Krieg who was still looking at him and smiling. Seeing this Vikram couldn’t help but ask “Is there a matter old man?”

“It’s been a while since we’ve met and strangely, we’ve never introduced each other. People in the village call me Old Man Krieg. What about you, young man?” Old man Krieg said.

“I’m Rossian…” Vikram paused because of the unfamiliar name and continued “…it’s a pleasure meeting you, Old man Krieg.”

“I also enjoyed your company young man.” Old man Krieg said while chuckling still calling him a young man even after knowing his name.

“Now, that I’ve gotten the class, what should I do next?” Vikram asks Old man Krieg to which he replies “Explore, go on an adventure and explore these lands. At your age, I did the same. Being confined to one place will only limit your progress. What you need now is not just practice but different experiences.

Hearing Old man Krieg Vikram nodded and agreed to him but he wasn’t allowed to go just yet. He was invited to a meal at his home tonight made specially by his wife. Vikram readily accepted the invitation because even though the food looked disgusting it tasted like heaven.

5