Chapter 13
2 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter -14

Emile found his patience running out for the first time in his entire lifetime that it felt like punishment. He wasn't sure if it was a deliberate attempt on the prince' part to find fault in their conduct giving him a chance to humiliate him.

They stood awaiting his Highness' arrival for more than an hour.

As if sensing his foul mood the poor subordinates arranged for the outing maintained an awkward silence, not even daring to breath out loud lest they worsen the tense atmosphere.

No one really wants to see a beauty frown.

Word about how the fourth prince forced the young talents of "Martin" and "Albrecht" households into marriage is already well-known throughout the kingdom. Though it remained a mystery as to why the prince went so far as to specifically get his hands on these 'Gentlemen' despite the Capital being filled with all sorts of other talented individuals.

The Prince's guards couldn't help but sigh and silently pray for their Highness' early arrival
(″ロ゛).

It was after some time had passed hat the gloom gradually faded livening up the awkwardness as soon as they spotted figures heading towards them.

It turns out the Master has decided to show up.

Straightening his back Emile looked at the slowly nearing figure of the Prince scrutinizing him with his gaze.

The precious prince today was clad in simple get-up like himself. His hair too was left to it's natural wild state.

Upon closer look Emile soon discovered that Jason wasn't alone. Following behind him was a little tail that very much resembled his dear 'friend's' younger sister happily tagging along the despicable devil.

No. Not resembled. That was Justus' sister !

'Did the sun rise from the west today?!'

.

Jean was very enthusiastic about Julia's company. He readily initiated finding the Duchess seeking permission on behalf of the young lady.

The Duchess not expecting such turn of events dazedly agreed. It was only after she slowly came to her senses did she realise the Prince had already kidnapped her daughter towards the carriage.

By the time she could stop them the party had already galloped away.

.

Jean personally took it upon himself taking care of the child. The carriage was big enough to accommodate four to six people so there was much space with the three of them.

Settling the Lady comfortably Jean could finally turn his attention to the silent occupant.

After some hesitation he decided to break the chilly silence, " I apologize for making you wait. It's my negligence for not informing you about the delay."

Emile gazed at the young man. The prince rumored to be a capricious b*stard lowering himself to apologize...

' I am sorry but I have no need of such luxury.' - thought Emile.

Not receiving any reply Jean was more than happy with the silent treatment. In fact it would be only weird if the male leads suddenly started responding.

A single space confining different souls each occupied by their own thoughts.

The journey was peaceful with the occasional chattering between the two children. (•T/N the other child referring to Jean lol)

Upon arrival the group excitedly scurried out leaving Emile at the rear. The servants with their skilled and years experience were very adept in arranging the spot.

The location was specifically chosen, the lake reflecting an emerald hue to the setting. A perfect spot for a picnic.

Jean was relieved to have Julia accompany them or else it would have been too awkward with just the two of them while Emile refused to utter a single word.

Julia's presence was like a blessing since Jean had been struggling to come up with topics to converse with the Albrecht prodigy.

So he wholeheartedly entertained the young lady to the point that he forgot the presence of the third member in the group.

At another corner of the Lake away from the hubub Emile had found the perfect position to isolate himself from the craze. It was too much for him to figure out His highness' thoughts. Just when he felt like he had unraveled the prince the latter would take a 180° turn making his head spin from countless possibilities.

The prince had now become the biggest anomaly in their plans. In fact taking a rash decision might backfire so he had to keep an eye on the fourth prince for the time being.

************************************************ 

1