Prologue
240 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

**Author has something to say- Well this is my very first work and i am really nervous about it.i hope you guys will like it and guide me.

T/N English is not my first language so please point out my wrongs (⁠人⁠*⁠´⁠∀⁠`⁠)⁠。⁠*゚⁠+

***************************

The silky white curtains danced in a rhythm, 'unknown'. The early winter breeze drifted into the room as the temperature dropped slightly.  

"Hiss...C-cold",stuttered the man who lay sprawled over the bed before covering himself in a cocoon of blankets moving away from the open window to avoid the wind.The room then returned to its former tranquility without the slightest hint of movement from its occupant.

.

.

.

Minutes passed by but the man remained unmoved from his position until the helter- skelter of people moving about and the sound of their hurried footsteps woke him up from his sleepy stupor.Jean with much effort sat up on the bed unable to make out anything out of the noise the people were making as they talked in hussed voices.As a late riser Jean often has the problem of being in a daze after waking up, not that the hungover helped since he had gotten himself drunk till he lost consciousness the previous night.

Adjusting his eyes to the bright daylight he finally took notice of his surroundings.

Confused, he looked around.He was, right now in a room that looked rather cozy and it screamed of sheer sophistication if one ignored the mess of documents and papers scattered  around .The walls were of a creamy shade with nothing but a few paintings and simple hangings adorning them.The furniture too were simple, light in colour nothing dark or lavish.The bed that he was currently sitting on was way softer and cozier unlike his original one which often gave him the cramps.But that was not what concerned him right now.As he got himself out of the bed, with careful steps he made his way around his room. And, like any other normal person who woke up in an unknown place which was definitely not their messy room they had slept in at night the only thought running through his mind at the moment was -

'Where on earth am I?'(⁠˘⁠・⁠_⁠・⁠˘⁠)

Jean could swear he had thrown himself onto his bed right after getting drunk the night before.He never drank outside his room for fear of getting into trouble but that happened only once and since then he had made it a habit to always drink in his room.Now as he stayed rooted to his spot he tried to recall any event that might have taken place after he got drunk, but no, not a single thing happened.Hell! he was damn sure he was dreaming right now.But being sure about something and the reality of a situation are two different things.Even when he pinched himself till his skin turned red he could not wake himself up.So that meant only one thing, he wasn't dreaming.

He transmigrated.As to where? He doesn't know.

It hasn't been even four seconds for him to try to come in terms with his situation when a knock sounded at the door (which was twice the size of his closet in his apartment which he had rented just two months prior).

Panicked, Jean, circled around his room unable to find a place to hide.Looking right and left helplessness and hopelessness took over him at the same time."Calm down dammit!",he cursed under his breath as he continued his aimless search for a safe corner.

Not knowing what he should do at this moment he decided to take deep breaths...*in and out, in and out*...That's what his mother had taught him among the many things as a kid.Whenever he felt anxious or panicked he often did this to calm himself down and even now in this unknown place it really helped.

A young voice sounded from the other end of the door,"Y-Your Highness are you awake?". 'Highness who?',Jean thought trying to figure out who the aforementioned 'Highness' was and how for heaven's sake did his hair grew so long as to cover almost all of his face(?)as he fixed his now long hair.

The younger man not getting any reply tried for a second time, this time a bit louder "Your Highness!".As much as Jean did not want to respond to the call he figured that if he didn't then things might get a bit out of hand.So he decided to bite the bullet.

"Yes*cough *cough I am awake".

His voice had come as a squeak the first time he spoke so he coughed to cover it up, not that the man noticed as he was too startled and at the same delighted to see his master awake and about this early in the morning as he made his way into the room to greet his master.

Darrion has worked almost his entire life serving in this part of the palace till now.One could say that he had grew up with his Highness, the Fourth Prince.But in all these years there have never been a day where the said person had managed to wake up early. So today's incident had come quite as a surprise.

Busying himself in the task of assisting him to freshen and dress up Darrion made a mental note to inform his Majesty 'the Emperor' about this in praise of his master.

Jean oblivious to his servant's thoughts let himself enjoy the noble treatment of being served.The moment he had answered to the boy's call earlier he had already calmed his mind and heart, because one could only deal with unknown circumstances when they are calm and steady.With how things are right now he can't screw up.That much he knows.

It's not like he is a stranger to the topic of Transmigration, as he too have read his fair share of such novels.If one wishes they could easily find these novels in the internet.Varying from game transmigration to novel transmigration, these type of novels are a trend in the webnovel industry.It was his dream to author such novels himself if he ever got the chance but looking at his situation now, this dream seems to be a faraway fantasy*Sigh*.

Hearing his master sigh the nth time in the thirty minutes it took to get ready the young boy decided to distract him, "Master, it's done.Please take a look".Smilling he motioned for him towards the mirror.

Earlier, due to his panic Jean didn't get the chance to observe himself or his looks.Now that the boy had mentioned it he turned around to see his reflection staring back at him with an equally startled gaze.Dark brown eyes stared back at him.No matter how he looked at it... this face was his, his real one.No changes at all. Except for his black hair that now reached past his shoulders everything remained the same.The pair of large brown eyes, his nose, lips and even the little amount of baby fat that he had remained unchanged.

Seeing his master in a daze again, the boy felt weird.Ever since this morning, his master has been acting a bit out of it, what had happened during the period of one night he doesn't know.But being the servant that he is its not like he can question his master.Putting aside his thoughts at the back of his mind he inquired,"Your Highness, His Majesty has asked for your presence during the breakfast.Will you go or should I come up with an excuse for your absence?"

Jean, coming back to himself hearing the question turned towards the boy with the look saying 'I don't know what you are talking about' signalled for him to go on.

Darrion, thinking that his master has forgotten about the day's arrangements started,"Both of Your Highness' brides have entered the palace the night before". Flinching as he saw his master direct a sharp gaze towards him he stammered,"A-As  the custom calls they have been arranged for to spend the previous night at the main palace and as is the tradition Your Highness is required to be present during the private breakfast where his Majesty as well as the Crown Prince will join you and your brides..."

He didn't know what was wrong with what he said but seeing his master's expression turn ugly with each passing second he decided to shut up nonetheless.

Jean has been preparing himself for any unexpected news or information in order to not let himself be caught off-guard, but to realize that not only had he transmigrated but was also married to not one but two people?! Give him a break will Ya! One can only absorb so much information at a time! And what's with these 'Your Highness this' and 'Your Highness that'?

Taking a few seconds to calm himself he asked the younger boy, "You say, I am married right now?"."Yes", not able to understand what was going on in his master's mind the boy answered.

After confirming that he was indeed married Jean asked the question that had been bothering him the most,"What is...my name?".He did have a guess about where he might be right now.But this guess was very faint.Like a ray of light in the distance shrouded by a thick fog."It's...Jason Ren Scholz, master", albeit his confusion the younger boy obediently answered clearing every bit of doubt and uncertainity that Jean have had.

"Ja-Jason...", Jean's legs felt weak as he heavily plopped down on his bed the moment he heard the name.He doesn't know why but he suddenly feels tired.He only wishes to lie down, close his eyes and forget about everything that has happened till now.Oh how he regrets not listening to his mother when she scolded him for scribbling his ideas in a notebook behind her back and preparing a draft when he should have been preparing for his college entrances that time.The reality hit him hard. Really hard.Everything was crystal clear now.

He has transmigrated...and that too in his own novel.

After completing high school and the nerve wrecking college entrances he decided to invest his free time in writing novels.It was his dream that aside from being a Professor he would write webnovels, but of course not with his real name.He wanted it to be his own little secret.It would have been his way of enjoying himself as he excelled in both his careers.So the little free time he had got before his entrance results were out he came up with the perfect plot for his first novel.Due to his excitement, unable to hold himself Jean would often let his mind wander trying to come up with ideas for the plot while studying.Very often did his mother caught him red-handed which resulted him in getting scolded during the act of scribbling.But this was still not enough to stop him from his endeavours.

Cautious as he was, he finally managed to put down his ideas and prepare a draft for his novel all at the same time as he studied for the entrance.Gradually, as his schedule grew hectic by the day he had to put his project on hold deciding to edit it later.

Hence, after all was said and done that was what he had planned so that he could make his debut into the webnovel industry as a webnovel author.

11