Chapter -3
84 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter - 3

".....Uh... Your Highness,...if you are not feeling well we can just postpone the outing...."

Walking towards Darrion Jean raised his brows,

"What is it? 

Didn't you say you will keep me company while we are out? Why are you saying otherwise now?"

"I-it's not like that. I was only worrying about your health sire."

Jumping up and down Jean said, "Well, as you can see I am fine enough.

Lets go!"

Passing by Darrion with dark circles clear under his eyes Jean entered the carriage.

With two fine wooden wheels at either sides, the exterior looked quite stylish. In the modern world it could be compared to the luxurious cars which was an impossible dream for him.

Inside the carriage as he sat there, Jean carefully observed the intricate design and the seats too looked quite comfortable. Making himself home he motioned for Darrion to enter after him which most probably made the latter tensed at the gesture.

"I can't, sire. My seat is not here.If you need something hing you can just summon me anytime."

Tactically avoiding his master's kindness (which was a bit too abrupt for him) Darrion made his way to his original place.

Even if his master is trying to show him such kindness he cannot just accept it like that.He is well aware that this will be taking advantage of the latter so he had to deny his master's orders even when he wishes otherwise.

Sighing at his helplessness he moved forward.

Back inside the carriage Jean looked at his outstretched palm.Taking it back he sat down when the carriage started moving. And just when he was starting to get lost in his thoughts, the gruff voice of the coach driver sounded from  ahead, "Your Highness, where should we head to?"

'A good question.' Jean thought.

He now realised that when he made plans for today's outing he hadn't mentioned the venue.

Pausing for a few seconds he said aloud, "Goodswell Street, take us there".

"Hiyah!", with a shout the coachman picked up the reins as the carriage caught on speed.

Jean leaned back on his seat as the scenary outside continued to change.

After about an hour later they finally reached a town. Their party entered through a pair of gates made of stone carvings. Its inscriptions amazed Jean so much so that he couldn't take his eyes off them as the carriage moved ahead gradually leaving the gate behind with each passing second.

As he peered out of the windows Jean saw the town coming to life as children chased each other and the adults were busy with their jobs and whatnot.The shops were just opening their shutters as the shopkeepers prepared to welcome their customers and start a new day.

Sliding the small wooden slid Darrion pipped in notifying him , "Your Highness, We will shortly stop for breakfast please be prepared."

Humming in response Jean straightened his clothes as he prepared to get up when the carriage slowly came to a halt before what seemed like a restaurant.

Jumping out of his seat Jean attracted the attention of many but he was careful and thoughtful enough to be dressed in plain clothing prepared by the servants and also a bit of a disguise in the form of his blonde wig.

Even Jean, a 21st century man was surprised to see its effect when the morning crowd slowly withdrew their gazes instantly losing interest in the stranger.

.

.

.

*Tling Tling

The small bell of the door chimed as soon as the party of newcomers entered. And like any other place of business the manager immediately greeted them with his usual professional  smile beckoning them to take their seats and order whatever they wished to.

'*Sigh He sure has a good eye ah~'

Jean couldn't help but praise such a person because even when he was under a disguise at the moment it didn't take long for this Manager to see through his charade. 

**Author's Note - I am literally out here bashing my brain hard to come up with the next scenarios 😭.Hope you enjoyed the chapter 😉.

6