Chapter – 10
32 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter -11

"How much longer?" Dead beat, Jean was hanging by just a thread until he collapsed right this moment.

"Hang in there for a few more minutes my lord.Look the Grand Duke's palace is right ahead."

Sitting beside him Darrion meticulously helped relieve his exhaustion by providing tea and fanning him non-stop.

Inside the carriage where Jean had at some point of time crawled in was now crowded. Emile who was previously the only person inside was forced to be squeezed in with this master-servant duo who just for the world's sake won't stop fussing about either the weather being too hot or the bumpy roads and chattering constantly without a stop!! 

Emile : "..."

Fortunately Emile's sufferings soon came to an end when their procession of 50 or so people passed through the huge gates of the Grand Duke's territory. And strangely enough, much to Emile's surprise, he found that the dead pig of a person who was groaning and complaining just a few seconds ago come back to life like a wilted flower revived with full vitality.

No sooner when the parade reached its destination Jean immediately jumped down from within the carriage.

While the rest of the knights and servants were helping and leading away the horses the servants of the Duke also joined in, the knight-captain and a few of the higher ranking ones followed behind the prince.

As the child and the heir of the Ducal Household it was necessary for Justus to be at the very front.

The small group of people following his tail finally came face-to-face with the family.They were currently standing right at the threshold and first person to greet them was none other than the Duchess, Justus' mother.

Having not seen her son such a long time made her forget etiquette (not that anyone was willing to nitpick).

As soon as Justus stood in front of her she tightly wrapped her thin arms around him engulfing him in her warm embrace.

Such a show of motherly love made everyone go soft in their hearts and no one dared to disturb their moment.

Once she have had enough of hugging her dear son Duchess Mireigh slowly cupped her son's always stoic face in her palms.Her joy had no bound, not knowing whether to smile at her baby's return or mourn at her son's misery.

It was no secret just how much the Duchess cherished and loved her precious child.Her father was a Baron and as the fourth child among her six siblings she was at most times neglected.Her muteness also played a part in her lonely childhood. 

While her other siblings were doted upon and praised for even the slightest of achievements she would just silently sit and be happy for them.Even when all of them came of age during the same time all of the attention went to her confident and beautiful sisters while her handsome brothers stole the lights of every party.She as always remained just a shadow in the background. 

So years later after she found her love with the Duke they got married without delay and it was then that she vowed to herself that no matter what happens she will always love her child and husband like no other and won't let them feel the lack of familial care and love.

She was a proud mother of a son who excelled in whatever he put his hands on with a bright future ahead and a wife of the person she loved, who was equally excellent and powerful.

But who knew fate will play such a joke on them.Her once prodigal son is now nothing more than someone's concubine.

And that person has the audacity to stand right in front of her.

'So what if he is a prince? This bastard of a person can't even compare to the dust of her son's feet.'

The Duke was currently busy greeting the prince so she was unable to vent her grievances to him. Mom Duchess took Justus by the hand and signalled him to let them know that he will be coming with her.

Following her instructions Justus helplessly walked up and whispered into his father's ears who was busy entertaining the prince.

"Father, please excuse my intrusion but I will be keeping mother company.Can you take care of them ? "

"Why not ? go ahead I will have them settled down. Your mother have been wanting to 'speak' with you. You should reassure her."

"Will do." 

Having his father look after the guests Justus returned to his mother.

*clack

It is now almost evening.They had set foot in "Lanchoii" just this morn and by the time Justus came out of his mother's chambers it has turned dark.

It was because the Duchess won't let him off the hook with all her concerns and worried questioning.And that she couldn't speak and can only use sign language to communicate took a lot of time.But Justus being Justus was very patient with his mother.He has always been.In front of her he is always the docile and obedient son.

If Jean were to be present to witness their conversation he would have been struck dumb by how much Justus would speak when with his close relations, completely unlike the person who usually treasured his words like gold.

To say that his talk with his mother didn't help relieve his stress would be lying because currently in front of his mother's doors Justus was smiling.Even if it was not so obvious it was still their.That smile was so gorgeous that his always cold face was now like a blooming flower after the passing of a dreadful winter, melting away all the snow from the land.

"Ack "

Little Julia was blinded by her brother.The second child of the Duke and the Duchess, she is the apple of everyone's eyes.

The sudden voice interrupted Justus' thoughts.When he followed the source of it he came across his younger sibling peeking from behind the walls. Like her brother Julia too had blue orbs for eyes but not as brightly shining as her older brother. She unlike Justus inherited their mother's brunette shade which went very well with her eyes.

"How have you been Julie? Everything alright?"

Kneeling beside her he beckoned her to come out and hugged her.She with her nimble arms easily cuddled in his embrace in a restless childly manner.

She has always been jumpy for a lady from a noble house.

With a hearty laughter, "I am doing great its only that I missed you a lot. Miss Blare just won't allow any slack, it's annoying."

"Annoying but it is very much for your own good My Lady."

The sudden voice stiffened her as Julia was leaving her brother's embrace.Slowly she looked behind her to find her teacher pacing towards them.

Miss Blare has been instructing the young girls on how to be a proper Lady for many a years.At 37 she was still unmarried and it didn't look like she will be any time soon.

" My warm regards to the young lord on your return home.Hope you don't mind witnessing little miss's unladylike conduct."

" Mhmm... thank you for your warm greetings Miss Blare and I surely not mind my very own sister.I believe it is only better if such formalities are left for the strangers, as family it is normal to show familial affections without restrain.

Be a bit more lenient with her training l, Miss, will you?"

"Haha... Of course I will do as told Young Sir. But little Miss here makes it difficult for me to follow these words." With a light chuckle she cast a mischievous glance at the little girl hiding behind her brother's waist.

Realising that she was about to be exposed Julia tugged at his shirt, "Brother don't listen to her.

Oh! Father has been waiting for you in the dining hall. Everyone's been waiting.Lets go quick! "

The hospitality of the Duke is no joke.As sson as they arrived from their days long journey everyone in the Prince's travel party were sent to their assigned rooms to get refreshed before the dinner. Jean too was led towards his chambers which he will be using during his stay.After a full couple hours of sleep Jean regained his energy.Darrion was given a small room adjacent to his own room with a door at the side of the wall as a separation.

A dozen or so servants were also sent to assist him but he refused. Darrion was already enough to help him out since he was more comfortable with doing stuff himself. 

Right now Jean was standing facing the mirror while Darrion helped him tie up his collars.

 

"All done!" Patting on his Highness's shoulders Darrion smiled at his master.

"Your highness?" But seeing that there was no response he softly called out to

 Jean.

"Oh! umm- Good work Darr what's next?" breaking form his trance he absentmindedly gave a response but of course couldn't fool his closest attendant.

Sighing at the suspicious gaze of Darrion Jean can now only speak the truth, " I am really nervous about this meeting you know.Now I get how grooms feel when they first meet their in-laws. Haha."

"I am sorry I can't help you with your worries my lord.I such a fool who only knows how to do manual jobs." Darrion wholeheartedly wished to lessen his master's burden but his intellect won't allow him to do more than look after his lord's daily necessities.

"Stop looking down upon yourself ah~ Come now we can't delay and keep people waiting for us." Jean knows fully well how this boy looks up to his master.His character design was that which followed

 the basics of loyalty without question. He can only wish that this young lad can have a bit more confidence in himself.

#AUTHOR'S NOTE- Exams were keeping me from updating more.(It's still not over yet🥲)

4