Chap 10- KOBOPUNKS!!
471 6 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chap 10- KOBOPUNKS!!

________

{Z-City; 04:23 p.m }

 

*Clack*

 

*Clack*

 

The sound of a small rock can be heard coming from a parking lot full of old cars that seem to be halted there for a long time already, their metal was already starting to change to a more copper-like color.

 

*Clack*

 

It continues, like a beat, it doesn't stop, and getting a closer look we can see in the middle of the said parking lot, a small girl, about 140 cm tall, with light-blue long hair that by the end of her fringes that look to be shaped like waves change to a white color.

 

She is kicking up a small rock from one foot to the other, not letting it fall down, she's waiting for someone and while doing so she got bored and started doing this.

 

*Clack*

 

*Clack*

 

She has been kicking the small rock for a while now, at first it hurt a bit her feet to kick it up, she even frowned for a second but then the next second she kicked it again and was like she just kicking the air, so she kept going and by now she was already on her thirtieth kick up.

 

*CLACK!*

 

Throwing it up with a little bit of too much force so it was shot above her head and was going to fall behind her, though she moved her left leg back a little, kicking it back up with the back of her foot, tossing it back above her head to be in front of her again.

 

It was something rather impressive, she has been playing and doing similar tricks for a while now, too much TV was seemingly teaching her stuff even she didn't know she knew.

 

*BAMM!!*

 

As she played around with her pebble, a loud noise of a door banging open with tremendous force came from a place that looked to be an old condominium by the side of the parking lot she was in.

 

She even looked toward it while tilting her head to the loud noise, and for a second stopped the small pebble above her left foot, so she could resume her score later.

 

" Wut... was dat?"

 

Tilting her head back and forth trying to see where the sound came from didn't help much, but the steps that were coming downstairs did, her eyes got an even more curious shine as multiple thugs with different hair colors were walking down the stairs with weapons ranging from baseball-Bats to knives.

 

They were going downstairs with crazy numbers that you would ask how did they not trip down, or how there were so many people up there, to begin with?

 

As all of them got down, they formed a circle around her, there were about one hundred thugs with different weapons and hair colors, their style of clothing and hair were just your basic punks, with spiked hair and some jackets that were torn in some places.

 

But one called Kobo's attention, his upper face looked like a fish, and his choice of clothing was one of those sadomasochistic ropes and a black latex thong.... She didn't know that, and it would be better if never did, she just thought they were funny, but she did point a finger at him while blinking confusedly.

 

" Why.... do u look like those thingies Saitamachi fries on da pan?"- With an innocent voice, she asked a question that had immediate repercussions.

 

All the punks around her got irritated at the brat for making fun of their boss, which is not the best choice as some small cyan sparkles flicked around her.

 

The guy himself had his eyes ticking a few times too, he moved his hands while shaking behind his...suit,  and brought them back while holding a very long black whip with some spikes along it.

 

*PAAM!!!*

 

Moving his right hand that was by its handle, the Fishman smiled like crazy.-" Ohh~ I will pay back for the humiliation you made me pass~ last time you little brat~!"

 

While saying that in a very cringe voice that sounded like he was without breath the entire time, he only got the blue kid in front of him to put the hand she was pointing to him under her chin as she closed her eyes trying to remember something.

 

But after going through all her small memory, she didn't find anything involving a fish like him, so while shrugging with both arms while opening her eyes.-" Who ar'e u again? *scratches cheek* Kobo can't rememba...."

 

Scratching her right cheek with her right arm, she was genuinely looking confused while staring at the abomination holding the whip, said one was even sniffing the air a few times for some reason, and squinted his eyes staring at the small girl.

 

" Hmm~ Now I understand~ You hide your true form while being in another's territory! That apparency of yours must be a farce too, isn't it~ You can hide your real self, but your scent can't be!!!"

 

*USHHH!!*

 

Not wanting a second more, he moves his right arm back at a pretty decent high speed and whips it forward, with the black whip moving towards Kobo's face.

 

The girl herself was raising her arms and sniffing herself under her armpits, and tilting her head to the side causing the whip to miss completely, she raises her left hand and catches the whip.

 

"*raises brow* Kobo bathed today... Wut u mean?"- She was holding the end of the whip so casually, that you wouldn't think the other end that started the motion was trying like crazy to push it back.

 

He was trying with all his strength to push his weapon back, just to slide in place, but it was useless, her hand didn't even flinch at his efforts, if only he knew that his actions so far only strengthened the one in front of him.

 

Kobo was casually holding the whip, waiting for her answer,  but he didn't seem to even be willing to give her, that got her a little annoyed and so she rose her arm while holding his weapon up above her head, just to turn around whipping around the whip with her whole body.

 

*VUUSH!!!*

 

*Multiple grunts*

 

And in one motion as she spun around the whip that was still being held by the other end half-Fishman, she trashes around half of his forces scattering them around the ground of the parking lot, she whipped it in a half-moon action, which got half of them, sending most of them flying, while others gained cuts over their bodies from how hard the whip hit them.

 

The leader himself was above one of the cars with his eyes white and foam going out of his mouth.

 

Kobo's action threw him so fast that he didn't have time to process anything, and when he noticed everything was already black in his vision.

 

One thing they all shared was the force behind the hit they took, it was enough to faint all of them on impact, be it from pain, or hitting their heads too hard.

 

*Thud!*

 

Letting the whip fall down, she turned to look at the other thugs that were left, they had grimaces all over their faces seeing half of their forces being taken out like that, but they were still part of their proud gang! And so they raised their weapons and rushed forward aiming to get some revenge on the small girl.

 

"YOU BRAT YOU WILL PAY FOR DOING OUR BOSS LIKE TH-*PAAAM!!* UUUUGHH!!!"

 

*BOOM!!*

 

A blue mohican haired punk trying to cut her with a military knife bolted to her first, but when he was going to do the cutting motion, Kobo jumped up with a spinning right side-kick to the side of his face, sending him flying through one of the park's walls.

 

The one who kicked him away, still had that pebble in her left foot, talk about balance, and while she was still in the air she kicked it up a bit as she fell down back to the ground.

 

*Thud~*

 

Falling like a superhero she quickly got up again and brought her right leg all the way back, ready to kick something, and right in time the small pebble fell in front of her, and it lined perfectly with where she wanted.

 

" Kobo!!!! Goaaaal!!!! *BOOM!!!*"

 

Kicking the small rock aiming for the closing-in thugs with enough speed that when she kicked the small rock it was like she fired a bullet out of a handgun, she was in for a good score with that kick.

 

"UUUUGHH!!"

 

"AAOUUUOHHHH!!"

 

"EEEHHHHOOHHH!!"

 

One, two, three, four.... those who were lined in that direction she kicked the pebble were being pushed back like nothing, forming a row of different colored punk-heads.

 

*CRASSH!!*

 

Like magic, a row of ten punks was sent to one of the still intact walls, cracking it as all of them fell down, completely passed out, the first one who was hit the with pebble fell down, and the small rock fell from his chest that now had a hole in his clothing, leaving a purple mark where she hit.

 

But it was not over yet as more of them approached shouting angrily, but this wasn't a situation Kobo would ever worry about, she moved so fast to them that it was like she teleported around the place.

 

They were feeling anger towards this brat who was making their organization look like a joke, and that was their mistake, fueling her powers even more once again.

 

* * * BAMM!!* * *

 

Going on a rampage,  Kobo drop-kicked a punk in the chest, and while doing so she used her already footing into his chest to shoot towards another one to head but his stomach.

 

She touched the ground for a second, smiling innocently like she is playing her favorite game.

 

And for herself.

 

She is.

 

Kicking up out off the ground again to appear in front of another one's face that she would throw a right push kick to his face, sending him flying back without a trace of him left where he was standing a second before.

 

This continued, as the same pattern continued, Kobo was using drop kicks most of the time, for her small body it was a pretty effective move, and so she pinballed around kicking their asses, appearing in front of them to kick and trash them away like ragdolls.

 

That was until the last one, which Kobo was going to try and see if she could beat her high score of the furthest one she had sent flying....

 

*Thud*

 

But this last one, a red-haired punk with a mohawk, passed out without her even touching him, she even took a closer look by crouching down and poking him a small wooden stick she found by the side.

 

"Heii! U ded? *pokes* Heeeei! Hmm.... Dumb guy... no fun....."- Tossing the stick away, she walked to one of the old cars, and jumped above it, laying down on its roof, watching the clouds.

 

..... Acting like there weren't bodies everywhere around her.....

 

On the condominium, one of the doors opened and a black-haired man with a green running track with a small bag exited, closing said door behind him.

 

*click* -" *Sigh* Now we just need to...."- Turning around, Saitama was presented with a sea of bodies everywhere, inside the concrete walls of the parking lot, some even inside the old cars, everywhere he looked he would at least see two thugs with colored hair.

 

And the culprit was laying above one of the cars, looking up, pointing at the clouds with her small hands, seemingly trying to catch them, a cute act for the scene that she probably caused.

 

He wasn't surprised, they all seemed to be normal punks, and he has seen Kobo punching monsters to nothing, they were weak, yes, but monsters were still way more potent than some untrained humans, and he knew that by experience.

 

Taking his eyes off the scenery for a second, he missed a black wall-like portal opening above the skies, exactly where the girl was watching the clouds pass by, she sawn three flashes before they entered another wall-like portal with the same color.

 

Raising her upper body with both hands helping her by each side, stars shined in her eyes as the black portal appeared, and as they disappeared her excitement did so too.

 

"Dats strange...maybe Saitamachi knows something? Hmm.... Gonna ask!"

 

*Thud*

 

Losing a bit of her excitement, she jumped from the rooftop of the car using her arms to push herself off, to the cracked concrete floor.

 

Landing on her feet she starts to jump towards the stairs that lead up the condominium housings, but as she was going to start climbing them, she saw the man himself already halfway down them.

 

Seeing the girl giving him a curious look, he smiled while waving slightly his free arm, while the other held a plastic bag.-" Everything's done Kobo, we can go..... but.... can you explain what happened there?"

 

Walking down the stairs entirely, he pointed his finger to the multiple bodies scattered around the place she was in a second before.

 

He received a look before she glanced at the place he was pointing, and got back to him, shrugging with both arms as she looked up at him.

 

" Dunno, those strange guys, and da fish tried to attack Kobo, Kobo just gave back- OH!! Saitamachi! Saitamachi! There was a blacky wall dat opened on da sky! Something made uuuush! Then it disappeared! Ya know somethin bout it?!"

 

Jumping a bit as she makes the sounds she heard coming from the portal as it disappeared, she pointed up to where she watched them open and close shortly after, the man who heard the question tried thinking about something.

 

But only one answer came to his mind.-" Probably a monster that opens portals? Could be that."

 

Humming, Saitama stretched his free hand forward for the girl as he just pushed the topic aside by being a monster that was running away or something, and as she took a hold of it, both started walking away from the place he lived for quite a good part of his life.

 

Jumping by his side forcing his arm to swing up and down, the girl was thinking about other things by now, like how she would get to her favorite ice cream shop quicker from her new home.

 

The small addition Saitama got into his life was humming random songs that she heard on her cartoons, talking about them, the house they found had a pretty large TV and the electricity still working, so it was a pretty big jackpot for them, he just had to clean the dust off everything, and they would be set.

 

As they walked through the streets, Saitama's black eyes gave the jumpy girl a look, he was thinking about how he would do the training he promised her, she used her powers again and seemly got super strong, but now her small hands seem as fragile as a regular child one.

 

He needed a way for her to channel that power to be used in an actual way that she would be able to keep it on at will, she isn't the strongest, but so far she did train with the lighter exercises he indicated her to do throughout his own training.... Well, she played around most of the time, so she rarely did them.

 

 But It at least helped her small body, but at best without her powers, she was just an above-average child in strength.

 

The level of amplifying her powers gave too, seemed to vary a lot too.....

 

*sigh*

 

It was a lot he had to help her with, the small head of the girl didn't seem to be that developed to be able to think about complicated things, he could put her into a school... but he feared Kobo would destroy the place if they didn't know how to handle her.

 

He himself sometimes has problems with her, like teaching her why she couldn't kill normal humans if they just annoyed her too much....

 

It was strange, a child like her shouldn't think of killing as being something so easy, but he put the blame again on the life he thought she had on the streets until recently.

 

But even with all this, he was still somewhat happy, she was proving to be able to take care of herself, he constantly needs to remember that he wouldn't be always there to help her, one-day Kobo might want to go out.

 

And he knows the world isn't a sweet place, being working normally, or fighting monsters, she might face ones she can't stand up to one day, and those are the ones he inspires to beat.

 

Every day of his training, pushing his body even further, not stopping, with an unmatched will, he wishes to get the power to be able to help her and others without having to worry about the 'can he?' part of things.

 

Continuously staring at Kobo while walking he shuffles around the pockets of his green jacket for a second with the hand he's carrying the bag with some stuff he needed and that belonged to him, one white shirt, a screwdriver, and some coins, and that was about it, others were just some spices and such.

 

Finding what he wanted, he brought out a piece of paper that had a drawing on it, what was drawn was very rough and childish, but you could tell it was a suit, A Superhero Suit to be specific, Kobo did it after watching an anime where they had these.

 

It was about a green broccoli that ate hairy fruit and turned human, and now he wanted to be a hero, but he was very sensitive and was bullied a lot for being a broccoli.... strange? yes, it's a children's show, so the 'making sense part isn't needed as they only want to see entertaining cool things.

 

The drawing was super messy, but Saitama could still get the design she made for him, the yellow suit with some white details and collar zipper, an long white cape, he did find it a bit embarrassing, but he was really considering having it be created, he knew an old friend that could help him, the same one that regularly helps him with his green running track.

 

Though that was for later, putting the paper gently back into his pocket, he looked back to where they are walking to, passing by some stores, Kobo still jumping slightly...

 

' She really developed her own walking technique to keep up with me huh... could slow down for her..... But she seems to be having fun, so who cares?'

 

Walking through the streets that had seen better days,  the two of them walked past multiple stores of different varieties, and the people who were close by would steal a glimpse of the two and smile at the cute scene.

 

For them, the two were a brother and sister going around, some of them were even worried about what would happen if a monster attacked them, but we know if they did, they probably wouldn't have time to even process they died.

 

There were also some other people who knew the two of them, a lady that sells Kobo's favorite ice cream flavor, Neapolitan, even gave one free to her, Saitama was going to pay for it but the lady declined saying it was a small gift for Kobo.

 

And so sighing he waved her goodbye and the two of them got back on their way as Kobo now had and cone of ice cream, which she even raised close to Saitama's chin with her hand being stretched all the way up and her feet tiptoeing.

 

" Hmm... *munch*... Hmm... thanks Kobo, but you can have the rest.... "- Taking a small bite the girl got back to her normal stance, holding his hand in one of hers, and her snack in the other.

 

"Umm*nods*"- And with nothing but a hum she got back to licking and chomping down onto it.

 

The trip was somewhat short and they were just walking, the sky was starting to gain an orange coloration signaling the day would be ending in the next two hours or so, but when it started to do they were already in front of their home with Saitama pushing his sleeves up and wrapping a white cloth around the lower half of his face.

 

Before patting Kobo with a few taps to her head, forcing her to close an eye instinctively.-" Kobo, I will be done in half an hour or so, I will go all out!"

 

*FUSH!!!*

 

And like that, he disappeared with a strong wind blowing on his location, pushing the small girl's long hair back, flying around like crazy for a second.

 

The next second she understood he disappeared she started hearing a bunch of noises coming from inside the house and looking up to the balcony she could see a green flash running around inside it.

 

She blinked a few times before taking a few steps back and jumping backward, landing on top of something metallic, the small white truck that was stationed in front of the house.

 

Kicking her legs back and forth by its rooftop edge, she closed her eyes, just hearing the sounds of war happening in their new house.

 

Her chest raised just to fall slowly, softly breathing as she felt the breeze of the air that circulated around the destroyed part of the town.

 

Enjoying the chill, as she needed to kill time, and was already pretty tired from playing with those guys earlier today.

 

*Flinch*-" Wut....*open eyes* Kobo feel somethin...."

 

Looking around like she was searching for whatever she felt, her eyes fixed on a figure far away from where she was, it was like a black dot sitting on the sidewalk of a far away street from where she was, and as curious as she is.

 

*Thud*

 

She jumped from the truck and started walking slowly towards it, the thing or being intrigued her, it was like she felt his body was so dark it absorbed light, but it didn't affect him at all, just a black dot in the distance.

 

As she walked closer after a five-minute walk, the being got more detailed and it was even darker now that she sawed it close, he was even smaller than her, and he was looking back directly at her with... a white apathetic face with black sclera and white dots for eyes.

 

Confused,  she walked forward, seeing a pigeon walking around some bread in front of him.-" Ohhhh! Dats a chicken?!"

 

The white-faced man glimpsed back to the pigeon and put one of his void-black hands under his chin.-" I thought about it too, but it's more like a fish? Like those fluffy things around its body, aren't they just scales?"

 

The blue kid walked by his side and lowered her body, resting her hands by her knees as she observed the pigeon walking around eating the bread.

 

" Now dat u say dat... It's eyes are bulging... it may be fish.... but, fish can't fly, can it?"- Now it was Kobo's turn to rest her hand under her chin.

 

Two very intelligent individuals analyzed the small poor bird, and like he had an awakening, the white-faced small man grinned.-" Some can! I saw ones that were picked by a monster friend of mine, and they would be carried up, they're flying,  don'tcha think?"

 

"Ooooh! Umumu! Dats a guud one... But!*Cheeky smile* Fish can't live outside watah!"

 

His eyes widened, and his face frowned as he got back to thinking, and after a few seconds, he nodded.-" Good point.... Yea, but I still think they're related to them somehow...."

 

Their philosophical talk continued for another few minutes, their points would hit like two rocks.... creating a sparkle that didn't have anything to do with actual facts.

 

"I know! I know! How bout Air Fish! They can fly and have dat fluffy scales!"- Hitting one last one, Kobo seemed to gain a slight out smile from the guy, and while resting a hand by his hips he stood up pointing at the pigeon, who by now was just staring at them.

 

"Then we shall call these things Air Fishes! *Bep!* Tsk, they're calling me, I was having a philosophical moment here...*sigh*...  Cya around wavy hair, try to stay away from the hero guys."- Getting up he looked at his wrist, a white watch that Kobo didn't see before was there.

 

After saying that he started walking to one of the alleyways, and Kobo waved him goodbye.

 

" Bai bai blackie!"

 

"KOBO!!! I AM DONEEE!!!"

 

An loud shout came from her house, and she knew it was already time for her to try her new cavern.

 

So she gave one last wave to the one who was already far away inside one of the alleyways she saw him enter and then started jumping back home.

 

"COMMMIIIIIINN!!!!"

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

_______;

{ A-City; Close to the Hero's association HQ; 06:51 p.m }

 

*knocking*

 

"You may enter."- An elegant voice can be heard from a wooden desk, where a woman with a very shapely body was sitting on a very comfortable and styled chair, her light-neon-green eyes were looking at the door in front of her.

 

She moved one of her petite arms to roll her short dark-green hair around in circles, she was doing her paperwork a second ago.

 

*Creaak*

 

"It better be important.... I still have some things to do Lily, you know we are full of extra jobs and also need to recruit some oth-"

 

"Ma'am Blizzard..... The association asked us to investigate a possible Middle-Rank Demon class monster.... He was seen to have pretty big capabilities, and even a carry rather big strength, said monster has been cleaning Z-City, and the association is fearing it going rogue any time soon with the strength it holds... they don't even know its appearance as of right now."

 

A short woman with black hair in a short ponytail bows slightly as she enters the room, her voice carrying seriousness and tension, she also had a single fringe of white hair going forward by the side of her face.

 

She was < Lily of the three section staff; Hero, Rank 94 B-Class >, and she was also the green lady's secretary.

 

Going back to her, she didn't like being cut, but as she listened she understood why her secretary did so.-' This may be A-Rank work... but they are just requesting an investigation? Maybe those A-Ranks refused thinking an investigation was not worth their time because of how long they normally are huh?

 

Well...*smile*, We can be the ones to catch it and rise even further then!'

 

Grinning as she spun her hair in circles on her fingers she thought about the possibility of them raising even further the ranks, she was still climbing them, very fast, but she was still Rank 5 by now, the other four would climb to A-Rank very soon for all she knew.

 

Leaving her with the number one spot in the B-Class very soon.

 

" We are going! *stands up* Get the others, we are leaving in half an hour, investigations take time, but if a monster with this level of threat is lurking around we may need to find it quickly before it causes too much damage...."

 

Standing up her white fluffy cloak floated behind her slightly, giving a pretty nice contrast to her dark-green dress, her steps followed by small clicks on the wooden floor could be heard as she exited the room.

 

Her feet were wrapped in one of her favorite high-heeled black boots, making an even better sound on the floor, that was glistening clean.

 

Behind her the secretary that just delivered her announcement was now with multiple papers in her arms, reading them, probably more work than they let slide.

 

As she walked through the office she sawn more and more of her man getting ready, they knew the second she step exits like this normally signifies work.

 

Passing by multiple desks she exited the luxurious building she was in, and we see that she was inside a hotel with multiple apartments,  going high up to the forty floors or so, and entered a black limousine, Lily did the honors and opened it for her.

 

"Thanks, Lily."- And thanking her with a small nod she got an accent in her seat, and crossed both legs elegantly, not even five seconds later her driver and secretary were already entering after her.

 

Lily had a bottle of champagne in one hand, and in the other a cup for the green lady to drink, giving the cup to her as the limo started, she poured a drink to the green hero and laid back on her seat waiting.

 

After getting her drink she looked at it for a second before drinking, and when she lowered her cup she smiled a bit remembering something.-" Ouh~ I may be able to find Kobo-chan, maybe I get her a gift! She likes playing around that park when we were after the monster that run by there, what do you think Lily?"

 

" I think the small girl would appreciate it a lot, ma'am.''- A short answer before she got picked some papers to read once more.

 

Spinning her glass around she smiled, she met Kobo in a very casual way, the bluehead was jumping around while Saitama was training, and caught Fubuki levitating a phone in front of her.

 

Their interaction was pretty cute, as the taller woman asked if she needed something, and Kobo just innocently asked how was she floating the 'thingy', her energy quickly hit off on Fubuki.

 

And so she started floating rocks and random things around smugly while Kobo had stars in her eyes and clapped her hands in surprise, she played with the girl for half an hour, floating her up with her powers and watching the wave kid laugh while spinning.

 

It was a nice break for her at the time, she was already super stressed about not finding that monster that could have potentially killed multiple people, and so right after she said her goodbyes she hunted him even faster wanting to preserve the kid's life and other civilians.

 

She even asked if she was alone, but she seemed to be with her brother with the way she called him, she even pointed at him, Fubuki nodded not really caring much but she did pay him respects for trying to get stronger, he probably wanted to protect the small girl, and she appreciated that.

 

"*whispers* A healthy sibling relationship huh....."- Spinning her glass around she looked outside as they exited the city, entering the road to Z-City.

 

"*Sigh* I guess I will think about a good present for her, we probably will be staying around there for a while so I have time, we better rent a good place too."

 

As she was saying that she took a sip of her glass, meanwhile Lily was already on her phone searching for somewhere good for them to stay while their investigation took place.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

              

 

 

 

 

 

HAPYY NEW YEAARRRRRRR YEEEEEEEEE

24