Volume 1—Snake Reincarnation: Rise of a Nation—Chapter 8: New Function
183 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meanwhile, above the hole...

 

All four snakes were in a panic. Their leader had fallen into an unknown place, and they had no clue if she was still alive.

"What are we going to do without our leader!?" Yellow cried.

Big paced back and forth before the hole, "calm down, I'm sure she's fine."

"You seem more nervous than the rest of us! Why don't you stop pacing like that?" Runt asked.

Besides those three, Snail was lying down before the hole and had not moved since then. He was like a lost puppy waiting for its owner to return.

Honestly, they would be nothing without their leader. White was the only one who could help them become more robust. Without her guidance, they'd surely perish.

"What are we going to do if the Leader is dead?" Yellow asked in a panic.

"Don't say such scary things!" Big snapped. His pacing became more panicked.

Back Inside the hole

I do want to become stronger, and at some point, I'd have to get used to eating things that will help me do so,

"I reject your refusal!" She snaps.

She's giving me no choice in the matter. "Come on. It'll be over before you know it." She urges.

I blinked and found myself standing in front of the case, "what? But..."

"No more thinking, only swallowing. I don't have much time left."

I stared at the case, but there was no way I could swallow that whole! "Oh right, let me prepare it for you."

The case suddenly opened, giving me better access to the body. I can't accept the reality of my situation. Why must I do this?

Without Leo, will I be able to use that skill? I guess I'll find out after this.

I closed my eyes because I didn't want to watch myself eat the old lady, so here goes!

 

[Activating Skill; Skill Gluttony!]

 

Oh, it works! So even without Leo, I can activate my skills. I learned something new today.

 

[Successfully inherited the Will of a Grand Sorceress!]

 

[Because the host is weak, only 0.01 percent of the will can be inherited.]

 

[Obtained new skills!]

 

[Obtained the Blessing of a Grand Sorceress!]

 

[A new Evolution obtained!]

 

[Evolution blocked!]

 

[Level was too low!]

 

I opened my eyes and found no signs of the body, so only the shadow remained, "thank you! I finally found a successor. I hope one day we can meet again!"

The shadow faded into nothingness. The space I was in cracked, and a dark cave appeared where it used to be.

 

Admin Leo: [Master!]

 

It was as though he had been calling me for a while now.

Leo! It was great to hear his voice after some time.

 

Admin Leo: [It's great to see that Master is fine. After losing connection with you, I almost went delirious trying to get through the barrier blocking our contact.]

 

It looks like I was right. It must have something to do with that Grand Sorceress!

I should get out of this place before discovering what I gained from inheriting that will. 

Leo, what's the way out of here?

 

Admin Leo: [Searching for an exit...]

 

A few minutes later...

 

Admin Leo: [Master, I found the exit, but...]

 

Something told me I wouldn't like what he was about to say, "but..."

 

Admin Leo: [You have to make it to the end of this cave to find it.]

 

Yeah, I expected it wasn't going to be easy for me. I received a fantastic gift, so it makes sense if I face problems afterward.

So, what kind of monsters will I cross?

 

Admin Leo: [Yak Rats.]

 

Right, why did I even ask? The answer was obvious.

Leo, do I have any attack skills?

 

Admin Leo: [I'm glad you asked. I received a new function from God while out of commission.]

 

Admin Leo: [As long as Master goes, "Leo, check my status". Then I will bring up a visual of your stats for you.]

 

That does make things easier for me!

Then, Leo, check my status!

 

Admin Leo: [Checking Status...]

 

                                                        Status: 

 

                                      Name:  White (Temporary)

                                     HP:  230/230    Exp: 245/100

Race:

White Mamba Snake

Evolution Stage:

None

Level: Titles: None

 

Endurance: 5

 

Magic: 4

Strength:  3  Agility: 8
Intelligence:  10 Speed: 6

 

                                                         Skills:

Gatherer Skill: Rank F- With Rank F of the Gatherer skill, the host has the automatic appraisal ability to distinguish items that can be gathered. Only 1 percent of information can be disclosed at this time.

Architecture Skill: Rank F - With Rank F of the Architecture skill, the host can build what they have in mind using the hammer that comes with it. This skill is limited to what resources are in sight. Light repairs and simple buildings are the only things the host can do.
Farmer Skill: Rank F- With the Rank F Farmer skill, the host can make four plots. If there is access to seeds, the host can use them to plant on these plots. Three tools are used for this skill.; A hoe, watering can, and sickle. This skill can be used for many things in farming.
Mining Skill: Rank F- With the F Rank mining skill, the host can dig up small ores, stones, and ground types such as sand, dirt, or mud. This skill uses the pickaxe or hammer and a mining locator to help the player see where to mine.
Leadership Skill: Rank F - The host can lead three individuals with the F Rank Leadership skill. It is being able to give commands with a 1 percent chance of boosting the morale of others.

 

"Extra Skills":

Skill Gluttony: Rank B - If the host eats a living being, then the host can have the chance to gain a random skill from the thing it eats. Whether it's a regular skill or an Extra Skill, there's a 48 percent chance of gaining a normal skill because of the high rank. And a 25 percent chance of obtaining an Extra Skill.
Diversity Language: Rank S - The host understands all languages in the world they live in. This pertains to lost language. The host can understand, speak, and even write languages from around the world.
Shadow Attribute: Rank F - The host can control their shadow with a disadvantage. Their shadow can only be used where there is light. Because the rank is low, the host cannot do anything beyond this.
Double Casting: Rank E - allows the host to cast two spells they obtain. With the host's low rank, only low-ranking spells can be used to double-cast them.
Enchantless Spells: NO RANK - The host does not need to chant spells out loud

 

Blessings:

Blessing From God: EX Rank - This Blessing is automatically equipped. The host has no leveling cap and is granted 2X the experience points. In the host's case, Evolution Stages only needs half of the experience points to move on to the next stage. This is what God would call the Hero's Blessing.

Grand Sorceress Blessing: EX Rank - Mana is limitless for the host and has access to all spells and sorcery. You must learn the spells to use them. This blessing is equipped, but the host can only use a small amount of mana, and only low-level spells and sorcery can be used once learned. Has to unlock the spellbook at level 5.

 

 

 

 

 

It's amazing!

After all this time, I can finally see my abilities! It even explains how they can be used. But darn, it's as I expected. Nothing here is useful other than the farming skill.

True, I could use my Skill Gluttony, but that would take almost as long as the farming skill. At this moment, learning a magic skill would be great. I guess I'll have to keep doing this the hard way.

But man, it's so exhausting! I want to go back to the modern world where life was less demanding.

No!

I may be a snake, but I don't mind being in this world full of fantasy life, I made friends faster than my twenty-nine human life ever did.

Right now, they're waiting for my return, so I have to get through this!

Farming skill, then Skill Gluttony to swallow them all whole. by the time I reached the end of this tunnel, I may even luckily evolve.

 

 

Admin Leo: [Master, the entrance is just up ahead!]

 

Thank God! I can finally get out of here! I pause for a bit when something caught my attention.

My gut was telling me that it was something bad.

If I look down, the small puddle was wobbly and the little rocks also seemed to be moving.

I turned to look down the dark tunnel I emerged from and squinted to see clearly what was heading my way.

Um, Leo? What're the chances there happens to be a Rat king?

 

Admin Leo: [Yak Rat King chances....calculation. Chance....is at zero percent.

 

[Warning, warning. Nearby threat approaching!]

Not a Rat King you say? Then what the hell is that?

 

6