Volume 1—Snake Reincarnation: Rise of a Nation—Chapter 2: Defeated Enemy
419 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A massive spider is attacking all the snakes in the vicinity. I'm royally screwed!

I found myself diving behind a dirt mound to hide from the enemy. It was here that I strategized on how to get past it.

I have five skills that I chose and two "Extra Skills" given by God. 

The two "Extra Skills" were Skill Gluttony and Diversity Language.

All the other skills I have chosen were survival skills like; the Farmer Skill, Gathering Skill, Architecture Skill, and Mining Skill.

That means the skill I could use in this situation was the "Extra Skill," Skill Gluttony.

It should work on that big fellow. Right?

Leo, what is this "Extra Skill, " Skill Gluttony?

 

Admin Leo: [Skill Gluttony: the skill to swallow all abilities by eating the target in question.]

 

 

Doesn't this mean I can eat that spider and obtain one of its skills?

I have to see how it works!

 

 

Admin Leo: [Would you like to use the "Extra Skill," Skill Gluttony?]

 

Yes! 

 

Admin Leo: [Activating "Extra Skill," Skill Gluttony.]

 

I noticed a strange magic circle appearing beneath me. It was green with a complicated design. 

When it disappeared, I noticed that my body had grown by a few feet, and I also grew fangs.

I was still a lot smaller than the spider, but thanks to my fangs, I might be able to live longer.

I came from behind the dirt mound to face the snake head-on.

There were three injured snakes and another snake that faced the spider. That snake facing the spider noticed me approaching and seemed to be sending me a signal.

With a nod, the uninjured snake dodged out of the way, and I came forward to face the spider.

I was still a bit shaken by the spider's massive build, but I couldn't back down no matter what.

I rushed towards the spider at full speed, which is comparably slow to many animals.

I dodged spider legs that came at me here and there until I slithered under the body to the back side of the spider.

I used my fangs to bite down on one of the spider's back legs.

The spider lets out a cry and tries to shake me off. It was already too late since I ripped off one of the back legs and swallowed it.

 

Admin Leo: [ 0.001% Bull Spider consumed using Skill Gluttony. Upon 100% consumption, Master will gain a new skill.]

 

What's this? It doesn't taste as bad as I expected. Is it because I'm a snake and spiders are a snake's food?

The spider was down to seven legs and was now unbalanced. Even so, it wasn't backing down, but neither was I.

We faced off like this for an hour until the spider was down to four legs and could no longer stay balanced.

 

Admin Leo: [ 0.20% Bull Spider consumed using Skill Gluttony.]

 

There's still a long way to go until I can reach a hundred percent. 

 

Admin Leo: [The Bull Spider is in a weakened state.]

 

Now! I should use this chance to immobilize it!

With that determination, I lunged for another one of the spider's legs which counter-attacked at the last moment.

The leg was an inch from impaling me in my body. It was a close call.

It was also an opportunity to get a hold of that same leg that came close to my face.

The spider was now struggling to stand up and could barely move.

 

Admin Leo: [The Bull Spider has no will left, please finish it off.]

 

If I want to gain a new skill, I'll have to eat the rest of the spider.

Here goes nothing!

 

Admin Leo: [ 0.40% consumption of the Bull Spider.]

 

A few minutes later

 

Admin Leo: [0.70% consumption of the Bull Spider.]

 

A few moments later

 

Admin Leo: [0.99% consumption of the Bull spider.]

Admin Leo: [Completion of consumption. Congratulations! Master has leveled up five times after consumption. One unique skill and one "Extra Skill" acquired!]

What's this? Did I gain two skills? 

 

Admin Leo: [Affirmative. Thanks to God's secret Blessing, Master will gain more experience from killing others.]

 

Wow, that God sure did overdo it.

"That was amazing!" I forgot about the other four snakes.

I finally got a chance to look at the snake still standing.

Now that I mention it, he had a darker shade of green scales. 

The other snakes and I had light-colored scales. I wonder if that's saying something?

I won't worry about it. For now, I should help wake the other snakes.

We approached the injured snakes. I saw that the injuries they bore weren't fatal.

"Let's find somewhere to rest that's less dangerous," I told the other snake.

He agreed while I checked my map for a place for us to stay.

I marked a place on the map close to what seemed to be a way out.

I think it would be best to let the other snakes rest so that they were fit to leave this burrow.

"We should get moving since the last thing we need is more surprises," I told him.

We split the injured snakes; he carried two snakes.

I carried the last snake until we reached the destination I marked on the map.

15