Chapter 7 – Cleaning the dungeon I
344 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An hour had already passed since I arrived at the guild, the site was incredibly large and there were many people. The majority were human while a minority could be seen to be dwarves, beastmen and elves, quite an unusual sight. Most of the time I was reading the concepts of the [Energetic Bullet].

Now that I think about it, Master Lucas didn't teach me this kind of thing, so it was almost all focused on history, economics, politics, and culture, adding things from other races.

In short, he didn't teach me anything practical about mana but told me to try to feel it in my body and if I couldn't, then it was useless to impart his mana knowledge to me, or rather, it was too much effort for what I would actually get.

Sure, that was years before I could figure out that I could somehow manipulate ambient mana he gave me some pointers and told me he'd think about it since it was something new even for him. While I was immersed in my thoughts…

"Handsome, you're new here, right? Are you looking for a group?"

A mature female voice reached my ears and before I could say anything they sat down at the empty seats at my table, this is the third time it has happened…

My eyes quickly moved to identify the people, the one who spoke to me was a mature human woman and she was accompanied by a dwarf and a beast girl with white bunny ears, all 3 of them were quite pretty.

Closing my book and looking at the woman who seemed to be the leader, I replied.

"Sorry, I'm already waiting for my group"

Usually, this site is used to search for groups, it is recommended to have a balance in the number of people in the cleaning group and that it usually consists of groups of 4 members. However, I had been waiting for an hour and it was impossible for them not to approach me, what was not normal was that the 3 times they approached me were groups composed of all women...

As I was perceived as G rank so it was only logical that I was the one to search and beg for a space. But these women who approach me don't even care about my rank to go looking for me.

'I guess I have to do something with my appearance?'

Not that it bothers me that a lot of women are looking for me, but if I continue this way it might bring me a couple of unnecessary problems.

Also, I've grown up with virtually no knowledge of many people so excessive attention just annoys me, and right now I'm getting a lot of envious, curious, or even flirtatious looks. Well, this topic will be something I'll think about later.

Looking surprised she gives me an apologetic look.

“oh, you don't need to worry, it's me who should apologize. What happens is that we saw that you were here alone and we thought that you were looking for a group, we have been looking for a warrior who can be in the front and there are not many women available who go in that role.

Then put a complicated expression.

"Besides, the men we've accepted only tend to annoy us."

The other two girls show bitter smiles, I guess it's not a lie. However, it is also not a lie that I am waiting for my group. But now, let's think about this again...

Considering that I probably won't dungeon every day with Veronica and her party, I might need a backup group or two if I want to dungeon more often, so...

“There is no need for an apology, I understand. Well, actually it is possible that I do not go to clean dungeons with my group very often, if you really need help we can exchange numbers since unlike my group I do clean dungeons frequently and it is likely that I will be looking for a group very often”

The human woman who seemed to be the leader of the group smiled at me.

“That would be great, we live by cleaning dungeons so we could use that help. My name is Sarah, they are Adelia and Elsa. How long have you been at this? Is that your sword?

They were quite happy so I guess her situation was really quite precarious, she told me her name before introducing her companions, the girl with bunny ears named Adelia while Elsa was the dwarf. They also asked about me and about Nihila who had bandaged her up as Wilson suggested the other day to avoid prying eyes.

“A pleasure, my name is Rafael. To be honest, I'm about to do my first dungeon and yes, it's the sword my father left me before he left."

They seemed surprised by my words, but they were not discouraged, at this point we had exchanged numbers and started talking about various topics until I received a message on my cell phone, it seems that Veronica and her cousin had already arrived. The other two members seem like they were already waiting here, but of course, I didn't know them and they didn't know me and there was no way I knew who they were.

I had to say goodbye to the girls indicating my reasons and without any problem, we parted ways.

It didn't take me long to find the group, there were different looks on their faces, Maria and the boy she seemed to be talking to seemed immersed in their world. The rest showed indifference towards me. Veronica came up to me.

“Okay, you're here now. Let's keep it short they are Nick and Robert; Guys, this is Raphael”

Nick who was fit with his green and somewhat long hair, wore a rather elegant reinforced leather-looking outfit and his weapon was a majestic-looking spear. On the other hand, Robert didn't look as fit but seemed quite capable, with blue hair and what appeared to be a sniper rifle on his back with two holstered pistols at his sides.

I raised my hand in greeting. However, neither of them returned my greeting… Robert remained indifferent while the other approached me and asked me in a serious tone.

"From the sword on your back, I judge you must be a warrior so I guess you have the armor put away, right?"

He briefly inspected my outfit, which was made up of a black tank top, black pants, and sports gloves… it's basically what I always wear to stay comfortable and light. I never used any kind of armor in my practices and they weren't mentioned by Wilson either, and I didn't see them as necessary either...

But the impatient face this guy is looking at me with makes me think that I should have brought one, but it's not like I was intimidated so I laughed mockingly and asked him.

“Oh, hehehe did I have to bring one?”

When Nick heard this I could see in real-time how an eyebrow began to rise with a clear vein coming out of his hundred, Robert pretended to be surprised while Veronica was already covering her face with her hand and Maria put on a tense smile. After a few seconds when he seemed to regain his composure, Nick spoke again.

"Forget it, we'll start with an F rank dungeon so make sure you stay in the back always..."

After that we went to the reception where we were attended by a very nice girl who took our group's data, then we moved to a room where we were received by a worker who guided us to one of the different platforms that were in the room. I had no idea what they were and because of the previous situation, I don't think they were going to explain it to me so I just followed them.

We all stood on one of the platforms, the worker started manipulating a tablet until the platform we were on started to glow to the point where you couldn't see anything anymore.

After a few minutes, we found ourselves in front of a cave in some forest, we were still standing on the platform and the light that was shining from it became dimmer. I could sense that it was some kind of portal.

Without delay we mobilized inside the cave, it took us 5 minutes to walk until light could be seen at the end of it. By the time we arrived there was a glimpse of another world, the cave was like a kind of connection between our world and this place.

“If all goes well, we should finish cleaning this site in 4-6 hours”

It was what Nick said as we walked to enter the vast terrain, curiously you could see some kinds of abandoned buildings in the distance, their architecture seemed quite old and different from those of our world.

But on top of that, it also had to be mentioned that there was incredibly abundant mana in the environment and it sounds perfect for practicing my mana manipulation.

I could only laugh to myself at the incredible convenience of the situation and from the rear, I asked the group with a smile.

"You don't mind me practicing my mana control while we clear this dungeon, do you?"

Veronica was the first to turn around and look at me with confusion before answering me.

"Are you kidding?"

At his comment, I only shrugged my shoulders without removing my smile and this time it was Nick who intervened.

"Let him do what he wants, it's not like we need his help anyway."

As soon as I heard that, I had to make an incredible effort not to burst out laughing and mock his comment with a provocation, it's not usual for me to have to hold back. But just this once... and in honor of not wanting to have enemies so early, I'll try to be a good person... However, I don't promise anything.

In that, Maria approaches me and speaks to me.

"don't worry, these things always happen the first time and they... will surely change their minds over time"

Oh, Maria, the cute girl with big breasts is quite kind. Unlike Veronica, Maria had beautiful, long, wavy hair. I remember that the first time we met she had been staring at me, but when I looked back at her I felt quite strange.

'maybe I'm just overthinking'

Thinking that I could only laugh to myself as I confidently gave her an answer.

“I am grateful for your concern, I will be fine”

He then winked at her which caused her to be surprised and run to Robert's side. He noticed her strange attitude and his head whipped around to see me frowning briefly before asking what had happened. And when no one was looking at me I shook my head in thought.

'This is pretty funny'

12