Chapter 20 – A slight change of plans
288 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After meditating on my options for half an hour, I finally decided to go for a rank D dungeon.

The reason for my decision was based on the fact that I had already done one of that range, with the such experience I thought I was capable enough to take it out on my own, also, even though I had a good time with the girls, I was always limited in what I could do. to do.

Why am I mentioning this?

It is clear that I have been holding back for a long time, although the practice dummies could put up good fights, this was already very different. This was real action that I've only ever seen in video games, plus I really have a lot of fun killing creatures, and on the other hand, with no one by my side, I can fight without restraint or regardless of my teammates.

Here I was alone, with no need to worry about anyone, with superhuman abilities and the ability to unleash hell if I wanted to.

My thoughts were certainly twisted, wanting to replicate what I see in games was not normal, although I bet I'm not the only one who would like to replicate something I've seen somewhere.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I proceeded to walk towards the guild reception to take a dungeon, but before I got there I noticed someone approaching me.

“What is a worthless person like you doing in this place?”

Funny, the guy who confronted me was Nick with an intimidating voice.

"After the mess, you made with Verónica's group, you wouldn't even have to show up here, no one would even think of integrating a piece of trash like you into their group"

He kept talking and spewing insults while remaining expressionless at her words, if he had any idea how wrong he is I'm sure he'd be foaming at the mouth with rage.

“Hahahaha, what happened? Did it hurt to look like a fool in front of his Family?”

I said mockingly, and yes, Wilson did tell me a bit about it, it's clear this guy should keep burning for it.

And of course, his gaze hardened and he started to get closer, from the path of his hands he had thought to grab me by the neck, but before he could do so a third voice entered the scene.

"Nick! What the hell are you doing? There is no time"

And like magic, Nick turned back to normal and left after giving me a death glare, I could briefly feel his killing intent.

I don't know the guy who called out to him, he seems to be someone from his team, he also had quite a strong appearance, and from what I can sense, he must be at least a B rank, pretty good for an adventurer.

In fact, I wonder what kind of things a guy like Nick must do on such a high-ranking team.

Could it be that they have him as a messenger?

That would be pretty funny, especially considering his arrogant personality, but hey…

What we come to

I was soon speaking to a receptionist on duty to select a dungeon, obviously as a matter of course asking about my teammates.

Of course, by showing him the permit he had, he gave him the answer to his question without the need for words.

The receptionist was slightly taken by surprise, but after taking my permission and checking it on the computer, he gave me the go-ahead to access the dungeon I had selected.

*** *** ***

My expedition began on flat ground, it was more accurate to say that the dungeon itself was a huge meadow.

I tried to feel any significant living being, however, I couldn't feel anything until maybe 3 hours later.

Frankly, I was already getting desperate, I went in looking for action and ended up walking in a fucking prairie.

The sun here was similar to the one in my world, and I mention it because, although the previous dungeons were the same, I was told that there could be exceptions between dungeons as well.

Such as finding worlds with 2 or 3 suns, really weird things, but not impossible.

Regarding what I had been able to feel, they were like 5 creatures that, when I got closer, I soon identified them as Goblins.

Since the surprise factor is not among my options, I headed toward them equipping Nihila on my right hand and preparing to charge as usual for me.

In contrast, the goblins who began to hear my footsteps, searched with their gazes until they found me, one of them quickly mounted some kind of boar and blew a horn.

'That doesn't look good…'

I briefly thought, all of them were E-Rank, and few were D-Rank with a notable difference in size from the rest, but in a matter of seconds I was already completely surrounded by more than 30 to 40 goblins.

These bastards weren't particularly strong, instead, their strength comes from numbers and their excellent teamwork.

The battle began when two of them on wild boars charged toward me.

I put Nihila back on my back and in a blink, she had disappeared from the place where she was standing.

Launching like a bullet over the rider of one of the boars, I grabbed and deflected the goblin's spear with my left hand before slamming my right hand into his chest causing him to fly with me due to the force with which I was propelled.

Falling to the ground and the stunned goblin below me, I used his own spear to impale his head on the ground.

"One less…"

The boar he was riding was lost among the plains as it lost its rider while the other boar-mounted goblin turned to see what had happened.

The goblins were unfazed by what they had just witnessed, either they are very idiots, or they sure still have confidence that they can beat me.

"Well... who's next?"

*** *** ***

The battle lasted about 4 hours, but it wasn't fun at all.

Why?

Simple, because between the sheer number of enemies and how ridiculously annoying they turned out to be, I spent my time dodging everything thrown at me and chasing the cowards all over the plains, if it wasn't for the fact that I could feel it, I would have gotten frustrated with those bastards hiding. among the vast vegetation of the plains.

Worst of all, he hadn't even been able to kill them all, some had escaped at one point.

Whether or not my speed was able to reach all of them in time, I wasn't sure, there were too many of them and I preferred to avoid getting hurt as much as possible.

Currently, I set up an improvised camp in the middle of the entire combat field, I was not physically tired, but a little mentally only for that previously described reason.

As I munched on my chocolate, I reflected on both the combat itself and the fact that I couldn't kill them all in battle.

Beyond the fact that it is normal for an enemy to escape from battle, I think that going around killing everyone who comes across me with only a sword is certainly boring and sometimes inefficient.

The energy bullet that I had recently developed is not enough, it is a skill that I will have to develop more carefully, but mainly because it lacks something that would make it more deadly at long range.

I need more weapons...

To be precise, a ranged weapon would not hurt me at all, perhaps a high-caliber firearm.

I'll have to go to a gun shop to check this out further, having versatility in combat can make all the difference.

Deciding that in my mind, I proceeded to clean up the rest of the dungeon.

I spent another half hour to find a site with unusual features, some fortifications made of wood.

Over 100 Goblins I could sense, none unusually strong.

Thinking about the numbers already makes my mind tired, to hell with the video game store, definitely leaving here I will move immediately to a weapons store.

Without wasting time and thinking that this was the last thing that was missing from the dungeon, I launched myself like a beast to destroy whatever Goblin got in my way.

Over the next 6 hours, the numbers dropped from 100 to 70, 50, 30, until finally only 10 remained.

Unlike the other time, they didn't run from me, it was as if they had already accepted their death, it happened with the time they realized that their attacks were totally ineffective and unlike a normal opponent who would have gotten tired by now, I could fight forever.

That last detail is because my great durability also enabled overwhelming cardio, that is, the energy that I would have used to fight for days without rest could be recovered in hours or minutes.

The last goblins were frozen in place as they waited for a miracle.

In a blink, I appear where a couple of them are and he grabbed them both by the neck.

If there is one thing that has given me an advantage, it is concentrating on those that gather next to each other, this way I can kill two birds with one stone.

Strengthening my grip, both necks began to crack like cookies until their bodies were limp in my hands.

Then I'm back in position in the blink of an eye in front of another goblin and with a single punch sent him flying with his skull cracked.

All this was already a one-sided massacre, but these creatures definitely stopped moving and I assume, it's because they are so terrified, they don't know what to do and they are aware that escaping is totally useless.

I wielded Nihila once more and killed the rest of the Goblins as fast as I could.

I think it was an exaggeration to say that I could clear this dungeon in a couple of hours, I've been here almost all day.

I approached the core of the dungeon, the mana that overflowed was unstable and abysmal, it would be more appropriate to say that the core was like a kind of bulge that came out of the ground.

This was a detail that I had not explained before, but all the dungeons had a core and it was the place where all the creatures were concentrated, that way it was easier to ensure that a dungeon is clean, one only has to see its core where naturally attracts all mana and non-mana creatures.

In the previous dungeons I hadn't been able to see them up close, but now I can see what it really is like.

Of course, it won't take long, I already wanted to get out of here, it's just that I tried to check if I could feel any other presence in the area to be able to consider cleaning the dungeon.

The next thing was even easier, I went back to the guild and after some procedures, they gave me my pay.

Now…

My next destination will be a weapons store, I'm definitely going to arm myself to the teeth.

6