Chapter 183: Confirming What’s His
73 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 183:

Confirming What's His

Jace was sad to hear just what kind of hold Briana's parents had on her, but he wouldn't let that continue. He had resolved to take things a little slow with her because she was so precious and pure. He didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

Seeing that she was happy and wanted to stay with him made his heart warm. He would ensure everything went well. Parents like that didn't deserve a daughter like her. He walked proudly, hand in hand with her into the party. It was instantly obvious to everyone that something had happened between them.

The knowing, amused looks from his Angels caused him to blush like a schoolboy. His love for Briana was a pure, innocent thing. Being around her made him feel like he was walking on clouds. He should have known that they had known about it, but it wasn't like he kept it hidden.

"Aren't you two just the cutest," his mother spoke up first as she came to greet them with a hug, "Welcome home, Son."

He felt even more sheepish as she greeted Briana. Giving her a hug, she wrapped her arms around her and leaned in close with a bright smile of her own.

"Tell me all about what happened," she giggled, dragging Briana away.

The two of them looked like gossiping schoolgirls as they walked away. It was always a sight to see how well his mother fit in with anyone. His heart was warmed at the thought they were getting along. Not only did he appreciate his mother not making it too big of a deal, but he was glad that Briana had someone like his own mother to treat her well.

The two of them would be a force to reckon with. He wondered how it was possible the two of them outshone the sun. It was blinding.

"Well, I admit it..." Selene spoke up with a sigh as she walked up next to him, "It took less time than I imagined."

"I told you not to worry too much," Liana chimed in with a smile, nudging her playfully.

"He's learning, that's for sure," Kiera teased, wrapping her arms around him with a smile, "So, tell us what happened."

He sighed, shaking his head with a smile. "I'm lucky to have them..." Jace thought to himself, grateful for such amazing, loving women in his life. However, his expression quickly grew dark as he gathered them together and explained what happened when he was out with Briana.

They were proud of him standing up for her. Their expressions told him they agreed with him.

"I'll contact our legal department," Selene told him, hand on his shoulder, "We'll get it done. They won't be able to touch her."

"They wouldn't be able to regardless," Jace told her, a deadly glint in his eye, "But, I appreciate it. Now then, I don't want to ruin this party that you all planned for me. Is everyone here?"

"All except one..." Kiera told him softly, a bit of concern in her voice, "You did invite her, didn't you?"

"Rachel?" Jace inquired as his brain clicked when she mentioned inviting someone, "Yeah, is she not here?"

"No, not yet," Liana answered, looking slightly worried as well, "She isn't planning something ridiculous, is she?"

"Hmm, I don't think so, no," Jace shook his head, petting Liana's cheek reassuringly, "You three go inside. Also, please. Don't worry about her. She's harmless, I assure you."

The three of them looked at him carefully before their eyes shone with understanding and acknowledgement. They softened, knowing he had it under control.

"I didn't mean anything bad," Liana told him, to which he reassured her with a gentle kiss.

"I know," He smiled lovingly, "She's just...shy and inexperienced in love. Did you know, I was her first kiss in the long life that she's lived?"

The three of them looked on with surprise, but their expression told him that they had expected it, but nonetheless were surprised.

"We had a feeling after seeing your dinner date," Selene told him, getting a playful glare from him, "Don't worry, we won't do anything like that again...maybe."

She smirked teasingly and he rolled his eyes.

"Okay, well...I care about her," He told them gently, "This heart of mine just seems to do what it wants. After seeing her for who she is, I've grown fond of taking care of her. I will make her mine."

"That's what we love about you," Liana cupped his face and smiled up at him affectionately, "Your heart is soft, but you've grown strong. You can stand on your own now."

"Not that I want to," he replied, placing his hand over hers, "I have all of you, as well as Briana and Rachel now."

"And Sasha," Kiera teased while giggling, "At least, I know she wants to."

"Kiera!" Jace exclaimed as he shot her a sharp look, but he couldn't help but laugh, "I don't know what you think of me, but...I'm only one man."

The three of them laughed and gave him loving kisses before they finally headed inside. He watched them go as he simply shook his head in disbelief. "Honestly...Sasha, huh?" He thought of her, their new head of security.

She had gone into training with Arthur and other Mercer Agents to better increase her skills and efficiency. She had even given a loyalty oath. Something ancient that Jace didn't even realize was a thing. She did so willingly and had bound herself to him.

It was something done during the transfer of power with Biorganix, but he only now gave it much thought. He realized she took glances at him every once in a while, when she was around. He did think she was cute, but...

"Honestly...At least let me settle Briana and Rachel first," He mumbled to himself, though smiled softly.

He knew his life would get insanely busy in the future with his new relationships and fatherhood. "Gods...I still can't believe it. I'm going to be a father." Jace felt the anxiety rush over him as he took several calming breaths before messaging Rachel.

>To My Little Dove: You're late.

He called her Little Dove for several reasons. She reminded him of something surprisingly pure, despite her obsession with him and her masochistic proclivities. Whenever he saw her, she looked so desperate to be accepted. To be loved.

She was trapped, locked within the cage she herself built around her. A cage that locked her to Empyrean Industries and her duty as CEO. She hid who she was for fear of looking weak in the eyes of her corporation and those she made business dealings with. She was anything but weak.

He saw her power. He could sense the immense mana running through it. However, despite how strong and stoic she was as CEO, behind all that was a scared little girl who just wanted to be accepted for who she was. All of her.

She was innocent in love. To him, she was his Little Dove. Beautiful and caged, yet yearning to be free and find what she desired. He understood that, and in an odd sense of responsibility and love...he would free her.

>From My Little Dove: I...I'm sorry. Are you upset?

>To My Little Dove: No. Just impatient. I want to see you.

>From My Little Dove: You...do?

>To My Little Dove: Yes. I'm waiting for you.

He received a reply of a blushing, animated emoji. "Adorable..." He sighed fondly. She had made mistakes trying to find what she wanted. The love she desired. She wanted to play the villainess, but had cracked almost immediately.

The villain didn't really suit her. Though, he found it adorable that she tried. He knew her dealings in business were ironclad. She was a menace when it came to that, but in love? No, she was nothing but a big baby.

The contrast between the two was what made his heart melt. Knowing the true side to her had softened him incredibly towards her. It was what truly made him forgive her for what she did before. He was still planning on punishing her, but that can be done later when the time was right.

For now, he wanted to show her what it meant to be loved and for him to love her. To make her comfortable being outside of her comfort zone. This was a big step for her. He knew it had to be hard for her to arrive at a function like this.

It wasn't something for business. It was something for him. He knew she would do it, but he also knew how much she had to have agonized over it. Would she be accepted by those close to Jace? What should she wear to such an occasion?

These were probably but a few thoughts that went through her mind. It astounded Jace how much he actually understood her thought process.

As he waited on the landing platform, he sat upon one of the benches by some ferns in a planter. There were already several vehicles stored, and room for more. Their landing zone was semi-outside with an indoor storage where the vehicles were.

Finally, he heard the arrival of another vehicle. Looking up, he smiled. "She's here." He could feel his heart happy that she made it. The silver sheen of the vehicle reflected the sunlight of the early afternoon. Jace stood and began making his way over as the door to the vehicle opened.

His heart faltered as Rachel stepped out. She looked amazing. "God damn..." Jace found himself entranced. It wasn't that she was wearing anything revealing, but quite the contrary. It was just something that fit her extremely well and she was comfortable in it.

That was what he noticed immediately, despite her blushing, shy expression as she looked at him. She wore an oversized beige sweater dress with a visual of some anime character printed upon it. Looked like a woman with pink hair and sparkling blue eyes. She was looking off in the distance majestically.

He recognized it as one of her favorite characters, Isabel Fransek. He watched it with her that day he visited her room. It had good action scenes and was quite heart wrenching.

The dress fit her well, coming down to just below her knees where she wore black leggings and heels matching her dress. The sleeves of the dress covered her hands slightly. The only skin the dress showed was where it was cut out to reveal her shoulders, but that was it.

"You look amazing," he told her genuinely with a smile, "I'm glad you made it. I was worried."

Her smile deepened as she tucked a couple strands of her hair behind her slender elven ears. Besides the few tendrils that hung free, the rest was done up in a nice, twisted bun updo. Held together with what looked like two ivory hairpins with jade embellishment.

She clung to the fancy beige handbag she had with her in front of herself. Looking around awkwardly, she finally met his gaze.

"I-I'm sorry I'm late," She mumbled as her vehicle was automatically parked in the storage, leaving them alone on the landing platform, "I didn't know what to wear, and so I...I hope this is okay?"

"It's perfect," Jace reassured her, placing a hand gentle on her hip, "It fits you well. I told you, dress comfortably, and you look comfortable."

"I am," she nodded, her eyes looked gentle, "I don't often get to wear this stuff, since it's usually all business, but..."

Her words trailed off as she looked away again. Cupping her chin with his fingers, he gently tilted her face to look at him.

"You look amazing," He told her firmly, "I love that your so devoted to your hobbies. Be proud of them, because I am."

She blushed and looked at him with stars in her eyes.

"You're the one who is amazing," she replied fondly, "I knew this was the right choice."

"Go with your gut," he smiled, caressing her face, "Now, where's the kiss for the birthday boy?"

"Heh, happy birthday, Jace," she whispered as he pulled her in for a kiss.

She had already closed her eyes in anticipation. She waited patiently as he simply watched her. She was too cute. Before he made her wait too long, he leaned in and placed his lips on hers. Pulling her close. She leaned into him, grateful that her wait had granted her a kiss.

He deepened it, holding the back of her head and neck. She moaned slightly against his lips but didn't pull away. Only after he was satisfied did he slowly pull away. She was breathless and blushing.

"Th-That..." She flustered, glaring at him with a playful pout, "Meanie...making me wait like that, then not letting me go..."

"You loved it," Jace teased, placing two fingers lightly to his lips as he smirked, "And so did I."

She blushed, and he could see her shiver in pleasure. He was being a little less cruel to her, knowing it was her first time with someone like this. He wanted to build the trust between them before he did what he was doing before. He cared about her wellbeing and would guide her.

"Rachel, my little dove," he practically cooed as he spoke to her affectionately, adjusting her hair as he looked upon her with a fondness, "Remember, just be yourself. Relax. You're mine. I promised you that, didn't I? Now, who's my good girl?"

"...I am," she answered with demurely, "I'm your good girl."

"That you are," He rewarded her with a gentle kiss on her cheek, "Now, let me escort my beautiful little dove inside. I really am glad you're here."

"Me too, Jace," Rachel told him, her tone genuine, "Thank you for inviting me."

"Of course," Jace replied, placing an arm around her waist, "I want you here. You're to be mine, and that means you should also be here for important moments. Even though you know I don't celebrate my birthday much. So, this makes it important...since it is what my girls want to do, and you are my girl."

"I-I am?" her eyes widened, "Like...for real, for real?"

Jace chuckled softly. He had called her his for a while now, but she always thought it was just him being dominating. Marking his territory. In a way, it was. She wasn't wrong.

However, he really meant it and it was time she understood completely.

"Rachel," He glanced at her from the side of his eye, "You've been my girl ever since I left you after our dinner date. I mean it when I say you're mine."

She trembled happily and he braced her to compensate for her suddenly weak legs. He held her close and made sure she was steady before they walked inside. Her eyes were sparkling and the aura around her was something to see. It was like stars were dazzling all around her.

-----

I wasn't quite sure if I would add more to the harem, but felt like it could be possible. I just often have a hard time keeping track if there are too many. Hopefully, I did a good job. If not, well...it's always a learning experience. Thank you for continuing to read and I hope you're enjoying it ^_^

1