Ch 9 – Mission from the President
144 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

But her elegance felt like a stubborn snobbishness to Melly.    

“Oh, don’t say that. You love me right babe?” asked Melly as she got up from her seat. 

“Of course I do” said Rujiya brightly. 

“Then why don’t you long for me? Lust for me? Doesn’t it hurt you inside? Doesn’t it make you mad, furious? The thought of me saying sweet nothings to someone else’s ears. Kissing them and touching them. You won’t be able to conquer, control and contain my love, letting others steal me away from you. Doesn’t it make your insides just rattle?” asked Melly, seductively. 

“It…kinda bums me out. But I would understand. Afterall, I’m not very good with sex. And you…seem so crazy sometimes. But also sometimes just bored?” said Rujiya while eyeing into Melly. 

They contacted one another’s gaze. Despite Melly playing and toying her with words, she was the one to blink away from Rujiya’s piercing gaze. Melly happily messed up with Rujiya golden woolen hair, pulled it up and smelled it. 

“I love you so much Rujiya. Your love is enough for me” said Melly quickly. 

Rujiya nodded and smiled gladly towards Melly. 

Melly went behind Rujiya and wrapped her arms behind her. 

“Hey, it’s your day off, right? Why don’t we try to spend this time for ourselves? Go shopping, stroll around the city. Maybe even fly high into the sky like a twin bird? Haaah” said Melly with a smile. 

“Hmm, ugh, I really want to. But I actually got a meeting signal. The president sent us the location and time for a mission. It’s today” said Rujiya. 

Melly sighed and kissed Rujiya on the forehead and said “Okay. Then another time I guess.” 

****

StarGazer and Metal Rose flew towards the top of the Sanct Heina tower located at the city center. Up there the president’s representative, who goes by the code name “VZero” waited for them.

Both of them landed on the roof and approached VZero. VZero looked at them sternly, moving his curly mustache and observing them with his button black eyes.    

“What is up hotshot? Got new missions for us?” asked Metal Rose with confidence. 

“Yes, I need you to be on surveillance tonight. And take out the target known as Fear Knight” said VZero. 

“Fear Knight? You mean the famous vigilante?” asked Star Gazer. 

“Hmph, vigilante in the eyes of the public I guess. But recently this fellow has been going after government officials as his targets” said VZero, disgusted. 

“What is in it for him tho? Does he benefit directly from killing them? Did you guys find anything that will lead us to him?” asked Metal Rose. 

“We don’t know his identity or much about him really. And I don’t know what he will gain from these killings, we don’t have a suspect on who might be his true identity. He occasionally showed up to kill supernats that distrubed the peace. Sometimes he would bust criminal gangs. It was questionable whether some of them deserved death or not tho. And now-”

“He is trying to get rid of government officials. But what for?” grumbled Star Gazer. 

“I don’t know. Fear Knight always did what they thought was best and left. But his recent actions are unforgivable” said VZero. 

“Okay, but how do you even expect us to catch him? He just pops in and out right?” asked Metal Rose. 

“Yes, however, we have found a pattern in his killings. Three government officials who died, they all worked as the head of national security. Now only one of them is left. Valiant Shruman” said VZero. 

“And you think they are going to be attacked tonight?” asked Metal Rose. 

“Possibly, yes. Or rather we intentionally threw a bait towards Fear Knight. We discussed and came up with a plan to let him live stream. In the livestream he talked about a holiday resort that he would be going to for a meeting. It’s away from the city and the resort itself is remotely small, especially for a rich man like him.” said VZero. 

“Hmm? Isn’t it too much of an obvious bait tho?” asked Metal Rose. 

“That may be true. But we don’t have another choice. We have to risk it and play the game on our own turf. We’ll still have dozens of bodyguards there. But any number of bodyguards is useless against a supernat” said VZero with despair. 

“Interesting. So you want us to be there. But you do realize we have to be in costume right? We want to help but we don’t want to expose our hidden identities to anyone, even government officials and workers.” said StarGazer.

“Yes, we’re fully aware of that. We won’t try anything funny to try and reveal your identities. You’ll be at standby in one of the rooms of the resort, hidden away.  We’ll give you tablet devices that feed you camera footage. From there, you’ll be able to act as soon as Fear Knight shows himself.” said VZero. 

“Oh really. I don’t think you can give us any guarantee tho” whined Metal Rose as she crossed her arms.    

“It’s fine. It’s hard to buy trust but I’m willing to help out.” said Star Gazer. 

Metal rose sighed, shrugged and said “If you say so”  

“When are we meeting?” asked Star Gazer. 

“You need to come to the resort at 8 pm and stay there until morning” said VZero.        

“Roger that. But you know we can’t do this every single day right? If Fear Knight doesn’t come today what will you do? It’s not like you pay us much” grumbled Metal Rose. 

“We will give you money. It would be stupid to let you do volunteer work for us on such an important job.” said VZero. 

He snapped his fingers and a strong looking man next to him approached Star Gazer and gave her a leather bag.

Star Gazer opened it and inside it was dozens of money in cash. 

“Woooow” said Metal rose with a smile as she peered into it.   

“This is just for today’s bodyguard job. If Fear Knight doesn’t come out, we’ll throw more baits and every day you come to protect the head of national security, we’ll give you the exact amount. But if you manage to capture or kill Fear Knight…we’ll give 5 times more than that” said VZero. 

“Hmm, now you’re talking” said Metal Rose happily. 

“That’s all there is to it. Fear Knight is at least predictable in the sense that he only appears during evening or nighttime. Whenever the sun goes down specifically. That’s why we were able to schedule a time for you. I hope you two the best of luck. We’re counting on you” said VZero. 

Nodding Star Gazer and Metal rose happily flew off. They flew and flew until they reached the top of a tall building called Zerox with a rooftop door. They changed their clothes there and headed down through the door and walked down the staircase. They entered through the open hallway from the emergency exit staircase and found themselves inside a giant shopping mall.    

1