Ch 10 – Fear the Night
134 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hey, hey. Let’s go shopping, don’t you wanna?” asked Melly happily. 

“Yeah, sure. We deserve it. But we probably should get rid of this purse. It would be lousy if the camera footage captures this purse and somehow VZero and his men sees it” said Rujiya. 

Melly’s eyes widened. She thought for a while and yelled “That’s true. And who knows, maybe there is a tracking device inside that thing.”

“I guess. Would VZero really do that to us tho?” pondered Rujiya with bitterness. 

“Of course he would. You think the government is some cool guy gathering? They are all power hungry maniacs. I bet they are probably hating the fact that they had to ask for our help. They are probably trying to do whatever they can to put us on a leash.” said Melly with disgust. 

“Maybe. But, that’s too early to decide. I know you think working with the government is dangerous but let’s give them a chance, okay?” said Rujiya with a smile.

Melly looked at Rujiya for a while seriously. But instantly her seriousness turned into playfulness. Melly’s irises became big and her cheeks pouted. She quickly grabbed Rujiya’s cheeks and played with them. 

“You’re soooo cuuute. You’re almost like a little baby, trusting people you know nothing about. That’s why you’re so loveable.” said Melly and kissed Rujiya on the forehead. 

“Come on. Let’s just check the money, put it in our purses and leave that bag in the trash can.” said Rujiya and they did exactly that. 

When they were at the mall they looked at all sorts of stuff starting from bakeries, clothes and manga and comic books. Within just two hours both of them exited the mall with dozens of bags to hold that almost covered their faces.

****

At 7 pm Metal Rose and Star Gazer were stationed inside a small rectangular room with a tatami floor. There were a few dozen rooms similar to theirs so they would not stand out. The screens were already placed in the room when they entered. A guy named Guravell taught the two how to operate the device and went out. The resort had a spa, hot spring and interesting cuisines, Metal Rose and Star Gazer enjoyed the scenery through the screens of the pads. But most of their attention was on Valiant’s perspective camera. 

At 10 am Valiant was drinking wine watching women with beautiful dresses dancing and twirling on stage. Valiant was sitting inside a large hall with his men as well as business partners and some other politicians. 

The hall they were in was locked and was defended by guards at the entrance.

A waiter dressed in fancy attire with dragons, roses and flowers served Valiant a cup of alcohol. He laughed happily as he drank it. 

Behind the stage was a hot spring and the area was also overseen by guards as well. The moon shone brightly from above, illuminating the grass and the hot spring. The lanterns placed in the wooden railing lighted the vapors that rose in the air from the spring, creating a dreamy evening. 

Suddenly there was a shadowy figure standing at the other side, the entrance to the hot spring. 

The men brought out their guns with fear. 

“Who is going there?” 

But strangely enough the shadowy figure became larger. Or rather the shadow itself got larger, longer and wider. It spread forward like a nightmare covering the night sky in its grasp. The shadow was thick like a cloak, it blocked off the lights of the lantern just by wrapping itself around it. And within a moment gunshots were heard but even the shots of the gun could not create enough light for others to see what was going on. 

This was true night, true terror. The one trick that sealed Fear Knight as the scariest superhero in the city.   

Fear Knight rushed forward like lightning in his black costume and mask depicting an angry deity. He simply punched the first guard he contacted with, his punch sent electric waves through the guard’s body, enough to subdue him. Hearing the sound the guard next to him approached, this time Fear Knight flipped and kicked the man with a roundhouse, the guard fell over the railing and into the hot spring. Guard #3 and #4 fired blindly towards the source of the water splash. Fear Knight quickly moved away from place, the guards clearly shooting towards the wall, missing the target completely. 

Fear Knight’s run did not make sound, it was almost that of an assassin’s. The Knight landed a punch on guard #4’s stomach it’s force so astonishingly strong that it lifted the man and the Knight rushed forward using #4 like a battering ram to slam guard #3 and the two guards fell to the ground. Guard #5 shot towards the sound of the scared guards but he only managed to shot #4 and kill him. 

Fear Knight rushed forward to steal guard #5’s gun and elbow the guard on the throat for a fast and easy kill. 

****

“Now!” yelled Star Gazer. 

Both super heroes rushed out through the window into the night sky and they slammed through the roof of the center building with their entire bodies and arrived inside the stage. People were jumping up startled by their actions. But they were even more surprised when the back of the stage exploded and a giant lightning monster’s face stared at them. It’s three eyes running wildly towards every direction, lightning flames rushing out of its mouth. The eyes suddenly stopped and targeted only one person. Valiant whose jaw had dropped and was awkwardly holding the alcohol cup. 

The lightning head rushed towards Valiant but Metal Rose was fast enough to intercept it’s way and bursted out rose vines from her hand by the dozens almost creating a forest. 

The two forces clashed. The rose vines were being electrocuted and slashed then knocked away towards every direction but new vines were being birthed out of Metal Rose’s hand in hundreds every second. 

Star Gazer held her hands together to create a cube full of star dust, when she lifted it up the cube turned to a spear and she threw it towards the lightning deity from the side. The spear went through the head and created a star explosion inside of the head, destroying the lightning deity.  

Metal Rose stopped her rose vines. She dropped the rose vines that were swarming inside the area down. She expected to see the unconscious body of Fear Knight but to her surprise, she only saw a round hole in the wooden floor, the rose vines that were lying all over the place almost blocked it out of view. 

1