Ch 13 – The Oracle’s Hint
83 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Qlock, Haganami and Chirima knocked on the door of the house. They waited for a while until the door opened slightly. A woman’s blue eyes peered towards Qlock and looked at the cop.  

“We’re cops miss Zulhana. We heard you have certain expertise in helping solving cases and are accepting guests” said Qlock with a friendly smile as he showed his badge.  

“Yes, come in” said the woman in a calm manner and opened the door. 

The three detectives entered the house, they walked across on the hallway carpet and into the living room. The room had an old fashioned sofa, a carpet on the wall depicting a person with a third eye. The room seemed decently clean but the furniture seemed to be quite old to Qlock.    

Zulhana went to the kitchen and brought out tea and biscuits for the detectives. Haganami noted to himself the dozens of pictures of people in her bookcase which was covered in glass. 

After a bit of silence Zulhana cleaned up the table. Qlock opened up his briefcase and started talking. 

“Miss, we’re looking for the culprit who killed three people. But there may be dozens more victims who were kidnapped or killed by the culprit as well. What makes this complicated is that the culprit may have a supernat ability.” 

Qlock placed the pictures on the table, Zulhana quietly watched his movements while also eyeing the pictures. 

“These are the pictures of people who we think were definitely killed by the culprit. They share a similar cause of death in that they were stabbed by something wide and circular. Maybe it’s a handmade weapon, maybe it’s another supernat ability. They are known as the victims of the Venom Strike serial killings case” said Qlock as he separated James, Yusia, Alisa’s picture from the others. 

“We also suspect that this woman was kidnapped by the culprit. She has recently gone missing” said Qlock as he placed Nalla’s picture on the table. 

“And these are pictures of women who were kidnapped or killed in a similar way during this year. We suspect that the culprit has also killed in different methods or kidnapped some other women” said Qlock as he pointed at the piles of pictures that could easily create a mountain and placed them on one side of the table. 

Zulhana has been patiently listening to his explanations. She then pointed at Nalla’s picture and said “This woman is still alive” 

“R-Really?” gasped Haganami. 

“Thank goodness. Then could you tell us where she is if possible?” asked Chirima with excitement. 

“I cannot do that. However…” 

Zulhana placed her palm upon the picture and went silent for a while.  

“Yes, she is scared. She also seems very angry, very spiteful. And sorrowful.” said Zulhana with narrow eyes. 

“Her boyfriend is James, the recent victim of the Venom strike serial killings.” said Qlock. 

Zulhana peered at the piles of pictures, she scattered all of them and moved her palm above the pictures while eyeing the women. She took her time in looking at some of the photos and putting them back.

It took about ten minutes of silence. She then handpicked five pictures.  

“These people are also alive.” said Zulhana pointing at the 5 pictures she has separated from the rest.  

“Ahh, I see” said Qlock as he pulled out his phone and searched for the registries. 

“Yes, the first woman is Kitty Lorensa, the second is Jamimi Carlson, the third is Xin Shau Li, the fourth is Lily Anderson, the fifth is Milina Masqueram” reported Qlock.  

“The woman Kitty. She feels caged, sad, scared. But she has started to accept her situation. And she feels confusion, fear and affection towards someone. Hmm, I would guess she is in some sort of an abusive relationship with someone.” said Zulhana and moved her hand towards Jamimi. 

“She feels happy and satisfied.” 

“Wait, really? She went missing, right?” asked Chirima. 

“Jamimi was in debt from a bank before her disappearance. Maybe she just escaped to a different country.” said Qlock. 

“Xin Shau, she seems angry and distressed” said Zulhana then she moved her hand to Lily’s. 

“She seems bored, angry, frustrated and sad. From all these five people I think she is feeling the most amount of dissatisfaction. Perhaps not as much as Nalla” said Zulhana while moving her hand towards Milina’s picture. 

“She seems calm. She is enjoying her surroundings. She feels very adventurous, courageous but she seems to feel great appreciation for the present.” said Zulhana. 

“Milina has gone missing from an alcoholic family at the age of 20. If she found peace then that’s great news.” said Qlock. 

“Then does that mean we have to focus on Kitty, Lily and Xin Shau?” asked Haganami. 

“Yes, come on, let’s go.” said Qlock.

Qlock, Haganami, Chirima left Zulhana's apartment and came back to the detective center and started digging through their files.

“Lily was last seen at a gas station. The engineer that worked there said she filled her motorcycle with gasoline and left” said Haganami. 

“Where was she going tho?” asked Chirima. 

“Towards the camp at Amagland. That’s the only tourist resort that’s close to her location.” said Qlock. 

“Look, they actually did retrieve her motorcycle in the Nightingale forest near the road.” said Haganami and showed the file he found.   

“Hmm, have the investigators searched the nightingale forest? Maybe she might still be held captive there” said Chirima with a smile. 

“Maybe. Or maybe because our culprit is a supernat she fled to a different location.” said Qlock. 

While speaking Qlock pulled out the case files.

“Xin Shau. She originally disappeared from a burning building. Her abusive husband died in the flame but her body wasn’t discovered.” said Qlock. 

“Hmm, maybe the Venom strike culprit set the flame!” said Chirima brightly. 

“Maybe. Or maybe she set the flame herself. Yes, there is a bit of investigation that went into this that suspected Xin Shau to be the culprit herself. But still, evidence is inconclusive.” 

“Oh, I also found Kitty’s file” said Chirima and placed it on the table and opened it. 

“Kitty Lorensa. She went missing at Kiwaina city. She messaged her mother saying that she was gonna meet up with her friends at the cinema. And according to Ruliana, Sayako the friends she watched a movie with, after they watched a movie they went out in their car and went shopping. When shopping they met two ladies and talked with them and ate dinner and played arcade with them.

Afterwards Ruliana drove the car and brought Sayako home but was busy so she only dropped Kitty near the district Kitty lived in and went off.” said Chirima. 

“Hmm, I wonder, did the ladies they met know Kitty’s address? What was their name?” asked Haganami. 

“Oh yeah” said Chirima then turned the page into the detailed investigation report, read it then said “No, apparently not. They also didn’t ask for the name of the ladies.” said Haganami. 

“Hmm, well…if Kitty’s kidnapper truly was a flying supernat they could have easily followed the car by flying” said Qlock patiently. 

The three of them gathered all the files and read it for a while. 

0