Ch.5
3.2k 6 132
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Matt Pov)

On our way home I almost forgot that I needed to meet Charlie at his station to get my car. So I asked Bella to drop me off there first. The station was your standard small-town police station. A one-story building with only one entrance at the front, another in the back most likely, about fifty feet long and thirty feet wide. Several police cars were parked outside and a chain link fence was in the back. Walking inside I can see that the holding cells are to the left with some drunk men it looked like currently in them and the right is where the deputies work and Charlie's office is in the back behind their room. However, there is a young woman who is a deputy at the front desk by the entrance looking at me.

"How can I help you sir?" she asks me after I walked in.

"Uh, I am here to see my Uncle Charlie, he is the Chief," I say to her which seems to have surprised her.

"Uh…sure sir let me go grab the Chief, wait here please," she says while walking towards his office. Knocking on the door, seconds later enters it. Less than a minute goes by and Charlie comes out of the office with her behind him. He looks concerned.

"Matt? Why are you here? Did something happen? Is Bella ok?" he asks me quickly while walking towards me.

"Yeah she is fine and no nothing happened. You said today we could get the car my dad left for me," I say to him smiling and dangling the keys in my hand.

"Oh yeah! Sorry Matt it's just been a long day, I kinda forgot about that. Follow me it's in the back," Charlie says to me while sighing and chuckling that he forgot what he told me yesterday.

"You ok Uncle Charlie? You seemed stressed coming out of your office," I say to him while following him outside to the back of the station.

"Yeah don't worry about it, just been dealing with the usual drunk idiots. I just forgot I told you to come here since I figured you or Bella would never come here unless something bad happened," he says to me while rubbing the back of his head.

"True, Bella wouldn't want to come here unless forced to. Though I don't mind visiting you once in a while," I say to him with a smile.

"Sure Matt you can visit whenever you want, I just hope that is not because you were forced to," he says while chuckling at me with a smile.

Walking outside I see that only one car was parked in the fenced-off area and it was covered. He brings me to the covered car and motions for me to take the cover off and check it. Taking the cover off I can see that it appears to be a 1970 model dodge challenger, with a black exterior and red leather seats. It also appears to be in mint condition. I was shocked since I was a huge fan of dodge challengers in my other life and was extremely happy for having a beauty like this mine now.

"Your father loved this car, maybe even more than your mother, but not you," Charlie says to me chuckling at my reaction to it.

"He only drove it on 'special occasions' according to him and restored it when he bought it. I kept it covered here since, though according to Billy I had to take it on a drive once in a while to keep it from falling apart from unuse.  Although it is in practically perfect condition otherwise," Charlie says to me as I enter it and begin to inspect it.

"Thanks for keeping it in such good condition Uncle Charlie," I say to him giving him and hug which he returns.

"Well drive home safe now and don't make any of my deputies pull you over for speeding now that you have a race car," Charlie says to me smiling as I start the car hearing the loud rumble of the v8 engine.

"Sure thing," I say driving off back home, putting the windows down, and enjoying the beauty of driving this car through nature like this.

Later that night I woke up at midnight in a cold sweat and my bed sheet were covered in sweat making looking like someone sprayed the bed with a hose. Feeling like I was on fire and then dipped in the arctic ocean, I stumbled my way to the mirror in my room. Looking at it I see my eyes keep fluctuating between my normal blue/greenish eyes and a crystal blue that glows slightly. Then I feel something inside of me like a beast wanting to get loose starts making all my muscles cramp up. The pain overwhelmed me and I almost screamed but held it in.

'What is this pain!' I scream internally.

'Wait….the wolves! Am I turning like them?!' I think to myself and not wanting to freak out my family I stumble my way outside only wearing the sweatpants I slept in.

Finally stumbling my way outside I fall to the ground as the pain starts increasing.

'I can't turn yet!' I scream to myself pushing myself off the ground and rushing further into the woods. Though I am sure it looks like I'm stumbling running.

After making it about a mile (1.6km) away from my house, I can't take the pain anymore as I fall to my knees and let out a bloodcurdling scream. Then I black out from the pain.

______________________________________________________________________

Waking up just as the sun is starting to come up I find myself somewhere in the woods and next to a bloody carcass of a moose that was torn apart by a beast. The smell of it makes me vomit and looking at my vomit, it has nothing but raw flesh, blood, and animal guts in it. This makes me keep vomiting until I have nothing left in me.

'What the fuck happened last night?! What the fuck am I?!' I think to myself after getting a hold of myself. Looking down I realize I'm as naked as the day I was born and covered in blood.

'SHIT! What time is it? I need to get home and shower before they notice I'm missing,' I think while trying to figure out how to find my way home. Then I recognize the scent of Bella and Charlie in the distance.

'Well that's new,' I think and realize that all of my senses have been increased to insane levels. I begin to run home but then quickly stop as I have just run more than a few hundred feet in seconds.

(He is basically three times as strong as a newborn vampire in all aspects, in his base human form, will explain in more detail when he finds out more about what he is.)

Trying my best to quickly learn to control my new abilities I rush my way home, turns out I was about twentyish miles (32km) away from them. I covered this distance in just under ten minutes. Luckily I can hear Bella and Charlie have just woken up. I jump from the ground to the window by my room and open it entering my room and hear my alarm clock going off.

'Knocking' "Matt! Wake up already! Your alarm clock has been going off for like ten minutes now!" I hear Bella say as she is pounding on my door.

"Sorry Bella! I'm up now," I say quickly turning my alarm clock off but end up smashing it and breaking it through the night table, smashing that in the process.

"Matt what was that?! Are you ok?!" Bella says hearing all my things breaking.

"Uhhhh, yeah just tripped and fell I'll be out in a few," I say trying to quickly hide the evidence.

"Um ok, well since you got your car I'm just gonna head out before you then," Bella says while walking away from my door.

"Yeah, uh sure see you at school," I say, and then hearing no one in the hall and both are in the kitchen I rush to the bathroom and close the door extremely gently to not break it.

After getting out of the shower I noticed that everything now seems shorter or smaller. Going back into my room after the shower and looking in my mirror to see what changed. First I'm jacked as hell like all I do is workout in the gym all day every day jacked. Then my height seems to have gone from 6'3" (190cm) to 6'8 (203cm).

'What the fuck I grew five inches in a night! How the fuck am I going to explain that, let alone now I look like a bodybuilder,' I think to myself.

Finally, I notice my eyes are a clear crystal blue instead of the blue/greenish they were before, luckily they are not glowing like they did last night.

'Well that will be easier to explain atleast,' I think as I put on the baggiest clothes I have to not show how much more muscle I have now.

"Gonna have to buy more clothes,' I think as the baggiest clothes I have is still somewhat tight on me and short. 

'In a few weeks, I can dress normally and again to play off that I have been working out more. Though the height, I'm just gonna have to hope people don't think too much about it and that a crazy growth spurt is all that happened. Hopefully, I don't grow anymore either, don't want to be a freakish giant, even though I kinda entered that area already,' I sigh to myself thinking about all the questions that are gonna be asked.

Even though I'm hungry as hell since I threw up all that shit this morning I rush past Charlie who is finishing up in the kitchen. I don't want him to start questioning me right now, especially since I have to figure out what the hell I am now.

"Matt! Don't you want to eat real quick? Why the rush?..... Um have a good day," Charlies says to me as I rush past him outside to my car, I just wave goodbye at him from outside as I get in my car starting it.

Driving my way to school, I start to get all my thoughts together and try to come up with explanations. Hopefully, people don't ask too many.

"OH FUCK! WHAT IS ALICE GONNA THINK!" I say out loud to myself as I'm driving.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

AN: I'm in the writing mood and really am like how I want this fanfic to play out so I might be updating this more often. Do not expect this all the time though, might just be a burst of inspiration I'm feeling right now.

132