Ch.26
2.1k 3 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Matt Pov)

Heading to our room I lay down on the bed and try to come to terms with the information I was just told. Alice laid down next to me and cuddle up to me trying to comfort me, it was working too. Pulling her closer to me and after just holding her for a few minutes she looks at me wanting to say something.

"Yes?" I say to her giving her a strained smile, though she can see through it easily.

"Matt…..I'm so sorry. What do you want to do now?" Alice says putting her hand on my face and whipping the tear that escaped my eye unbeknown to me.

"I....I don't know. A huge part of me wants to hunt down the ones who killed my parents and a small part whispers to me, to let go and move on," I say to her and sigh feeling the mental exhaustion hit me.

"I will stand by you no matter what Matt," Alice says giving me a heartwarming smile and determination in her eyes.

"I know Alice and I will stand by you no matter what," I say to her giving her a quick but passionate kiss.

"Can you come with me? I want to meditate though away from everyone, but want you by my side," I say to her getting up and trying to find some peace.

"Of course," Alice says standing up and hugging me.

Leaving the house, I grab Alice in a princess carry. Catching her off guard again making her yelp in surprise, though she quickly relaxes in my arms. Running at full speed through the woods away from the clan grounds, north of the clan deep into the mountains and wilderness. After an hour of running, I stop as we reached the top of the tallest mountain in the area. Looking from atop it with Alice at my side, I felt at the most peace since I first turned. The view was extremely beautiful, with nothing but the lush green forest below and smaller green mountains surrounding us. We reached here just as the sun was setting, sitting down with Alice sitting across from me, I meditated as the Sun sets. Getting pulled into the field of my mindscape, I lay down watching the clouds like I normally do. After a few minutes, I hear a voice, deep and smooth.

"Come to the tree, my child," the voice says and I feel a pull toward the tree.

Walking for an hour I find that it does seem I am getting closer to the tree. Excited that I can see whatever this feeling is pulling me toward the tree, I run as fast as I can to it. It still seemed to take me hours to reach this tree even after running at full speed. Getting to this tree I can see how it is larger than I could ever imagine. The tree seems hundred of thousand of miles tall and wide,  after looking in awe at the tree, I see a hooded man with a long beard coming out of the hood and holding a staff, standing at the base of the tree.

"It took you a long time, to learn the truth of your origins. Now come and follow me," the man says turning around not waiting for my reply, and walks up to the tree.

As if sensing his presence a door opens at the base of the tree, which he enters immediately. Running after him, I get to the entrance but can't see inside. Taking a deep breath I walk inside the doorway. Getting inside the tree, it brings me to another realm it would seem. Spilt in half with a road between the two sides, one side being a lush green forest filled with life and the beauty of nature, the other side a desolate wasteland made of nothing but ice and snow. The hooded man waiting a few feet away on the road splitting both sides.

"Come," the man says and begins walking down the road without waiting for me. Jogging up to him, I wait in silence for a few minutes looking at my surroundings and seeing if he is going to speak.

"Who are you and where are we?" I ask him after he doesn't speak.

"Who I am doesn't matter for now, though we are in your torn soul right now. A man with two souls, who have conflicting views on life. One side is cynical and uncaring about others, having suffered much in a short time, and believes life is only filled with pain and suffering. The other side is optimistic and caring about others, always seeing the good in others, and believes life is only filled with happiness and joy. Both sides fighting for control," the man says gesturing to each side as we walk.

"Two souls? I remember a set of memories from another life when I woke up in a hospital. Is that what you mean?" I ask the hooded man as we walk down this seemingly endless road.

"Yes, the two have been fighting for control. Making your emotions even harder to control than most. After changing though, the coldness seems to be taking over," the man says as we arrive at a well in the center of this place, and the road ends. Across from the well I can see the cold wasteland pushing into the lush green forest slowly taking it over. The man gestures to the scene that I am witnessing.

"What does this mean? Will I forget my one set of memories? What happens if one side 'wins'? Should I let one side 'win'?" I ask the man concerned.

"I can not tell you, should you let one side win over the other, but if one side does win over the other. Then your emotions will be closed off from the lost side and you will become completely attuned with the winning side. The memories of both sides will always be with you, but should one side win over the other then you will view the memories with a clouded view," the man says to me.

"How...how do I let keep both?" I say to him worried about what is happening to me.

"There are always two sides of the same coin, to find the balance between both is something we all struggle with. It is up to the individual to find peace between the two sides. However our time is up, I wish you luck on your journey Matt and I will be watching with great interest," the man says catching me off guard before tapping my chest with his staff and forcing me awake.

"Will you become the beast hidden inside you or find balance, I wonder?" I hear the man whisper as I wake up. Opening my eyes I see Alice looking down at me with concern.

"Matt! What happened?! Are you ok?!" Alice says holding my head in her lap and running her hands through my hair.

"Yeah, I had a crazy vision. Did something happen?" I ask her sitting up, much to her displeasure seeing her look at me with concern and annoyance.

"Yes! You idiot, all of a sudden you collapsed and began sweating profusely," Alice says gesturing to me, now I noticed how wet my shirt is, like the first time I turned that night. Looking at the time it looks to be late, around nine at night.

"Seems we are going to be pretty late for that feast," I say sighing and standing up.

"I'll explain on the way back," I say to her grabbing her in a princess carry and running back to my family's house. Running on the way back I tell Alice all that happened in my vision and hearing about my two souls made Alice look at me even more concerned.

"Matt, you have another set of memories?" Alice says looking at me as I'm running with her in my arms.

"Yes...before coming to Forks, I was in the hospital for collapsing all of a sudden. Waking up I had memories of a man who lived in a different version of earth, he…..we....I lived a hard life there and was becoming more cynical towards the end of that life," I say to her sighing and confused about all the information that has been dumped on me the last few weeks.

"How are you going to find peace between the two?" Alice says after thinking about all I told her.

"Yeah, I would love to know that too, if you have any ideas please tell me," I say to her and give a small laugh.

"Matt this isn't funny, don't be an idiot like Emmett. We are going to figure this out," Alice says giving me a glare. Though it only makes her look cuter in my opinion.

"You know when your angry, you're even cuter," I say to her and smirk, which makes her smile quickly but is quickly replaced with an even harder glare.

"Matt, I'm serious," Alice says upset with my seemingly nonchalant attitude, though on the inside I'm freaking out, but I don't want her to worry more than she already is.

"I know, but we will talk more later. We are almost at the feast," I say to her, which makes her sigh and nod, though she is still pouting at me.

Arriving at the huge open field, we can see pretty much everyone in the clan is there. Several hundred people, kids as young as five or six to the elders of the clan. There also appear to be dozens of tables filled with all sorts of foods and people playing music, others dancing, some elders telling stories, and kids running around. Though seeing Alice and I enter the people closest to us all turn to see us, first surprised at our presence then all with happy expressions.

"MATT AND ALICE HAVE COME!" they shout making everyone stop and look over at us, which many cheer. Either from drinking or actually being happy we are here, people start welcoming us to the party and clan. Walking through the crowds until Lucas and Astrid come to us with drinks in hand.

"Matt, Alice, took you both long enough! Enjoying some alone time?!" Astrid says laughing at her own joke and we can smell the alcohol on her breath. Lucas and Astrid each hand us a cup, mine with mead and Alice with blood.

"Come your Farföräldrar are waiting for you guys," Lucas says as they lead us over to where the family heads are sitting, they had a long table set up where they were all sitting.

"You feel better now Matt? We didn't think you would come after now showing the first two hours," Astrid whispers to me only loud enough for me, Alice, and Lucas to hear.

".....Yeah a little better," I whisper back to them and they both give me nods of understanding before their cheerful attitude comes back as we approach the clan head and elder's table.

"My barnbarn, we didn't think you would show," Ingegärd says getting up and giving both me and Alice a hug.

"Well, I just needed some time alone," I say to Ingegärd returning the hug. She nods in understanding.

"Come eat and drink, then Ivar will introduce you to the clan officially," Ingegärd says pulling both Alice and me to the long table sitting next to her. Though the whole time I can Astrid and Lucas's grandfather looking at Alice with hatred. Though for now, we ignore him and enjoy the food and drinks, well I am as Alice drinks her blood and feeds me food that she hasn't seen before and asks me how it tastes.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

AN: Enjoy. This fanfic is not close to being over, but after this one ends, I plan on writing an MHA fanfic. I just thought I would share what I want to write next. Have a good one all. 

80