Ch.44
1.3k 7 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Matt Pov)

Making my way to the center well, every step I take is one leaving an ice footprint behind me and shaking the ground. Approaching the center well I see that the summer side is gone and the whole place is winter a wasteland. Baldr and Odin are standing there and seeing me approach Baldr has a look of surprise, while Odin seems his usual all-knowing self. Placing the cold orb into the well, I see the two orbs circling around one another in the well. After a few moments of circling around one another, the whole tree begins to shake and starts to fall apart.

"We should leave this place," Odin says with the same indifference while Baldr is still trying to process this. Quickly we all leave the tree and stepping outside it, I can see the once plain of grass and trees has turned into an Ice wasteland. Turning back to the huge tree I see that it has collapsed and raising from the broken tree is a giant shining blue orb the size of the moon, with small cracks in it that are red.

"With this, a new elder god has joined the realms and become one of the most powerful considering the size of your beacon of power," Odin says seeing the orb and seeming somewhat surprised, now Baldr has his jaw dropped.

As Odin says this I feel a connection with this place like never before and the orb is like another part of me. Then the giant orb shrinks and flies into me, making me stumble back a few feet at the impact. As it does I can feel a connection with another realm, one that Odin and Baldr are from. Like I'm connected to Asgard and here which is Jotunheim. After connecting with me my power skyrockets to new heights and so to does my base size in this Ice giant form. Making me 100' (30.5m) tall, though I shrink back down willing myself to be back to a normal ice giant size of 20' (6.1m).

"What is your new name elder god of winter and death?" Odin asks me and I feel a name instinctually come to my head.

"Hvítrnár," I say and know that this name is my true name.

"Ah, that is apt, 'White Death'," Odin says with a look of wisdom.

"Wait! There hasn't been a new god in millenniums! Did you know he would ascend after claiming those powers?! What am I asking of course you knew," Baldr says annoyed with Odin.

"Of course, why else would I bless him? His ancestor was the first to receive my blessing but failed in awakening his powers, though Hvítrnár has been successful," Odin says as I look around my realm and feel at home like never before.

"Don't you–we have a goddess of death, Hela? And one of winter, Ullr?" I ask Odin snapping back to the conversation.

"True, but they are not as powerful as you. You are part of our pantheon, but not at the same time. You have the blood of Ymir in you, making you the new King of Jotunheim. I don't know how you have his blood but you do, if I had to guess he was the true father of your mother," Odin says seeing my face of confusion.

"I may have killed him long ago, but with his remaining power, he put his faith in you succeeding him as the true King of Jotunheim. That would seem to have been successful," Odin says looking at me with a scrutinizing glaze.

"Father! That would make him match you or be more powerful than even you! It took you and several others to kill Ymir!" Baldr says in surprise.

"Yes he is much stronger than me by inheriting Ymir's power, but I believe Hvítrnár would not start another war. Would you?" Odin says to Baldr and gives me a knowing look.

"I have no interest in my grandfather's old wars, maybe we Jötunn can make an alliance with you all," I say as from the ice wasteland I see hundreds of thousands of Jötunn appearing looking towards me in awe and all begin to kneel to me. At the same time, the ground shakes, and behind me where the tree once was now a Palace of Ice took its place.

"Then I as the King of Asgard make an official alliance with the new King of Jotunheim," Odin says holding his hand out to me, which I shake, and with it, I feel a connection between our two realms form, as for the first time in existence both Asgard and Jotunheim have become connected as equals in an alliance.

"I will return to the mortal world soon, I plan on spending much time there as I still have family there. One day when I am ready to leave it behind I will return here permanently, with the Queen of Jotunheim," I say as all this information floods my mind since apparently, I ascended to godhood.

"Of course, though as you now know probably, do not show your real form to mortals as your presence alone would kill them. You have not only ascended to godhood but further beyond a simple god into an elder god in terms of power, and our presence alone alters the fabric of existence," Odin says nodding to me hearing what I am saying as the Jötunn are still kneeling to me.

"Yes of course, though once I officially marry Alice she will ascend to becoming a goddess. I guess children are a possibility in the future," I say thinking out loud.

"That will happen yes, though we will leave the new King of Jotunheim to familiarize himself with his people and Jotunheim itself," Odin says teleporting away with Baldr before he can speak.

After they leave I turn to the jötunn who are still kneeling to me and return to my real giant size of 100' (30.5m). Feeling my look on them I can tell they are nervous but don't move.

"Raise my brothers and sisters, as you heard we have not only made peace with Asgard but allied ourselves with them," I say to them as my voice echoes through the realm and shakes the ground. Many seem reluctant to that decision I made, but feeling the power I am releasing which was the same as Ymir none speak up against me.

Using my new knowledge and power, I look into all of their heads finding those who would be most loyal to me. I find but a hand full as the others all fear me, while five looks at me in awe and respect. Calling those five toward me they walk up to me and kneel once again to me. With my size, they all look like toys, though I put my hands over them and bless them with power.

The most loyal one was named Sarnald and she was made my top General of the Giants. With the other being Generals under her, Rignavin, Thrigum, Villoff, and Lafnom. Each growing in size and power, Sarnald being just as powerful as Thor and reaching 50' (15m). The rest reached a middle stage god's strength and height of 35' (10.7m).

"These five are my generals, with Sarnald being my top general and right hand! When I am not here, she will lead you all! Come you five, let me tell you what I want from you all while I am in the mortal realm," I shout to the rest of the jötunn and then motion for the five to follow me into the palace. Now every step I take shakes the whole realm and my mere presence radiates absolute zero and pure ice in my wake.

Walking up to the palace it is the same size as the huge tree that was here before. Every entryway and furniture inside is big enough to accommodate my huge size. The Palace is made from this special ice-like blue metal, the same that my armor and weapon are made from. Stepping inside the entrance of this palace is a huge throne room with Ice Pillars lining the walkway leading to a huge ice throne. Taking my seat on the throne, the five generals kneel before me once again.

"I will return to the mortal realm soon. In the meantime I want you to find those who are the best among the Jötunn as fighters and make several regiments. The best of the best are to become the guards of this palace and under the direct command of Sarnald. They will be known as the Immortale Frost Guards," I say to them bestowing the best ways of fighting and commanding an army, to their minds as I know have all this limitless knowledge in my mind.

"I will breathe life into our world, bringing back the animals of this world and plants that can survive our world. Then I will bestow the knowledge of how to build cities, farm the plants and herd the animals for food. I will make this once desolate place, a place of beauty and life for our people, war has almost killed us all, we will always be ready for a fight but must first thrive in this place!" I say commanding them and giving the knowledge to all the Jötunn of what I am about to will in existence. Plus my basic laws that if disobeyed will result in imprisonment or death.

Following me the now completely loyal and fanatical generals looking at me with complete respect and awe. We walk back outside with the remaining Jötunn standing outside the palace who are also now looking at me no longer in fear but in awe and hope. As they know what I plan to do for them and know that I bestowed the knowledge in their minds.

Drawing all my power which seems almost infinite the Jötunn all staring at me in awe I place my hands on the ground of this endless wasteland. With my hands on the ground, I force life back into this world, life that can survive this place. Giant trees twice the size of me in height and thickness begin to raise from the ground all over the planet. With it, water that can not be frozen forms around this planet and so too does smaller plant life form, bushes, grass, etc, each strong enough to survive this endless winter. With this plant life, I bring animals into existence, winter wolves, bears, deer, rabbits, etc. All much bigger in size to survive this place and I erect the first Ice city around my palace for the remaining Jötunn to live in, before they begin to thrive and expand.

"All hail the eternal King of Jotunheim, winter, and death! All hail King Hvítrnár!" I hear Sarnald shout in pure loyalty. As the rest of the Jötunn shout my name over and over again.

"Go and begin to bring back life to our world!" I shout once I finish bringing life back to this place and hold my hand up to stop them from cheering me. They all with extremely happy faces nod to me and begin to take their new homes in the first city of Jotunheim, the city of Eternal Ice.

"I'm going to return to the mortal realm now. Call me should you need me before I return here officially to rule forever. Sarnald you are to lead our people in my stead for now. I hope you can complete what I tasked you all with before my return," I say to them and they each give me a serious look and solute me with their hands over their hearts.

"We will not disappoint you, my King!" Sarnald says with utter loyalty in her voice. With that, I open a portal to where I left my friends knowing that my body disappeared after I rose to godhood.

As I step through the portal in my human form, I see Sam, Eva, and Carlisle in a panic not knowing what happened to me. Then stepping out from behind a tree, they all turn to me shocked.

"Matt! One minute you were here and the next you disappeared what the hell happened?!" Eva asks me calming down a bit now that I'm back and not in a werebear form.

"I got control over myself and met Odin, he brought my physical body to my mindscape. There we talked and then I got control of myself, I feel complete now," I say to them lying since only Alice is going to know the truth and I plan on making her mind protected from mind readers like Edward and Edythe. They all give me slightly doubtful looks but seem to accept what I said, other than Sam as he seems really confused.

"Wait, gods are real?!" Sam says after some thought.

"Yeah, I mean, witches, vampires, werebears, and shifters like yourself are real, so why wouldn't gods exist?" I question him and he seems very thoughtful about what I said, but just shrugs it off.

"True…..I guess. Well, glad you are yourself again. I'm gonna head back now and…..maybe think about what god to pray to," Sam says leaving.

"You should return to Alice, she has been calling me, and Eva none stop after you left. You should explain to her what you did," Carlisle says to me sighing after relaxing now that I'm back and well.

"Yeah we have a lot to talk about, thank you both again for helping me," I say to them before leaving to head back home.

"Of course anytime Matt," Carlisle says and Eva nods in agreement with him.

54