Ch.47
1.1k 6 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Matt Pov)

The next day we all went sightseeing in the city and spent the rest of the day hanging out all together. After enjoying ourselves in the city thankfully being left alone, but the vampires we met yesterday, though I have a feeling that will not be the last time we see them. The day that we had to meet the Volturi came and we drove to Volterra which was not that far from Florence, about an hour and a half drive. The city of Volterra was much smaller than Florence but was still populated with many humans, though I can sense there are many vampires hidden within the city and underneath it. Once we got to the city three vampires came to meet us, I recognized them as the hunter trio the Volturi sends when enforcing their laws. One woman and two men, them being Jane, Alec, and Felix.

"You have arrived on time, that is good. Though it would seem you brought a human with you and a new…..vampire?" Felix says to Carlisle while looking at Bella who is nervously hiding a bit behind Edward and giving me a sideways look.

"This is Bella, Edward's mate and who we plan on turning. This is–" Carlisle says before I cut him off. Though Edward flinches at the mention of turning Bella.

"I'm Matt and brother of Bella, Alice's mate, and yes I am a vampire, but my powers involve ice, making my appearance this way," I say to them as the trio is eyeing me with slight doubt, but don't seem to be completely doubtful. The Cullens don't bat an eye at my lie, but Bella seems confused and thinks maybe I did turn, from her look at me.

"Interesting….. Well, I'm sure our leaders would love to learn more about you. Maybe even offer you a place among us," Felix says while eyeing me and then turns and motions for us all to follow them.

Following them further into the city we come across an old-style building, one of historical value and inside we see a receptionist who is a human and other humans wandering the halls of the top floor. Taking us to an elevator that leads downstairs Bella can't help but whisper to Edward though we can all hear her.

"Are the humans here for…..for drinking?" Bella asks nervously and reconsidering her decision to come here.

"Yes and no, some we may take pity on or interest in and turn into one of us. The others are food," Felix answers before Edward can respond and makes Bella jump at his answer grabbing onto Edward with a stronger grip.

Standing behind her I put my hand on Bella's shoulder reassuring her as Edward hugs her tighter to him. She gives us both a thankful nod. Even as a god my attachments to the people I love, remain the same and I will protect them all.

'I should claim their souls as mine, refusing Hela them and bring them to my realm. I guess I could ask Odin to claim my clan as my champions instead of his. That way when they die their souls travel to my realm and not to Valhalla. Then again my clan might want to go to Valhalla on death. I should ask Eva in a none direct way what she thinks. Maybe even turning some of them into jötunn gods,' I think to myself as we reach the bottom floor and the elevator's door opens.

'Questions for later,' I shrug to myself and see Alice looking at me with a curious look on her face. Though I just smile at her and squeeze her hand and she smiles back squeezing mine in return.

Walking further into the underground part of this building it was well made and had modern designs not like what I thought these old vampires would want. Then after about a ten minute walk and hearing various noises, some of humans dieing, among other noises. While also passing other vampires dressed in the uniform that the trio we are following is wearing. All these things only make Bella more nervous and hold onto Edward in slight fear. Then we arrive before a set of ornate wooden doors that had some gold on them in various places. Opening up this room inside we can see three male vampires on sitting thrones and now staring at us in a scrutinizing manner.

The one on the center throne was Aro a black haired, pale skinned, around 5'9" (175cm), and red eyed vampire like the rest here, who all feed on human blood. The one on the right throne is Caius, a blonde haired, pale skinned, and around 5'10" (179cm) vampire. The last one on the left throne is Marcus, also a black haired, pale skinned, and 6'1" (185cm) vampire. These three are the founders and leaders of the Volturi, with Aro as the head leader since he has the most influence among the three. After we all enter the room the doors close behind us and the trio who led us here stands next to the platform that the thrones are on, while several other guard vampires stand behind us by the doors watching us carefully.

"Carlisle, it has been too long since you last visited. You should visit once in a while, though we have heard that you have a human among your coven now and a new vampire," Aro says with a creepy smile while eyeing Bella and then me.

"After hearing your coven was expanding once again, we decided to meet the one who would and have joined your coven. They may have told you about us I assume, but I am Aro the head of the Volturi, this is Caius and Marcus, my fellow leaders and long time brothers. We have led the vampires for several centuries now and have brought us all to a much better and newer era, compared to the older leaders of us vampires," Aro says to us with the same creepy smile and after saying this Alice tenses up as she has a vision it seems. Holding her shoulders steady, though this doesn't go unnoticed by the Volturi.

"My dear Alice, you had a vision. What was the vision you had? I can look if it is easier for you," Aro says but along with the creepy smile I can see a glint of greed in his eyes. From my memories, Aro always wanted Alice in the Volturi since her ability can be very useful. Making me become defensive and consider if I should just kill them all, but remember I need them to bring the stronger covens together.

"I….I saw the powers that Bella has after turning and her turning. Meaning she will join us eventually," Alice says nervously and leaning into me staring at Aro who is now smiling at her, and motions for her to come closer. Looking at me first Alice then walks over to Aro, though I begin to follow behind her, and as I do the guards in the room all tense up. While Edward is holding onto Bella defensively, with Bella nervous at all that is happening.

"I won't hurt her…." Aro says now smiling at me with the creepy look.

"Matt," I say with some curtness in my voice and making the guards all look at me in anger, but the leaders seem indifferent to my attitude.

"Nice to meet you Matt. I've never seen a vampire with your eyes before. I know the Cullens drink animal blood making their eyes golden, but why are yours ice blue?" Aro says standing up and approaching Alice and me, though I am towering over him. Alice is holding my hand tightly nervous at my reaction to them all, but knowing I could kill them all.

"After turning I gained the powers of Ice and I guess my eyes took on that look to represent my power," I said staring down at him defiantly and annoyed by his creepy smile.

"Hmmm, well let me see this vision, Alice. Then we can see a demonstration of your powers," Aro says holding his hand out for Alice to place her. Which she does reluctantly. After seeing the vision of what I assume to be the same one in the movie and books. Showing Bella being turned into a vampire with the powers of a shield, keeping others immune from the abilities of other vampires and possible supernaturals.

After the vision, Aro turns to Bella with the same creepy smile and greedy look in his eyes that he has for Alice. Making Bella tense up more and Edward glare even harder at Aro.

"She will be turned and when she is I want to be informed. You have at most two years to turn her or I will send someone to turn her," Aro says no longer with a creepy smile, but a commanding voice. All the Cullens nod, while Edward has an even angrier look on his face.

"Now bring us one of the condemned, so we can see the power of your abilities," Aro says commanding one of the guards to bring a prisoner who I guess has been sentenced to death. After a few minutes and Alice standing next to me staring nervously at what I planned on doing with the Cullens nervous too, thinking my lie is going to be caught. A vampire who is chained up along with broken body parts from torture and thrown onto his knees stays on the ground staring at nothing seemingly broken mentally.

"Now then, show us the scale of your powers," Aro says sitting back on his throne with the creepy smile back on his face. Sighing I hold my one hand out and spew ice from my hand at the prisoner. The coldness of the ice is felt by everyone since it is absolute zero, though I make sure not to affect anyone but the prisoner negatively. In less than a second the prisoner is dead from the sheer coldness of my ability and walking over to the body I tap it as it completely turns to crystal dust on the ground.

"My, my, Carlisle you have a knack for finding one with great abilities," Aro says staring at me with a greedy look now too. However, all the Cullens are surprised and confused at what just occurred. As they seem to think maybe Alice did turn with the looks they are giving us now.

"I once offered a place among us to Alice, I will extend the same invitation to you and the human once she turns. You don't have to answer right away, just think about it. We could give you much in return for your service," Aro says smiling after the greedy look disappeared. I just stare at him not giving an answer, pissing the guards off once again, but is ignored by the leaders.

"Well, it was nice seeing you Cullens again. You are dismissed, but do not forget what I said about that human," Aro says waving us out of the room and the guards all begin to usher us out. After a silent and awkward walk out of the place the Volturi resides, we find ourselves driving back to the hotel we are staying at.

"So Matt, did Alice actually turn you? Or is this something you can do now after gaining control of yourself completely?" Carlisle asks me on our way back to the hotel and everyone is looking at me curiously as well.

"No she did not turn me and yes this is something I gained after winning control of myself," I say to them, which is technically not a lie.

"Cool, that makes you like Mr.Freeze now! Saying something like Arnold!" Emmett says immediately turning the tense mood after meeting the Volturi back to normal. Everyone laughs hearing him also, though I just roll my eyes at him. After getting back to the hotel and spending the rest of the car ride messing around with one another. Carlisle pulls Alice and me aside.

"Alice, Matt, about what Aro said joining the Volturi. All I can say is that it is up to you both, but I was once part of them, and….they operate like a mafia. They will have you do many things, especially you Matt seeing your destructive power, like killing those who oppose them. I only hope you consider not joining them," Carlisle says to us giving us a nervous look.

"I have no interest in joining those creeps. Plus since I will never be a vampire they will find the truth one day I would bet. I am also the next clan head of my clan, so there are many reasons I will not join them," I say to Carlisle and he relaxes hearing what I said.

"I have no interest either, plus where Matt goes I go!" Alice says smiling and hugging me from the side. Carlisle just smiles at her and nods to both of us gratefully.

"That is good, well I will let you two go and enjoy yourselves before we return back home," Carlisle says turning around and heading inside to his hotel room, with Alice and me heading inside to ours.

49