Ch.52
978 6 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Matt Pov)

The next day came and with it Jacob, who came over to meditate with me seeing what it is that is bothering him. After going with him further into the woods away from the house, we sit in a small clearing in the forest with me motioning for him to begin meditating.

"You can start, once you find yourself in the forest inside your head I will perform the ritual I was taught to enter your mindscape," I say to Jacob lying through my teeth, but he trusts me and nods his head beginning to meditate.

After waiting for half an hour making sure he is in his mindscape and fully committed to meditating I enter his mind but leave my physical body behind bringing only part of me into his mindscape. Entering his mindscape I can see that the forest I am in, is just like the forest in Forks and the eerie silence is slightly unsettling. Then I can sense Jacob walking in his human form a bit away from me, I teleport myself behind him quietly.

"Jacob, you were right this is just like Forks, and the quiet is very unsettling," I say to him, making him jump in fright at my sudden appearance.

"FUCK! Matt! Damn you came out of nowhere, but yeah, this place is very peaceful to me. Not like the constant chaos that I feel all the time when I'm not here, my emotions all over the place," Jacob says to me while having a peaceful and happy smile on his face.

"For me, mine was a plain of tall grass with some trees and one huge tree in the center bigger than anything on earth. Once I entered the tree I was able to see my problems and deal with them, making me whole," I say to Jacob and try to see if he has something that needs to be addressed other than the unknown wolf. I don't sense the wolf either, I am making sure my presence can't be sensed even by the best of the gods right now.

"Is the wolf always here when you meditate?" I ask Jacob after not sensing anything other than us in this place. 

"Not right away, usually later in my time here and when I'm about to stop meditating does it show up," Jacob says to me shrugging, now I make sure not only am I unsensed but unseen, only seen by Jacob. This might be an entity I'm not familiar with and want to cover all my bases. Only a primordial like myself could sense or see me here, though among the primordials very few reach my strength, as I have reached the top of the top.

"Well let us explore and see if there is anything that stands out," I say and start walking around this endless forest.

"Sure, but I've run around this place in my wolf form constantly and haven't seen anything special," Jacob says to me, but shrugs and follows me.

After spending what feels like hours exploring this place, we found nothing out of the ordinary here. Then when I see the frustration of Jacob settling in I sense two new presences enter his mindscape.

"Jacob, just so you know the ritual performed when I entered your mindscape makes me only sensed and seen by you, so if we do come across something and they don't notice me that is why. I would also suggest not talking to me if we find something as it would make you appear crazy to them," I say to Jacob as I sense one of the two presences heading our way. He gives me a confused look but then nods his head affirming what I told him.

Just before he could respond the presence made itself known, by appearing out of the woods and it was a man. Not any man but a young man who wore only a loin cloth made of animal hide and had war paint along his body. His appearance is of a native American, with brown skin, eyes, and long black hair tied into braids. Jacob upon seeing him became nervous as he had only ever met the wolf here and not this unknown man. I knew this was Yum Kaax, the Mayan god of forests and hunts.

"Young one, come and follow me. You should learn more about how your people came to be," Yum Kaax says to Jacob who is staring at him in surprise.

"Who are you?" Jacob asks him.

"I am Yum Kaax, the god our people have long forgotten, but still watches over you all," Yum Kaax introduces himself. Though I can see Jacob is still hesitating and not sure how to proceed.

"Go with him, I too was visited by gods in my mindscape. Though the Norse gods, they are not to be trusted one hundred percent but learn what he wants," I say to Jacob who just nods his head still staring at Yum Kaax confused. As Jacob follows Yum Kaax to wherever it is they are headed, I decide to see what or who this other presence is here.

Appearing inside a cave that appeared when these presences came to Jacob's mindscape, I see a wolf lying in the cave sleeping. Looking at it I know it is the Mayan god of death and mutants, known as Xolotl. From the looks of things, all shifters that exist in this world are tied to a pantheon of gods, mine is Norse, Jacob's is Mayan, and I am sure there are others for each pantheon. This does not mean Jacob will ascend to godhood, that I know with the knowledge I now possess after seeing these gods like a lock was broken inside my mind. For I was an exception in the grand cosmos for some reason. The first mortal in an extremely long time to ascend to godhood, let alone the primordial level. As I contemplated this, how to proceed, and if I should further involve myself I felt a new presence looking into this world and they sensed me. Meaning this was a primordial level god.

"Hvítrnár, why are you in the realm of my people? We have no quarrel with the Norse or Jotunheim," I hear a feminine voice enter my head, that I recognize as Ix Chel. She is the primordial goddess of the Mayans known for the moon, fertility, and death.

Following the voice, to her location, I teleport to her realm. Gods and goddesses are more powerful when inside their personnel realm, as it boosts their powers to twice their max strength. Usually, gods or goddesses avoid meeting in another one's realm of power, but on neutral grounds. For me, my realm is Jotunheim itself, such as hers is the moon's surface it would appear, as I find myself on the moon and staring down at the earth. After teleporting I transition myself into my true form in case things do turn hostile, but I also know not all primordials are at the same level. I am tied with others for being the strongest among primordials, the only ones matching my strength being, Gaea, Tartarus, Set, and Ra. As we all stand equally at the top, being five times as strong as the other primordials.

"Ix Chel, I do not come in aggression or ill reasons, but before ascending that human who your people are playing with was a friend of mine. I was just trying to help him understand what possibly could be going on inside his head. After seeing Yum Kaax and Xolotl, I now understand you are choosing him to be the champion of your pantheon. Is this because I plan on making a city for the changed humans and I assume the other pantheons are doing the same?" I say to Ix Chel as release my power to intimidate her, plus I tower over her, being the largest of the Primordials is a nice boon when you want to intimidate. I can tell my presence makes her nervous, that even in her realm I still overpower her more than twice over.

"I am glad you mean no ill will Hvítrnár. Yes after you made your intentions clear of forming a city for the changed humans the pantheons have decided to find new champions. We would like to see this city built and have a place where we are once more worshiped, the Mayan pantheon and others will most likely stand alongside you. We are curious who you will choose among your clan for a champion," Ix Chel says to me, but the nervousness is still there as I am still leaking my power.

"Interesting, that would be fun to see. Though I assume not all the pantheons are on board with this, like the Christians or Buddhists," I say to her and now may have to alter my plans a bit to possibly wage a war that I can not personnel partake in, as that would lead to war among the gods. The last time that happened the universe was almost destroyed. 

"No why would those fools want to give up more power to us, they have many followers still, even after wiping out ours," Ix Chel says with venom in her voice, as most pantheons are not remembered as well or worshiped as they once were.

"Well, I will not interfere anymore with the journey Jacob must take to become the champion. You may visit my realm or me as my guest, though I find myself on earth more often than not," I say to her as for now I will trust her, as I do not sense any deceit or lies in her words. While also no longer leaking my power, making her relax somewhat

"My thanks Hvítrnár, you are welcomed as a guest in my realm as well. I will discuss with my husband the possibility of an official alliance with you and Asgard if they want one as well. We will most likely be happy to make an alliance and assist you in making a place for all of our people to reside and worship us once more," Ix Chel says to me smiling and with that, I leave, teleporting back to my body on earth. Returning there I see Jacob is still meditating and doing whatever it is inside his mindscape.

'Now who should I make my champion for the bears? I would choose my Aunt or grandfather, but I plan on bringing them to my realm as gods so they would not be possible. Maybe Astrid or Lucas, since they are the only other ones who I trust enough with my blessing,' I think to myself. Once someone has your blessing a god is not allowed to take away the blessing, since fate has been sealed and no god can alter fate to that level. After these thoughts about altering my plans and how to move forward, Jacob sturs awake.

"Welcome back, what happened after I was kicked out?" I ask Jacob making it sound like the god banished me from his mindscape.

"So that is why you disappeared. Well, I spoke with Yum Kaax and he told me the real story about how my people were first blessed with turning. That it was ancient Mayan warriors who were the first shifters and they defended the trib from all things no normal person could fight. That he wants me to be his next champion, but to receive his blessing I need to hunt the wolf that is inside my landscape," Jacob says to me and seems excited at the idea of becoming a champion.

"That is amazing, though just remember not everything a god says is truthful and there are many sides to each story," I say to Jacob offering him my only advice moving forward, as what happens next is up to him and fate.

"You said you met gods too in your meditation, are you a champion of one of the gods?" Jacob asks me after thinking for some time about everything he just experienced.

"Yes, I am a champion of a god. One of the Norse gods, but I should head back I have things I need to do at home. Keep me updated with how this whole thing turns out for you," I say deflecting the question away and getting up leaving to head back home before he can ask any more questions. Though it would seem he's more concerned with what is going on inside his head.

"Yeah, ok, see you later and I'll let you know what happens to me in all this craziness," Jacob says waving me goodbye as I quickly leave.

49