Ch.55
941 5 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AN: Sorry for the late chapter, but I was informed a few hours ago that my sister was hospitalized for a complication in her pregnancy. She and her husband were informed the baby died overnight and she now must give birth to a stillborn.

______________________________________________________________________

(Matt Pov)

Heading to the meeting Leah led us to a building in the center of the village that was large, much like a town hall. Entering inside Leah led us to the back room where it was one big table with the three elders, Billy Black, Clara Zollanger, and Levi Uley who is Sam's great-grandfather and the head elder. They sat at one end of the table with my grandparents at the other end of the table which could sit ten people if needed. Seeing us all enter the two elders who I'm not familiar with, look at us with a scrutinizing gaze. Though Billy smiles and motions for us all to sit down at the table. Lucas and I sitting next to my grandparents, with Astrid sitting next to Lucas and Jacob sitting next to me across from Astrid.

"So these two are mated pair?" Levi says seeing the looks that are not so discreetly shared between Jacob and Astrid. Surprising my grandmother, Billy, and Clara who didn't notice until now.

"Unfortunately," Lucas says with a smirk at Astrid who shoots him a glare.

"Well now it appears our clans have the cement needed to form between us, that is good," Levi says and my grandfather nods his head in agreement. Billy seems very happy for Jacob, as like me he was annoyed with Jacob's obsession with Bella.

"Matt we have finalized the official alliance, but we just need you to sign the papers for both clans to keep. Since you are going to be the clan head, your signature will finalize everything," Ivar says to me after the awkward looks Jacob and Astrid are having from everyone talking about them.

Looking over the papers, I can see it is just saying that both clans will come to the others' aid should one side be called upon. That a marriage between one of our clan members on either side to cement the alliance, which we will now have. Astrid will now act as our representative for our clan here if no other higher clan members are present. Some of their clan will move to ours as a representative for them at our clan. Though I want to add something before I sign.

"This is a very good alliance, but I would like to add something. Since my mate is a vampire, I will now live as long as she lives, making me immortal age-wise. So I do not plan on being my clan's head forever either, but I'm not sure what your alliance is with the Cullens now. Though I would like for her to be welcomed here just as one of my clan would be," I say thinking about Alice and hoping that she will be not an outcast here, I wouldn't say no to the alliance if they said no, but would not come here personally anymore unless necessary.

"So we were informed by your grandparents, that is fine, as long as she remains your wife she is welcomed here," Levi says to me with a nod. Giving him a smile, we add that line also in the papers for both clans to keep. Should any clan members marry a vampire they are welcomed on either ground as would be any other clan member. Atleast if the vampire is not a murder-happy one. Signing both sets of papers we finalize the paperwork with a picture that the Quileute will hang in their town hall and one for us to hang on our clan meeting grounds.

After the meeting, we left the village, but Astrid wanted to stay for a bit more to 'hang out' with Jacob. Though when she said that before Lucas could say anything she threatens to smash his balls. So we all left to head back to my home, with Leah too since I invited her to hang out with us all at my house. Arriving at my house, Leah was introduced to everyone and I told them what happened at the meeting. Once the day came to an end we told Leah she was welcome here anytime which she was happy to hear. Then Astrid came home a little later, being able to not sleep anymore I saw her try to sneak inside the house at one in the morning.

"You know living with vampires and me who doesn't need much sleep anymore. It is almost impossible to sneak in," I say to Astrid as I'm watching a movie with Alice on the couch who is cuddled up on me. I give Astrid a smirk seeing her embarrassed face and Alice pauses the movie to look at Astrid with a happy smile.

"OH! You're back! How'd it go?!" Alice says excitedly since she considers Astrid a close friend and heard what happened today with her.

"Shush! Don't wake up Matt's grandparents or my brother! I'll tell you, but Matt has to leave the room," Astrid says giving me an annoyed look and shushing Alice who gives an understanding smile.

"Alice would never–" Before I can finish much to my surprise Alice is pushing me out of the room.

"Matt, leave! I need to have girl time with Astrid. Go annoy Jasper or Emmett," Alice says as she is pushing me out of the room, much to my shock and Astrid is smirking at me.

"But…..But you love me!" I say surprised.

"Yes, I love you more than anything! But sometimes girls just need to talk without a man present!" Alice says giving me a quick kiss then motions for me to leave quickly. Giving an annoyed look at Astrid, I sigh and go find Emmett to take my frustration out on him.

"First time being kicked out? You'll get used to it," Emmett says much to my surprise as he and Jasper heard the whole thing from the other room. Jasper gives an agreeing nod to what Emmett said.

"Yeah but I'm not an ass like you," I say and Jasper chuckles while Emmett just gives us both an annoyed look.

"What's your excuse Jasper?!" Emmett says hearing Jasper chuckling.

"Hey! I said leave! If we can hear you, you can hear us!" Alice says stepping into the kitchen where we were at.

As the rest of the night was spent with Jasper, Emmett, and me outside just passing the time with bets, drinking, and smoking. As the next few days pass without anything of interest happening, the wolves informed us today they had a run-in with a small group of vampires who they killed. Though were able to catch one alive. Heading over to the village, all the Cullens except Edward who was with Bella, Ivar, and me went there to see this captive. Sam lead us to a cave they were holding the vampire, away from the village, the vampire was missing an arm and leg. Seeing a young man maybe turned in his late twenties, seeing us all he became a lot tenser that now so many people were in front of him.

"We tried getting information from him, but he didn't talk no matter what we threatened him with," Sam says as we are all staring at the vampire.

"I won't say anything either! So just kill me, I'm dead either way!" the vampire says in an aggressive angry tone. The wolf outside growls in response to hearing the vampire, which made the vampire have a slightly fearful look.

"I can try reading his mind," Edythe says after everyone is thinking about what to do.

"That would be best," Carlisle says as we all nod our heads in agreement. Edythe then closes her eyes focusing on reading his mind. After a few minutes of silence, Edythe opens her eyes and sighs.

"He was sent here by Victoria with some others to scout us out and determine our strength. Seems from what I saw that she has turned a small army so far numbering roughly thirty or so newborns," Edythe says relaying what she saw.

"We can assume that since he won't be returning she will assume the group was caught and killed. Meaning that if she is smart, know we are strong or have more numbers than before, so build an even bigger army," I say after everyone was digesting this information, which both Ivar and Carlisle agree with what I say.

"If she is smart, she will attack within the next week or two, knowing we might know more about them now," Carlisle says.

"It would take a week for me to bring more clan members here if we need them," Ivar says.

"That may not be good, since the Volturi might be watching or hear about this. Then they would go to war hearing about us having an alliance with vampires and wolves," I say.

'I need them to fight this smaller battle first, as the war with the Volturi is what will bring the other Covens together,' I think to myself, as I don't want to show our full power yet.

"True, Matt is right. We will have to fight this battle on our own, we don't need the Volturi to get involved with this too and possibly fight us at the same time," Carlisle says agreeing with me.

"Not to sound too arrogant, but you have me and I'm somewhat a one man army," I say trying to reassure everyone, as I can get involved with the fight, as long as I don't use any of my godly powers.

"Then we all have to start preparing even more for this fight," Emmett says and starts rolling his shoulders, seemingly excited at the idea of a large battle.

"Ok, then we are increasing the training time with Jasper and Matt," Carlisle says as the Cullens nod in agreement.

"What about this one?" Sam says gesturing to the vampire. Who is now staring at us in defiance.

"I'll take care of him," I say as they all nod and leave the cave, except Alice who is watching me. Walking over to him, I grab his head in my one hand lifting him up to my eye level. As tries resisting but can do nothing to me.

"Your soul is now forfeited to me," I whisper in his ear only for him to hear, making him stare at me in confusion than fear as I only show him my godly form and grip his head hard enough to pop it like a frozen crystal watermelon.

"What'd you say to him?" Alice asks me after I am wiping my hands on the dead vampire's clothes and then tossing a match on him to light his body. For me, I no longer need to light them on fire, as the primordial god of winter and death, those who die by my hands are sent to my version of the underworld, or their souls are absorbed by me should I want to wipe them completely out of existence.

"Just that his soul is going to be sent to eternal damnation, I could see the misdeeds that he committed after becoming a vampire. He was scum, like those men I crippled that wanted to use you last year," I say to Alice, and being a god of death you can see the souls of beings and all the things they did over their lifetime.

"Ok, well….let's get out of here. We need to help the others finish learning how to fight like in your clan," Alice says to me and grabs my hand leading me out of the cave.

The next week and a half is spent with everyone training. Then as the next day arrives Alice gets a vision showing that Victoria and her army are on the move here. Like the movies, Bella used her blood to mark an area in the woods to lead the army to where we would ambush them and Bella would hide in the mountains with Edward, Ivar, and Astrid protecting her. The rest of us would be fighting the vampires.

46